4261 replies to this topic

#4101 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 16 October 2022 - 11:19 AM

Halloween Ends sucked. Story made no sense, didn’t even feel like a Halloween movie.

I think every “1st” iteration of Halloween is great. almost every one after, sucks. 1978, classic. Rob Zombies, I like his vision for a reboot of the original, though his writing is horrendous. But his second might be the worst of the whole franchise. 2018 was also a solid reboot, and for being a sequel to 1978, was really good at that and 10x better than the first Halloween II. But Kills and Ends are terrible.

I know some like Halloween 4, it’s meh. I actually like Halloween 3, but it should just be called Season of the Witch, and not carry the “Halloween” title. But Halloween was supposed to be an anthology series, so I get it. Stand alone it’s a good horror flick.

H20 felt like it was a reaction to the success of Scream. Not good, but back to its slasher roots.

Everything else is just bad
@BSLMikeRandall

#4102 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 16 October 2022 - 03:40 PM

Haven’t seen Ends yet. But my favorite films in the series are the original and the original Part II. H4 is good.

i enjoyed 2018 Halloween and Kills but these don’t really feel like Halloween movies like you said. 

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#4103 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 16 October 2022 - 05:07 PM

Haven’t seen Ends yet. But my favorite films in the series are the original and the original Part II. H4 is good.

i enjoyed 2018 Halloween and Kills but these don’t really feel like Halloween movies like you said.

It probably goes for me

Halloween 1978
RZ Halloween
Halloween 2018
H20
Kills
Ends
Resurrection
RZ II
@BSLMikeRandall

#4104 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 16 October 2022 - 06:46 PM

Halloween 78

Halloween II 81

Halloween 4

Halloween 2018

Halloween Kills

H20

Halloween 2007

Halloween 6

Halloween Resurrection

Halloween II 2009

Halloween 5

• Mike in STL likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#4105 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 18 October 2022 - 06:50 AM

That's a lot of Halloweens
@DaKittenz

#4106 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,936 posts

Posted 18 October 2022 - 07:37 AM

Apparently there's a sequel to A Christmas Story coming to HBO Max next month, with a lot of the original cast.

#4107 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 19 October 2022 - 06:01 AM

I wouldn’t say Ends sucked, but it definitely felt off. I think it could have worked if it was actually the second installment and the third was strictly about the Laurie/Michael showdown. Because Kills was a useless movie that did and said nothing. I liked it because of some good set pieces but overall it is the Phantom Menace of Halloween movies. 

#4108 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,731 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 19 October 2022 - 06:04 AM

Apparently there's a sequel to A Christmas Story coming to HBO Max next month, with a lot of the original cast.

Is this something we need?  Is this going to be an good, don't ruin the good feelings of the first one please.

#4109 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 19 October 2022 - 06:07 AM

Creed III looks good. Jonathan Majors looks JACKED. 

• JeremyStrain and BobPhelan like this

#4110 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 19 October 2022 - 11:22 AM

And we cant talk Halloween, without mention Chucky. :)

#4111 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 22 October 2022 - 08:08 PM

And we cant talk Halloween, without mention Chucky. :)

I’m pretty sure Childs Play 2 was the first horror movie I ever saw. I was probably, 7 years old ish? I remember at some point taping part 3 off TV and watching it like 100 times. It wasn’t til much later that I ever saw the original, then I was old enough to rent Bride, Seed, etc…

My cousins had the most random 3 horror VHS tapes. Chucky 2. And Freddy 2 and 4. At my grandmas she had the 1990 IT. Double VHS. I’m pretty sure I wore that tape out when I’d stay over there.
  • Old Man likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#4112 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 23 October 2022 - 06:43 AM

I never saw Seed, but Child's Play is a horror franchise that never really bombed out. Part III was lame but Bride was fun. The recent films have been solid too. 

#4113 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,574 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 23 October 2022 - 07:55 AM

Apparently the tv show is pretty good too.

#4114 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 29 October 2022 - 07:28 PM

3000 of Longing was fascinating.  I loved the first half, and while good the second was very different.

#4115 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 25 December 2022 - 10:42 PM

Glass Onion was fantastic.  I thought Knives Out was better, but I hope they make more.

• BobPhelan, Mashed Potatoes, Mike in STL and 2 others like this

#4116 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 26 December 2022 - 06:24 PM

Glass Onion was fantastic.  I thought Knives Out was better, but I hope they make more.

Definitely enjoyed it, glad I saved it for Jewish Christmas instead of going during Thanksgiving

she/her

#4117 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 27 December 2022 - 06:17 AM

Glass Onion was fantastic. I thought Knives Out was better, but I hope they make more.

It was fun. I think Act 3 was an hour long though. Some of the events in the end are telegraphed. Fun though.
  • Mashed Potatoes likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#4118 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 27 December 2022 - 06:31 AM

Knives Out was on cable last night, watched it again and cant believe how much I missed the first time around.

#4119 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 27 December 2022 - 07:15 AM

Yeah Glass Onion was good. A little hokey. But way too predictable. Still, a fun time.  

I also watched The Northman. Good but brutal. Could’ve been better but I liked the angle it was going for. 

#4120 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,574 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 27 December 2022 - 09:37 AM

Watched Glass Onion on christmas night and my daughter got real into it so we watched the first one last night and she liked that one even more (me too). Fun series tho.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=