• Please log in to reply
513 replies to this topic

#421 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:48 AM

What Manny has over Hardy in terms of speed and arm strength he gives back in flashiness and being cute.

• BSLSteveBirrer likes this
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#422 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,003 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 09:00 AM

I don't think that Manny is better than Hardy right now.  I do think Manny is very good over there and will be somebody's SS in 2019 if not sooner.  He's absolutely capable of being a fulltime SS and one of the better defensive ones around, IMO.

#423 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,327 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 09:17 PM

MASN: Hardy getting close

http://www.masnsport...e-and-more.html

#424 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,003 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:54 PM

Rehabbing tonight in Bowie!

Hopefully he only needs 3-4 games and is back sometime this weekend.  Seems fairly likely that he'll be back before Manny has to go on his suspension, which will be nice.  Would suck having Janish and Flaherty playing together on the left side.

• CA-ORIOLE, BSLSteveBirrer and Stringer Bell like this

#425 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,752 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 17 June 2016 - 10:45 AM

Any word if Hardy is going to be in the lineup tonight?

#426 aurelius

aurelius
  • Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 09:01 AM

How's Hardy looking to you all?

#427 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 July 2016 - 09:11 AM

Old.

#428 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Posted 04 July 2016 - 11:42 AM

He wasn't running well yesterday. That's for sure.

#429 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,327 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:52 AM

Homers in 2 of the last 3 games, OPS climbs up over .700.

Current 9 game hitting streak, which also includes 4 doubles.

#430 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,327 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 09:24 PM

2 more homers for JJ.

#431 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Posted 18 August 2016 - 10:03 PM

Nice to see JJ playing well. OPS up to .743.

#432 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 August 2016 - 05:41 AM

Nice to see JJ playing well. OPS up to .743.

As shocking a stat as anything on the team IMO.

Now, I think it helps that he missed a lot of time but still, that's a very surprising number.

#433 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:35 AM

Not that surprising at all. Could see in ST he was back to driving the baseball.

#434 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,327 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:59 AM

Agree with BN...no surprise imo.

Do agree (and have made same point) that Rob did...the time on DL a bit of blessing. He is fresh.

#435 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:11 AM

Hardy has had a sub 700 OPS in 3 of the last 4 years, including a sub 600 last year.

He's getting older and has had injury issues the last few years and those injury issues have been relatively major.

So yea, I think it's pretty surprising no matter how he looked 5 months ago. It's still a grind of the season that will wear a guy down, especially an aging MIer coming off back and shoulder issues.

I do feel he isn't close to where he was with the time off though. I said in the offseason that Buck had to rest him
a lot more for us to get the most out of him.

Now, the injury made him rest him and that was likely a blessing in disguise but I'm still shocked at the level of production we have seen from him.

#436 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,327 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:25 AM

Hardy has had a sub 700 OPS in 3 of the last 4 years, including a sub 600 last year.

He's getting older and has had injury issues the last few years and those injury issues have been relatively major.

So yea, I think it's pretty surprising no matter how he looked 5 months ago. It's still a grind of the season that will wear a guy down, especially an aging MIer coming off back and shoulder issues.

I do feel he isn't close to where he was with the time off though. I said in the offseason that Buck had to rest him
a lot more for us to get the most out of him.

Now, the injury made him rest him and that was likely a blessing in disguise but I'm still shocked at the level of production we have seen from him.

He had a torn labrum last year.  He was clearly limited physically.  He was no longer physically impaired when ST arrived.

He's a .722 OPS guy for his career....   him being at .671 in '12, .739 in '13, .681 in '14, or .743 here in '16 is all in the range I would expect.

The only outlier was last year.

Do expect the OPS to come down a bit though.

#437 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:52 AM

He had a torn labrum last year. He was clearly limited physically. He was no longer physically impaired when ST arrived.

He's a .722 OPS guy for his career.... him being at .671 in '12, .739 in '13, .681 in '14, or .743 here in '16 is all in the range I would expect.

Right. Last year was the outlier and its clear the injury had sapped him. .740 might be a bit surprising. In particular, the batting avg. Always expected a resurgence back to around the .700 OPS level. Never thought he was washed up.

#438 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:56 AM

He had a torn labrum last year. He was clearly limited physically. He was no longer physically impaired when ST arrived.

He's a .722 OPS guy for his career.... him being at .671 in '12, .739 in '13, .681 in '14, or .743 here in '16 is all in the range I would expect.

Sure, the injuries last year were a big issue. Of course, this is another aspect of things being surprising..the fact that these injury issues haven't cropped up this year. Usually, that isn't the case for middle IFers at his age.

What he has done in his career matters little at this stage in his career. He used to be one of the best offensive SS in baseball. The fact you can say that about JJ 6+ years ago means little to a player of his age.

And you just said, you would expect him to be in that range is true...sure, something in the 650-700 range wouldn't have been surprising.

The fact that he is knocking on the door of 750 is surprising IMO.

#439 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,327 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:00 AM

Sure, the injuries last year were a big issue. Of course, this is another aspect of things being surprising..the fact that these injury issues haven't cropped up this year. Usually, that isn't the case for middle IFers at his age.

What he has done in his career matters little at this stage in his career. He used to be one of the best offensive SS in baseball. The fact you can say that about JJ 6+ years ago means little to a player of his age.

And you just said, you would expect him to be in that range is true...sure, something in the 650-700 range wouldn't have been surprising.

The fact that he is knocking on the door of 750 is surprising IMO.

A torn labrum isn't normal wear and tear of age. 

#440 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:07 AM

A torn labrum isn't normal wear and tear of age.

Well yes and no. The labrum can fray and weaken over time, which makes is more likely to tear...especially with his throwing motion of being so over the top.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=