#21 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:38 AM

Went to Riptide on the Bay Monday night. Talk about smoking hot bartenders.

Awesome, laid back place with good food. Crabcake burger was amazing.

Hadn't heard of this place...It looks good.

Do they have any outside seating?

#22 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:38 AM

Just went to Townhouse Kitchen and Grill a few weeks..its right where Pazos and RA Sushi are.

Good food, good service and really good atmosphere.

#23 MKlein76

MKlein76

Sports Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • LocationGlen Burnie, MD

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

I am looking forward to trying McFaul's Ironhorse Tavern at Sanders Corner. It's supposed to open June 29th. My former co-worker is one of the owners (he quit to open this restaurant). They have put a lot of time and money into this place.

Here's a piece from from the Baltimore Sun:
http://www.baltimore...0,1459105.story
@MKlein76

#24 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,560 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:44 AM

Hadn't heard of this place...It looks good.

Do they have any outside seating?

Yeah they have some tables out front.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#25 KRL224

KRL224
  • Members
  • 495 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:47 AM

I am looking forward to trying McFaul's Ironhorse Tavern at Sanders Corner. It's supposed to open June 29th. My former co-worker is one of the owners (he quit to open this restaurant). They have put a lot of time and money into this place.

Here's a piece from from the Baltimore Sun:
http://www.baltimore...0,1459105.story

Damn, I had no idea Sanders Corner had closed.
@KRL224

#26 JHTerp01

JHTerp01
  • Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:47 PM

Just went to Townhouse Kitchen and Grill a few weeks..its right where Pazos and RA Sushi are.

Good food, good service and really good atmosphere.

I'll second this. The interior is awesome and they have a great beer selection. We had the kung pao shrimp tacos and loved them so much that we googled recipes until we found one that was similar. They came out great. I have the recipe bookmarked if anyone wants the link.

#27 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,560 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:57 PM

Walked by Townhouse while it was under construction for what seems like an eternity. Glad to hear it was worth the wait.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#28 JHTerp01

JHTerp01
  • Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:02 PM

Walked by Townhouse while it was under construction for what seems like an eternity. Glad to hear it was worth the wait.

Sean, did you make it into Mealey’s during the 2 months they were actually opened? We did and enjoyed it, although at $165 for two people for two people I couldn’t see people eating there enough to keep it viable. When it reopens I have a feeling it’s going to be very similar to Morgan’s. Strange situation all around.

#smalltownproblemsnobodyelsecaresabout

#29 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,560 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:45 AM

No we never went. We were meaning to, since we can walk there, but we never made it. I heard it was very expensive and the service was spotty. I am glad they are reopening as a more traditional Mealey's restaurant since that is what the town can support but I wonder if the brand was gone for too long and people moved on. The town of New Market itself is a shell of what it used to be so people aren't going to make Mealey's a destination like they used to and spend a few hours walking around the town since most stores are closed.

#30 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,362 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:22 AM

Ate at Thames Street Oyster Bar on Friday night. Awesome lobster roll. Wife got the scallops and loved the risotto it came with. Ranked #2 on TripAdvisor for Baltimore restaurants. Well deserved.

I'll be eating there next week. Looking forward to it.

#31 KRL224

KRL224
  • Members
  • 495 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:24 PM

Has anyone tried out Of Love and Regret yet? They just opened up a few weeks ago where Natty Boh Lounge used to be, right at the base of the tower in Canton. I'm more interested in going to sample the abundance of Stillwater Artisinal brews they have on tap, but the menu looks pretty delicious as well.

Draft list: http://www.ofloveand..._collection.pdf

I think I'm gonna head there tomorrow night for dinner, will report back.

Tried to go tonight but the line was still back to the door at 8:30. Not an empty seat in the house. Disappointed I didn't get to try the grilled duck tongue.
@KRL224

#32 KRL224

KRL224
  • Members
  • 495 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:18 PM

Looking forward to trying a new place opening up in Hampden this coming week, Birroteca. It's backed by the same people that run Evo's Public House in Salisbury, and will have 24 craft beers on tap. Have a reservation on Monday for their friends and family soft-opening.

http://www.baltimore...restaurant-here
@KRL224

#33 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,123 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

Baltimore Restaurant Week Jan 25 - Feb 3rd
http://www.baltimore...aurantweek.com/

#34 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,560 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

I might use BRW to go to Cazbar. It's always ranked among the top restaurants in Baltimore and I like Turkish food.

Also going to DC Coast for Washington's restaurant week which is Feb 3-10.

#35 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

Ate at Thames Street Oyster Bar on Friday night. Awesome lobster roll. Wife got the scallops and loved the risotto it came with. Ranked #2 on TripAdvisor for Baltimore restaurants. Well deserved.

Went there tonight..Lobster roll was really good.

Everything was good but I would say my only issue is that you don't get a lot for your money food wise.

#36 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

Went to Flemings tonight.

Good food, good service but overpriced.

Definitely put Capitol Grille, Sullivan's and Thames Oyster House ahead of it.

#37 KRL224

KRL224
  • Members
  • 495 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

Find myself coming back to Hamilton Tavern more and more. The burger is just too damn good, and the Monday burger night is great.

Special last week was a Bulgogi burger. The standard crosstown burger, which is amazing on its own, topped with Korean BBQ Bulgogi, tempura fried green beans, and siracha sauce.

Tonight is the Jersey shore burger. Topped with hot Italian sausage, pepper and onions, marinara and Parmesan.

On top of that, the beer selection is pretty damn good, and though limited is consistently rotated.

Only draw back is that there are no TVs, though I wouldn't always consider that a negative. Can't recommend this place enough.
@KRL224

#38 KRL224

KRL224
  • Members
  • 495 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

Also tonight, bacon and blue cheese fritters with buffalo sour cream sauce. Just ridiculous.
@KRL224

#39 tennOsfan

tennOsfan

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationJonesborough, TN

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

For Game 2 of the ALDS last year, we visited Thames Oyster House on a tip from a message board that will not be named. Anyway, I had an awesome scallop dish. Wife enjoyed her crab cake entree. The crab soup we had was so-so. My friend order the deep-fried clam cakes, a big bag of them, and I thought they were quite a value.

We enjoyed the meal. It was he first time I'd been to Fells Point, and we were very pleased with how cool that area was.

#40 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,362 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:51 PM

Thames Street Oyster House is very good.
  • Mackus likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=