• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

#221 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 08 April 2016 - 02:45 PM

I don't think they've decided who yet. I think they bought themselves some time by using the cheap cliffhanger, but my guess is they wanted to lay out the next storyline, see if any more deaths made sense, and then make the call during the break. That being said I think they've got it narrowed down to a couple key people, cause it just wouldn't have the same impact if Eugene died as say Daryl, Glenn or Maggie.

@JeremyMStrain

#222 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 02:50 PM

Yahoo had a comic book spoiler right on their homepage for all to see with no warning.

********'s Death in The Walking Dead Comic Books is More Disgusting Than You Could Possibly Imagine

A few spoilers below!   Tread lightly!  The Walking Dead writers chose to end their season six finale with a massive, frustrating cliffhanger that deprived...

Spoiler - screenshot

¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#223 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 08 April 2016 - 03:01 PM

There are some hints. First he says while hitting the person. "Look at HIM he is taking it like a champ". So that to me would mean no women. Second the placement makes me believe it was someone on the end. Third will they even be dead? Go back and listen to his speech. He says he is not and does not want to kill any of them but one of them will meet Lucille. So will he just batter one to near death?

I think another "hint" was the like 2-3 times they showed the first-person perspective from what is thought to be inside the van which would narrow it down to Glenn, Michonne, Rosita, and Daryl. Now obviously it wouldn't be Rosita because no way her death would justify the cliffhanger (hell, you can lump Eugene and Abraham into here too).

And if you do factor in Negan saying 'him' that'd leave it at it being either Daryl or Glenn.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#224 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 08 April 2016 - 03:04 PM

I feel very confident that Daryl is too popular to be killed. This isn't GoT. And it would be super lame to have that fake Glenn death only to do him in at the end of the season. Also, if it were Glenn, Maggie would be shrieking and I didn't hear that.

I won't completely rule out Michonne. I didn't hear "him."

#225 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 08 April 2016 - 03:13 PM

In the comic book, it's a pretty damn cool part (and extremely gruesome, which makes it even cooler).

I think they'll actually "follow through" with what they said in the comic book, wailing and gnashing of teeth be damned.

#226 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 08 April 2016 - 03:22 PM

I feel very confident that Daryl is too popular to be killed. This isn't GoT. And it would be super lame to have that fake Glenn death only to do him in at the end of the season. Also, if it were Glenn, Maggie would be shrieking and I didn't hear that.

Yeah I just went back and rewatched the end there and all I could make out was "Look at that.......Taking it like a champ" without any 'him' or 'her' in there.

• Icterus galbula likes this

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#227 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 01:19 PM

After the ending. They almost pigeonholed themselves into making it either Glen or Daryl. If they build to that scene all season, and leave it incomplete. Then cop out and make it even less significant, it would do more harm than just wacking Daryl or Glen off. 

If karma exists. I hope it turns Gimples sex life into what he's done with this show. A ton of build up, a bunch of BS in the middle, with no payoff at the end...

#228 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:19 AM

The Ringer: ‘The Walking Dead’ Can’t Win

#229 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,243 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 23 October 2016 - 08:30 PM

Mother dick.

#230 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 08:48 PM

I like this Negan guy. He's a cool cat.
  • Markus likes this

#231 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 08:56 PM

Wife is a fan. I hate watch. I'll refrain from posting further for you actual fans.

#232 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,243 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 23 October 2016 - 08:56 PM

Wife is a fan. I hate watch. I'll refrain from posting further for you actual fans.

Haha I do too

#233 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 09:07 PM

It's just not a very good show. The same crap is gonna happen over and over again until the viewership fades and they are forced to mercifully bring it to an end.

#234 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,998 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 09:07 PM

Well, not a total cop out. 2nd one actually surprised me a bit (that there were 2, not 1). Probably should've expected it.

#235 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,998 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 09:08 PM

It's just not a very good show.

Oh, no, of course not. Still, I like zombies. I need to catch up on the spinoff.

#236 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 09:12 PM

I could hack it if they were actually driving towards a conclusion.

#237 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,243 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 23 October 2016 - 09:13 PM

Lol that commentary actress talking about this reverberating through future seasons (mentioned season 10). Oy vey. But seriously, I will never understand the point of the Glenn death fake out.

#238 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,998 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 09:17 PM

You mean in the middle of last season? Yeah that was terrible. Maybe a bit of a "make up call" with tonight's premiere.

#239 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 24 October 2016 - 01:32 AM

So lame how they "resolved" Glenn. I was surprised he was the #2, but any emotion I had towards him dying was already sucked away.

#240 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 24 October 2016 - 01:37 AM

Rick actually being forced to cut Carl's arm off would have been something. Instead it's one of the two characters I deduced and one who had basically died on screen already.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=