280 replies to this topic

#141 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,604 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 10:59 PM

Yeah it wasn't that bad. Not exactly great either but premieres usually aren't.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#142 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,883 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:16 AM

I'm just a bit confused as to what people expect from this show anymore.  The writing is awesome to moderately-awesome to any other shows on network TV right now.  I've enjoyed every episode of every season no matter how "boring" or whatever other negative adjective you want to use.  I'm glad I look through goo-covered walker glasses.

• Markus likes this
I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#143 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:05 AM

Daddy liked episode 2 of this season.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#144 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,604 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:54 AM

Very good episode. When the shit first went down I was like WTF?

I love it when Carol goes all badass. Starting to get annoyed with Morgan's holier than thou BS.

Very interested find out more about the wolves....but we get it, the people in Alexandria aren't ready for life outside the walls.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#145 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,889 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 11:42 AM

Second episode way better than the first episode.

I know they can't do stuff like this every week, but it's so much better when it's focused on one threat, preferably human.

And when they just show characters wrestling with their own emotions about how they can continue living in a world like this it works so much better than when they have them talk about the same thing.  The differences in approach between Morgan and Carol told you so much more about both than the long-winded conversations between Rick and Morgan did last week.

#146 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,511 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 October 2015 - 11:51 AM

Most overrated show of the past several years, IMO. No plot advancement... incredibly redundant season-to-season. Yawn.

#147 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,889 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:01 PM

Yeah the writing and storylines are typically terrible and at best repetitive.

But...zombies with Hollywood-quality makeup and practical gore effects.  I'll forgive a lot and still be entertained.

#148 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,511 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:09 PM

That's fair. I get it.

#149 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,604 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:55 PM

Most overrated show of the past several years, IMO. No plot advancement... incredibly redundant season-to-season. Yawn.

Have you made it past season 2? That's where I almost bailed.

It does have its slouchers but the first 2 episodes of this season have been anything but that.

Now Fear the Walking Dead...that's where I agree.

#150 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,889 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:58 PM

It does have its slouchers but the first 2 episodes of this season have been anything but that.

First episode was a sloucher, IMO, besides having a massively impressive quantity of extras hired to play zombies.

#151 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,889 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 09:14 PM

Woah...

#152 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 09:15 PM

Welp

#153 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 09:20 PM

Didn't see that coming.

#154 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,889 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 09:29 PM

Didn't see that coming.

As soon as he called him "dumbass" I knew it was over. Still, I felt something when it happened.

They still have a handful of characters whose deaths in and of themselves would make for a major moment. They need to do a better job of creating more of characters we feel that way about. They've done a good job of not cashing in too many of those chips too quickly. When they get in trouble is when it's someone we don't really care about, like Beth, or it isn't for anything, like Tyreese.

#155 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 09:31 PM

Maybe it's just me, but at the end there, that seemed like a good distraction to buy some time to make a last second escape. Instead, goes down with em. What the hell?

#156 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,889 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 09:35 PM

I don't think Glenn chose to go down. Once he shot himself and flopped down, he took Glenn with him. Maybe could've been filmed more clearly, but I thought the blood splatter on Glenn face as the sound went quiet was pretty powerful. Didn't waste any time after that point with "how's he gonna get outta this one" stuff.

#157 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 09:49 PM

I don't think Glenn chose to go down. Once he shot himself and flopped down, he took Glenn with him. Maybe could've been filmed more clearly, but I thought the blood splatter on Glenn face as the sound went quiet was pretty powerful. Didn't waste any time after that point with "how's he gonna get outta this one" stuff.

Fair enough. It almost looked to me like he tried to grab him, but that wouldn't make much sense unless it was prior to the shot.

I was on another board earlier were multiple people were jumping on this "he might still be alive" theory. It was mind boggling. That was about as straightforward as it gets.

#158 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 10:02 PM

<insert sad denial here>

He's alive.

#159 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,604 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 10:06 PM

So...was it just me or was Rick bitten on the hand?

#160 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 10:25 PM

So...was it just me or was Rick bitten on the hand?

Nah. I think he cut himself on the one knife that broke off in the head of one of the walkers he came upon in the middle of the road there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=