Photo

BSL Fantasy Baseball League Thread 2 (2014 Season)

• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#1 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:06 PM

Damn it. I accidently  deleted the other thread from my phone.

Is there any way to recover it????

Anyway, yes Mack your example was right. If you keep a player on your minor league roster until the season begins you forfeit the pick where you drafted him . The alternative is calling him up to your major league roster before the draft. The player would cost you $5 for this year but you recoup that minor league draft pick.

Rob, we'll have to see what day is best to draft for everyone. I always like to get as close to OD as possible. I'll thorw out an initial draft date as Sat Mar 29 6 pm.

Ricker, don't know if you saw it earlier but there is a spot available for you.

#2 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:16 PM

Opening day is actually March 22nd. DBacks and Dodgers have a series in Australia, then go back to exhibition games. Because that makes total sense.
@BSLMikeRandall

#3 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:27 PM

Im open to days of the week that work well for everyone. Obviously, a weekday would have to be an evening draft.

#4 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:53 PM

If we do that last week, the only night that doesnt work is march 27th. Monday or Tuesday of that week would be best.
@BSLMikeRandall

#5 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,414 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:55 PM

I'm out of town March 14th-18th, but should be good for most other draft dates barring something popping up at work.  Thursday the 20th and 27th would be tricky, but perhaps could work something out.  Strongly prefer a weeknight to weekend.

Will we have a keeper choice deadline?  I'd like at least a couple days before the auction to know who everyone is keeping and adjust my rankings and values accordingly (most likely I won't get around to doing a real ranking like that, but just in case I actually do appropriate prepwork).

As far as the early series in Australia, if we don't draft before then, I would vote we either don't include those stats or let anyone who drafts a D-Back or Dodger player to simply know what those guys did in their first series and have that as an advantage.  We'll all be playing by the same rules, so I don't think it really makes much of a difference. 

I would say if you are keeping someone from the Dodgers or D-Backs, you have to have them in your starting lineup the first week, can't bench Hanley Ramirez just because you know he went 1/14 over the series if he would've almost certainly been in your starting lineup otherwise.  But if others disagree with that, it's not a major sticking point.

#6 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,414 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:03 PM

Would a player who was dropped from a team to waivers and then claimed before passing through the FA drop to $1 keeper or their original drafted value?

#7 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,414 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:11 PM

Also, can we make trades now?  Can trades include either cash for the auction or minor league draft picks?

It's 3 MLB keepers plus an optional minor league keeper?  You can either keep a minor league as a minor leaguer for $0 and sacrifice the pick you used to draft him or promote him to the majors, keep him for $5, but he counts as one of your 3 MLB keepers, not your minor league keeper?

#8 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:13 PM

Wasn't the minor league draft results from last year in that thread? That info would be handy. 

#9 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:18 PM

The draft order will be opposite of last year's finish. It was only random last year because it was year 1

Mack, a waiver claim retains his draft value. If a player cleared waivers and hit FA his value reset to $1

#10 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:37 PM

The 29th is definitely out for me...have one of my other drafts already scheduled.

#11 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:19 AM

I'm out of town March 14th-18th, but should be good for most other draft dates barring something popping up at work.  Thursday the 20th and 27th would be tricky, but perhaps could work something out.  Strongly prefer a weeknight to weekend.

Will we have a keeper choice deadline?  I'd like at least a couple days before the auction to know who everyone is keeping and adjust my rankings and values accordingly (most likely I won't get around to doing a real ranking like that, but just in case I actually do appropriate prepwork).

As far as the early series in Australia, if we don't draft before then, I would vote we either don't include those stats or let anyone who drafts a D-Back or Dodger player to simply know what those guys did in their first series and have that as an advantage.  We'll all be playing by the same rules, so I don't think it really makes much of a difference. 

I would say if you are keeping someone from the Dodgers or D-Backs, you have to have them in your starting lineup the first week, can't bench Hanley Ramirez just because you know he went 1/14 over the series if he would've almost certainly been in your starting lineup otherwise.  But if others disagree with that, it's not a major sticking point.

I agree with all of that. I would say we do include those stats from the early games though. If you keep someone from those team, must play them despite going 0 for whatever, or giving up 10 runs. 

Draft date, why don't we just throw out there the evening of March 24th. A Monday. Thoughts?

@BSLMikeRandall

#12 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,414 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:31 AM

March 24th should work for me

#13 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:34 AM

3/24 works for me too

#14 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:57 AM

That should work for me. I can also do Tues-Thurs, but it would have to start at like 915.

#15 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:17 PM

Has anyone figured out a way to see last years transactions? Through the league page I can see the draft results with auction values from last season, but I don't remember if any of my Arenado, Wacha, and Ozuna pickups were waivers or just FA adds.

#16 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,414 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:13 AM

Has anyone figured out a way to see last years transactions? Through the league page I can see the draft results with auction values from last season, but I don't remember if any of my Arenado, Wacha, and Ozuna pickups were waivers or just FA adds.

If they weren't drafted by someone else, then the distinction is moot, they'll be $1 keepers either way.

#17 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:08 AM

If they weren't drafted by someone else, then the distinction is moot, they'll be $1 keepers either way.

Okay cool. For some reason I thought using a waiver to get someone made them a 5$ keeper.

#18 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,414 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:24 PM

Okay cool. For some reason I thought using a waiver to get someone made them a 5$ keeper.

I don't remember that, but you may be right.

#19 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:35 PM

Tentative  draft date of 3/24 at 6:30.

I'll set the date of declaring your minor league keepers, if you choose to keep any, at 3/15. That will give us a week to do our minor league draft ahead of the auction draft. Remember, that anyone who has not been designated a keeper and has not played in the majors is eligible for the minor league portion of the draft.

If you're keeping guys who are currently on your minor league roster you need to post it in this thread whether you are keeping them on your minor league roster or promoting them to your big league roster at a cost of $5. Promoting them opens up another spot on your minor league roster.

#20 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:44 PM

Im promoting both of my minors keepers. Gyorko and Puig
@BSLMikeRandall

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors