#21 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,748 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:14 AM

http://espn.go.com/c...=espnapi_public

Alleges that one of his SB teams (Bears in 2006, Ravens in 2012) smoked pot before the game.

I support his work on gay rights and all that but BA needs to stop forcing the spotlight on himself with this kind of blatant attention grabbing.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#22 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:38 AM

http://espn.go.com/c...=espnapi_public

Alleges that one of his SB teams (Bears in 2006, Ravens in 2012) smoked pot before the game.

I support his work on gay rights and all that but BA needs to stop forcing the spotlight on himself with this kind of blatant attention grabbing.

I think this is a calculated move on his part to stay relevant. He realizes he isn't Ray Lewis or Dan Marino and won't keep his job on name recognition alone (yes, Emmitt Smith wasn't able to keep his -- just shows you how bad he was).

Also whether intentional or not -- by not mentioning which team it is, it gets people thinking, "I wonder which one it was."

@levineps

#23 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,564 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:47 AM

I think this is a calculated move on his part to stay relevant. He realizes he isn't Ray Lewis or Dan Marino and won't keep his job on name recognition alone (yes, Emmitt Smith wasn't able to keep his -- just shows you how bad he was).

Also whether intentional or not -- by not mentioning which team it is, it gets people thinking, "I wonder which one it was."

Very obviously both, as it should be - who gives a flying eff. It's marijuana.

• KWebz likes this

#24 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,712 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:49 AM

Annoying.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#25 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:06 AM

Ayanbadejo, who did not play in the NFL this season, said he was surprised his teammates would use marijuana days before the Super Bowl.

The headline (ESPN's, not the one here) makes it seem like the guys were hitting the gravity bong right before coming out of the tunnel.  But, Cheech-and-Chonging it up like the Tuesday before the Super Bowl?  Big deal Mr. Ayanbadejo.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#26 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:20 AM

I heard from a reliable source that they drink alcoholic beverages too.

¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#27 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,564 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:28 AM

I heard from a reliable source that they drink alcoholic beverages too.

At a party, after the game... can you believe that? The gall. 

#28 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:44 PM

ESPN: Roger Goodell talks drug policy

http://espn.go.com/n...news-conference

• Redskins name controversy. Goodell said the Redskins name has been "presented in a way that honors Native Americans."

• Playoff expansion. He said the possibility of adding two teams to the playoffs will "continue to get serious consideration."

• Playoff ticket sales. He said the league made a mistake in how it handled ticket sales for the playoffs that led to teams struggling to sell out games. He said the league should not have been in a position of having difficulties selling out playoff games.

• Replay. Goodell said it's possible some part of the replay process will take place at league headquarters, not just the stadiums. The competition committee is expected to examine the issue this offseason. Goodell said one scenario is for game officials to still make the final decision, but someone in New York also will weigh in to ensure the correct call is made. Goodell said that the "input could be helpful" to "make sure they're seeing any angle."

Seems to have softened his stance on the Redskins issue to borderline supporting Snyder here.

@levineps

#29 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

ESPN: Video review to become more centralized?

http://espn.go.com/b...ore-centralized

But Goodell acknowledged that the NFL has to provide more help to referees, who have increasingly come under fire for missed calls and calls that aren’t made correctly even after they are officially reviewed.

“I do believe there’s a possibility that some version of (video review) will occur where our office can at least be involved with the decision," Goodell said. "Maybe not make the decision but at least can provide some input that would be helpful to the officials on the field to make sure they’re seeing every angle to make sure they have the proper opportunity to make the best decision.”

@levineps

#30 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

BaltimoreRavens.com: Late For Work 1/31: James Ihedigbo Upset By Brendon Ayanbadejo Marijuana Comments

http://www.baltimore...5c-5363640cec09

You have to give Ihedigbo credit. He was bluntly honest about what will happen this offseason. As much as he would like to be back in Baltimore, he will go to whichever team offers him the most money.

Perfect choice of words for an article primarily about alleged pot usage.

@levineps

#31 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:47 PM

BaltimoreRavens.com: Late For Work 1/31: James Ihedigbo Upset By Brendon Ayanbadejo Marijuana Comments

http://www.baltimore...5c-5363640cec09

You have to give Ihedigbo credit. He was bluntly honest about what will happen this offseason. As much as he would like to be back in Baltimore, he will go to whichever team offers him the most money.

Perfect choice of words for an article primarily about alleged pot usage.
</blockquote>

I see what they did there.
@BSLMikeRandall

#32 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:12 AM

ESPN: MLB has greater parity than NFL

http://espn.go.com/m...ater-parity-nfl

The NFL playoffs, over the last five seasons, have gone their merry way without eight teams -- six of which have never even had a winning record in any of those five years. That would be the Browns, Bills, Jaguars, Raiders and Rams.

