713 replies to this topic

#661 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 25 April 2022 - 03:05 PM

I used to be optimistic that the boys might do things better than the dad. they are, at some things.

but clearly, they have their own issues.

The apples rarely fall far from the tree. Pettiness and grudge-carrying are deeply embedded in that family's DNA.

• Mike B likes this

#662 MikeinOwingsMills

MikeinOwingsMills
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 April 2022 - 04:39 PM

The apples rarely fall far from the tree. Pettiness and grudge-carrying are deeply embedded in that family's DNA.

I'd held out - and to an extent, am still holding out - hope that at least collectively if not individually they would turn out to be MLB's version of Mark Davis (minus the...interesting haircut). Stumbled early in his ownership tenure, but something seems to have clicked and, by all appearances, is running a very competent franchise now.

I'm still semi-optimistic that the sons can get there, too, but as mentioned earlier, they definitely seem to have their own little quirks.

#663 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 26 April 2022 - 07:45 AM

In all seriousness, this may be the thing that makes me just turn away. This board is the full extent of how much attention I give to the Orioles. I had hoped that something had changed with ownership, but it hasn't. So I doubt I'll invest more attention than I do now. 

Good news! I saw a dog today.

#664 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 26 April 2022 - 07:52 AM

In all seriousness, this may be the thing that makes me just turn away. This board is the full extent of how much attention I give to the Orioles. I had hoped that something had changed with ownership, but it hasn't. So I doubt I'll invest more attention than I do now. 

I dont believe you are alone in those feelings.

#665 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 April 2022 - 08:09 AM

Not cool. Such an out of touch, disgraceful organization.

#666 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 April 2022 - 11:55 AM

I want to believe that there was nothing malicious in them snubbing Jones, and that is was more out of sight out of mind.  That said, the Orioles do seem to screw things like this up a lot more than normal.

@mikeghg

#667 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 26 April 2022 - 12:24 PM

I want to believe that there was nothing malicious in them snubbing Jones, and that is was more out of sight out of mind.  That said, the Orioles do seem to screw things like this up a lot more than normal.

Except that they remembered to invite Andino. No knock on him, but I find it hard to believe that they remembered him, and forgot about the player who was the Cap't of the team, if they did that sort of thing in Baltimore (and I wish they did). I can appreciate giving them the benefit of the doubt, but that's too much of a stretch for me.

Good news! I saw a dog today.

#668 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts

Posted 26 April 2022 - 02:12 PM

Nope. Robert Andino has been "out of sight" for much longer than Adam Jones has, but they had no trouble remembering him and tracking him down with an invitation. This is over the ~$6 million Jones cost the Angelos's by vetoing a trade. Nothing more.

#669 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 26 April 2022 - 02:42 PM

Nope. Robert Andino has been "out of sight" for much longer than Adam Jones has, but they had no trouble remembering him and tracking him down with an invitation. This is over the ~$6 million Jones cost the Angelos's by vetoing a trade. Nothing more.

exactly. no way, anybody can make a legimate excuse for this snub.

#670 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,058 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 29 April 2022 - 10:20 AM

Shouldn't this get moved to the former players section? 

#671 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,721 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 10:38 AM

Shouldn't this get moved to the former players section? 

Didn't realize a new thread had been started.  Merged. 

#672 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,721 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 10:32 AM

The Players Tribune: My Next Chapter

https://www.theplaye...bomJI3-iiaY2zec

• dude likes this

#673 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 May 2022 - 11:16 AM

Adam is really a class act.  Hopefully, the Orioles and Adam mend what ever fences are broken.

@mikeghg

#674 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 13 June 2022 - 12:27 PM

Awesome.

My favorite all time Oriole. He needs to be back with this organization in some way.

#675 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,876 posts

Posted 13 June 2022 - 12:44 PM

They should be begging him to be part of the MASN broadcasts, and to eventually replace Palmer when Jim retires.

#676 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 13 June 2022 - 02:19 PM

They should be begging him to be part of the MASN broadcasts, and to eventually replace Palmer when Jim retires.

Yes. He'd be an excellent broadcaster.

#677 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,137 posts

Posted 13 June 2022 - 02:23 PM

They are still trying to figure out what his landline number is.

#678 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,876 posts

Posted 06 July 2022 - 12:19 PM

The O's announced the initial list of players involved in the 30th anniversary celebration, and Jones wasn't listed.  The O's did say that the list wasn't final.

Press release: Orioles announce plans for Oriole Park at Camden Yards 30th Anniversary Weekend Celebration (mlb.com)

#679 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 06 July 2022 - 02:38 PM

The O's announced the initial list of players involved in the 30th anniversary celebration, and Jones wasn't listed. The O's did say that the list wasn't final.

Press release: Orioles announce plans for Oriole Park at Camden Yards 30th Anniversary Weekend Celebration (mlb.com)

A lot to unpack there.

No Jones (yet) But Cal not listed yet either. Markakis? Would he even bother?

Chris Davis (among others) is going to participate in a Q&A with fans?!!? Brave, brave soul he is. I have a question. What the **** bro!

Smash Mouth in concert. I guess Sugar Ray was busy.
@BSLMikeRandall

#680 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts

Posted 06 July 2022 - 04:04 PM

The Orioles have an interesting way of determining who their most consequential players of the past 30 years have been, I must say.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=