4263 replies to this topic

#4081 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,946 posts

Posted 30 March 2022 - 03:38 PM

Supposedly Demi Moore made fun of his terrible memory at a roast in 2018, and he was fired from some Woody Allen movie in like 2015 for not being to remember his lines, so this has likely been progressing for a while.  If you look at his IMDB, he's been in a huge amount of lousy movies in the past couple of years, maybe because he was trying to make as much money as he could while he was still able to work, while at the same time being too risky for any major studio to employ.

#4082 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,561 posts

Posted 30 March 2022 - 05:03 PM

That was my thought as well about the DTV movies he was making. He wanted to cram in what he could before he wasn’t able to work anymore. 

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#4083 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 09:20 AM

We have a date! Finally, May 27th!

• NewMarketSean likes this

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#4084 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 09:59 AM

Supposedly Demi Moore made fun of his terrible memory at a roast in 2018, and he was fired from some Woody Allen movie in like 2015 for not being to remember his lines, so this has likely been progressing for a while.  If you look at his IMDB, he's been in a huge amount of lousy movies in the past couple of years, maybe because he was trying to make as much money as he could while he was still able to work, while at the same time being too risky for any major studio to employ.

His net worth is in the neighborhood of 250 million, since he has had some major blockbuster hits.

So if he never makes another penny, he should be just fine.

Shame that it has happened. But, better than 6 foot under, cuz he snooted coke or injected heroin and OD.

At least he can still enjoy his family.

#4085 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 02 April 2022 - 07:52 PM

If we're being honest, Bruce Willis' last good movie was Moonrise Kingdom 10 years ago.  Still, that sucks to lose your mind like that.

#4086 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 03 April 2022 - 11:23 AM

Bruce Willis had a movie called Hart's War (2002) and it stunk, even for a WWII enthusiast like me. It was a WWII prisoner of war camp based on the novel by John Katzenbach. And the overall general public thought so as well. The box office for it was $33.1m worldwide  on a budget of $70m.

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#4087 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,946 posts

Posted 04 April 2022 - 10:01 AM

If we're being honest, Bruce Willis' last good movie was Moonrise Kingdom 10 years ago.  Still, that sucks to lose your mind like that.

Yeah, I wonder how long Aphasia has been affecting him.  He was fired from a Woody Allen movie in 2015 for not being able to remember his lines, so it's been a least that long.  

#4088 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 04 April 2022 - 10:15 AM

Yeah, I wonder how long Aphasia has been affecting him.  He was fired from a Woody Allen movie in 2015 for not being able to remember his lines, so it's been a least that long.  

Willis has a history of being hard to direct in movies.

Was replaced more than once.

#4089 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 15 April 2022 - 12:32 AM

https://m.imdb.com/t...m_nm_knf_act_i1

Who saw this? I need to discuss with someone

@fuzydunlop

#4090 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 15 April 2022 - 12:55 PM

https://m.imdb.com/t...m_nm_knf_act_i1

Who saw this? I need to discuss with someone

On my to watch list, you recommend?
@DaKittenz

#4091 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 15 April 2022 - 01:16 PM

Highly
  • Mashed Potatoes likes this

@fuzydunlop

#4092 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 18 April 2022 - 07:54 PM

I enjoyed The Batman quite a bit.  It lacks the entertainment factor of the Nolan movies, but I think it succeeded in trying to tell a more nuanced story while still giving you enough Batman.  I didn't hate Pattinson in the role.

#4093 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,742 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 21 April 2022 - 12:13 PM

Just finished watching The Batman, very good.  Maybe a tad too long, but my initial take is that it's the 2nd best Batman movie.

• BobPhelan likes this

#4094 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 05 May 2022 - 10:58 PM

Multiverse of Madness is a bit of a mess.  It's OK; not one of the better Marvel movies.

#4095 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 20 August 2022 - 07:13 PM

Prey is the best Predator movie, and it's not even close.  I can't believe that got dumped as just a Hulu release.  What were they thinking!?

#4096 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,742 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 15 September 2022 - 12:57 PM

Finished Thor:  Love and Thunder,  I haven't seen every phase 4 movie, but of the ones I've seen it's my #1

#4097 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 12:55 AM

I think Spiderhead got a lot of bad reviews. But if you like Black Mirror, it’s right up that alley. I liked it.
@BSLMikeRandall

#4098 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 09:01 PM

Finished Thor:  Love and Thunder,  I haven't seen every phase 4 movie, but of the ones I've seen it's my #1

I feel like it tried to do too much in one movie.  It has a lot of good points, but the finished product never quite gels for me.  Thor feels like more of a bystander in it, and it takes his character backwards/does nothing with him versus the development he had even in the lesser Thor movies.

#4099 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 02:21 PM

Finished Thor: Love and Thunder, I haven't seen every phase 4 movie, but of the ones I've seen it's my #1

Ambitious and interesting, mediocre first half, legitimately moving second half.
@DaKittenz

#4100 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,742 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 27 September 2022 - 07:47 PM

Jackman is going to play Wolverine one more time for Deadpool 3!!! That could be fun
  • Dupin likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=