• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

#201 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,243 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 01 March 2016 - 11:47 AM

So I'm all caught up. Looking forward to seeing the "new world" where it seems like there might be trading involved between different factions.

#202 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,883 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 06 March 2016 - 05:38 PM

So I'm all caught up. Looking forward to seeing the "new world" where it seems like there might be trading involved between different factions.

Yeah...can't wait.....

Negan-Lucille.png

I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#203 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,666 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 09:26 AM

Well, he's coming next week.

A pretty weak episode that culminated in a shocking cliffhanger but I wish there was more to this show than people making dumb decisions to go outside of Alexandria and putting others at risk.

Still, this is probably the best the show has ever been. There's a real danger hanging over the show that it hasn't had before, despite a willingness to kill any character at any moment.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#204 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,666 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:10 AM

Pretty weak finale overall, last ten minutes were good although Neegan's speech went on a little too long.

I believe a more minor character met Lucille. My money is on Eugene, Abraham or Rosita.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#205 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:34 AM

I'm done with this BS. Will watch the rest once it's over. Maybe.

#206 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,666 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:40 AM

Yeah the ending was a cop out. You've been teasing Negan for a season, faking out the audience with Glen's fake death, and now you can't even show us who gets it? Lame.

I'll stick with the show. I don't expect Shakespeare and I can deal with cliffhangers -- I'm not so into the show where it's going to torture me until October.

#207 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:18 PM

I'm done with this BS. Will watch the rest once it's over. Maybe.

What blows my mind is that I really feel like Gimple thought this was going to be some kind of revolutionary ending that went down in history as one of the best ever and had everyone saying how awesome it was. How out of touch with the fan base do you have to be to end the season like that ? 

Just frustrating watching these show runners and writers completely butcher a great comic. And Kirkman just stands by and lets them do it.

Really makes me appreciate George R. Martin and how Wiess and Benioff have handled Game of Thrones.

#208 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 08:21 AM

How much have they actually changed from the comics?? To this point.  At least big things. I dont know anything about the comics, but I do know who Negan kills at this point in the comics. Is there any reason to believe they will go a different path. 

#209 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 06 April 2016 - 11:16 AM

Abraham or Eugene is my guess. Both had moments of stoicism in the episode, and I think the tone of screaming reactions at the end can eliminate a number of characters. Rosita and (edit: Aaron) also wouldn't be a big enough impact. 

#210 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,998 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 11:50 AM

I bet it's Aaron or Rosita, just because that would obviously be the dumbest choice the show can make and they seem to constantly make that dumb choice.

But, I'll be there to watch it and whatever comes after.  Because zombies.  Glad this show is free :)

#211 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,666 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 01:12 PM

I fully expect the premiere episode -- or a good 3 or 4 of them -- to be all about what is happening back at Alexandria, or better yet, Heath and Tara's supply run, before we finally find out who dies around the mid-season finale.

#212 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 06:31 PM

How much have they actually changed from the comics?? To this point.  At least big things. I dont know anything about the comics, but I do know who Negan kills at this point in the comics. Is there any reason to believe they will go a different path. 

The short answer, a lot. And most of it either, are not good changes, or pointless changes. For example, in the comics, Andrea is a fan favorite, and my personal favorite character from the comic. She's also still alive, in a relationship with Rick, and a complete badass. And Carol is dead. She's a weak minded fragile woman that mentally breaks and commits suicide by walking into a zombie instead of trying to survive in the world. Gimple completely destroyed Andrea's character. Made her weak minded and codependent and a bit of an idiot. Whereas in the comics she's the complete opposite. And they for whatever reason decided to split her one character into two by keeping Sasha alive (she's killed in the comics as well by her boyfriend in a botched co-suicide pact with her boyfriend) and making her the deadshot sniper, and having Carol take over has her strong minded killing machine badass. They also destroyed Tyrese as a character as well. In the comics he's a former NFL football player that is with the group from the beginning and is Ricks right hand man. He also is more than able to handle himself. Until the Governor cuts his head off at the prison. (Herschel takes his place in the show)

Honestly, they've deviated so much from the comics. Gimple is so worried about people knowing what is coming that he changes stupid crap instead of sticking to a great source material. All because he wants to trick the audience, or make some big splash that will make him look like a genius. When all he is doing is destroying the source material. I honestly can't think of one change he's made where I can say it was for the better. In the end, as I've said, it's barely the same other than locales, and characters here and there.

As I said, some people know what they're doing, like Wiess and Benoiff. They know they have a perfect source material, and only make changes that have to be made for a TV show that has to be fit into 10 hours. They've made some questionable changes, but other than a misstep here or there, they've handled the adaption near flawlessly. 