Over in baseball, on the other hand, 28 of the 30 teams have had a winning season at least once in the last five years. The only exceptions? The Mets and Astros.

@levineps

#33 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:08 PM

ESPN: MLB has greater parity than NFL

http://espn.go.com/m...ater-parity-nfl

Jayson Stark can't do math.

@DJ_McCann

#34 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:44 AM

Never too early to start thinking about...

CBS Sports: Super Bowl XLIX odds: Seahawks open at 7/1, Broncos at 8/1

http://www.cbssports...1-broncos-at-81

Specifically, the Super Bowl XLIX odds look like this, according to Pregame.com's R.J. Bell:

Seahawks: 7/1
Broncos: 8/1
49ers: 8/1
Patriots: 12/1
Packers: 20/1
Saints: 20/1
Falcons: 25/1
Bengals: 25/1
Panthers: 25/1
Colts: 30/1
Chiefs: 30/1
Eagles: 30/1
Bears: 30/1
Cardinals: 30/1

Some notable omissions: Chargers, Ravens and Steelers.

@levineps

#35 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,522 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:07 PM

The 12 Playoff teams this year were

Seattle
Carolina
Philadelphia
Green Bay

New Orleans

San Francisco

AFC
Denver

New England
Cincinnati

Indianapolis
Kansas City
San Diego

Of these teams (outside of pretty obvious choices imo of Seattle and SF), who do you really like for next year right now when you look ahead?

I think Carolina is very interesting if they can add a play-maker to the offense.

#36 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,522 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:37 PM

ESPN: Early Super Bowl favorites for 2014
http://espn.go.com/n...-favorites-2014

#37 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:05 AM

CBS Sports: Seahawks will host 2014 NFL regular season opener, but against who?

http://www.cbssports...but-against-who

Here are the choices: 49ers, Rams, Cardinals, Cowboys, Giants, Packers, Broncos, Raiders

I think 49ers are the favorite, but Breech thinks the Packers have a slightly better chance. Breech points out that the NFL might want to give the 49ers, the weekend primetime treatment with opening a new stadium. I think it's between one of those two. As pointed out in the article, they can play up the "fail mary" if the Packers are chosen. I don't see a SB rematch, especially after the blowout. Regardless of who they pick, this game will always get a huge audience because so many people are just excited to have regular season NFL back.

And I checked the Mariners are off the Thursday after Labor Day, they have a similar set-up to the Ravens/O's, except I know they had soccer game and Mariners game at the same time.

@levineps

#38 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:38 PM

ESPN: Antonio Cromartie: Pot ban pointless

http://espn.go.com/n...t-ban-do-anyway

"They need to just let it go. We're just going to do it anyway," Cromartie told interviewer Ashlee Ray on Thisis50.com, an entertainment website. "They just need to let it go. They need to go ahead and say, 'Ya'll go ahead, smoke it, do what you need to do.'"

Commissioner Roger Goodell, addressing the issue last Friday at his annual Super Bowl news conference, downplayed the possibility of the league lifting marijuana from its list of banned substances.

"It is still an illegal substance on a national basis," Goodell said. "It's something that is part to the collective bargaining agreement with the players. It is questionable as to the positive impacts, in the face of the very strong evidence of the negative effects, including addictions and other issues. We will continue to follow the medical research. Our experts right now aren't indicating changing our policy in any way. We are not actively considering it."

@levineps

#39 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:49 PM

ESPN: Clark: NFL players going to use pot

http://espn.go.com/n...s-marijuana-use

"I know guys on my team who smoke," Clark said. "And it's not a situation where you think, 'Oh, these are guys trying to be cool.' These are guys who want to do it recreationally.

"A lot of it is stress relief. A lot of it is pain and medication. Guys feel like, 'If I can do this, it keeps me away from maybe Vicodin, it keeps me away from pain prescription drugs and things that guys get addicted to.' Guys look at this as a more natural way to heal themselves, to stress relieve and also to medicate themselves for pain. Guys are still going to do it."

Clark also agreed with recent comments by New York Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie, who suggested the league is waging a lost cause in banning the substance, while also saying the league's testing system isn't all that effective.

"It's 100 percent true. They're fighting a losing battle. The testing isn't stringent," Clark said. "There is one random test during OTAs and minicamps during the offseason, and everybody will be tested early in training camp. After that, there are no more tests. So guys understand the ways to get around failing a drug test."

@levineps

#40 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:02 PM

Do these players realize how stupid it is to come out and basically admit to using marijuana when the league is no where close to allowing it?
  • Mike in STL likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=