I can't stand Gimple any more. He's an idiot. Rant over.

• Markus likes this

#213 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 07 April 2016 - 11:59 AM

FWIW, Gimple wasn't the showrunner until season...4, maybe? So blaming him for things like The Governor or Andrea or Carol really aren't fair.

Negan, however (I haven't seen the finale, btw) would be completely on him.

• Biggsy likes this

#214 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 07 April 2016 - 12:01 PM

BTW, like I said, I haven't seen Negan yet, but the fact that I haven't heard anyone say, "HOW CAN THEY ALLOW THAT LANGUAGE ON NORMAL CABLE TELEVISION?!?!? THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!11!" leads me to believe that they've neutered him as a character.

#215 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,666 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:18 PM

BTW, like I said, I haven't seen Negan yet, but the fact that I haven't heard anyone say, "HOW CAN THEY ALLOW THAT LANGUAGE ON NORMAL CABLE TELEVISION?!?!? THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!11!" leads me to believe that they've neutered him as a character.

Pretty sure there were two S-bombs.

For a show that shows people getting torn limb from limb and have their intestines eaten ON A REGULAR BASIS I think it's hilarious they can't drop a few F-bombs now and then.

'Murica.

#216 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 04:13 PM

FWIW, Gimple wasn't the showrunner until season...4, maybe? So blaming him for things like The Governor or Andrea or Carol really aren't fair.

Negan, however (I haven't seen the finale, btw) would be completely on him.

Fair enough. I have no complaints on Negan... so far. I actually think his introduction was handled really well. But to build him up, set up this perfect scene. Have every actor and actress involved completely nail it, and then not give the pay off at the end. It was selfish on Gimple's part. All he had to do was end it correctly. If he just ends it with a gory reveal and gives the fans what they want, he would be getting all of the praise he thought he'd be getting by doing what he did instead. 

• Icterus galbula likes this

#217 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 07 April 2016 - 05:02 PM

I can't stand Gimple any more. He's an idiot. Rant over.

Granted I've never met the dude and only know of him what I've seen on Talking Dead but he just has this pretentious-douche quality about him.

As for the finale, overall I thought it was a pretty good episode and did a good job of showing how over-confident Rick and Co. had become and how they bit off more than they could chew.

Am I as up in arms about the cliffhanger as some people?  No, (I'll forget about this soon enough when I get into season 2 of Bosch or whatever else until October).............but seriously, fuck Kirkman, Nicotero, and Gimple for that bullshit at the end.  All of them (plus Hardwick on TD) giving bullshit excuses (either on TD or in interviews) about how the cliffhanger is awesome and cool and closes the chapter on one story and so next season can open another story.  Blah blah blah.  Stop feeding some of us bullshit and telling us how we should view the finale.  They could've gone all GoT/Red Wedding but instead they bullshitted out.

Plus, it's not like this show even needs to pull that gimmicky stuff anyway.  Hoards of people are still gonna tune in next October so why the ruse?  And, they already had like 3 or so cliffhangers just this season alone (the fake Glenn death, Daryl getting shot, etc.) so they need to stop going back to that cliched-well or they need someone in production to actually say, "Uh, maybe we shouldn't do another cliffhanger guys" to these pompous ass-clowns.

My guess is that it's either Michonne or Glenn that gets offed.  Anyone else (sans Daryl) and it certainly won't live up to the hype or cliffhanger and then they'll have a real shitstorm on their hands.

I will say, I am looking forward to more JDM and Negan.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#218 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,666 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 06:08 AM

No way it's Michonne. It's Eugene, Abe, or Glenn. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#219 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,102 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 08 April 2016 - 02:00 PM

There are some hints.  First he says while hitting the person.  "Look at HIM he is taking it like a champ".  So that to me would mean no women.  Second the placement makes me believe it was someone on the end.  Third will they even be dead?  Go back and listen to his speech.  He says he is not and does not want to kill any of them but one of them will meet Lucille.  So will he just batter one to near death?

<p>I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#220 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,666 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 02:25 PM

There are some hints.  First he says while hitting the person.  "Look at HIM he is taking it like a champ".  So that to me would mean no women.  Second the placement makes me believe it was someone on the end.  Third will they even be dead?  Go back and listen to his speech.  He says he is not and does not want to kill any of them but one of them will meet Lucille.  So will he just batter one to near death?

Does he say "him"?

I do believe it is a male, so that wouldn't surprise me anyway.

And no way the person survives....he gave them a good 6 or so whacks. They dead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=