664 replies to this topic

#41 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:38 PM

What an idiot. I mean seriously, how could you say such a thing to a black woman. He deserved to get set up

#42 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:40 PM

What an idiot. I mean seriously, how could you say such a thing to a black woman. He deserved to get set up

How can he say such an idiotic thing to anyone?
  • Oriole85 likes this

#43 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:49 PM

Of course, but I mean it's incredibly stupid to put yourself in that position. If you're gonna be be spewing your BS it better be to people you believe will give their left nut for you.

#44 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:44 PM

Ernie Johnson just said NBA Press Conference at 8:30 on NBATV regarding this matter.

http://www.nba.com/l...140427_22755044

@levineps

#45 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,465 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:55 PM

What came of the presser?

#46 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:00 PM

What came of the presser?

Actually hasn't happened yet and here's another option apparently...

@KristenESPN .@sportscenter on ESPN2 will have live coverage of Adam Silver's press conference coming up shortly.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@levineps

#47 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,465 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:02 PM

Can you recap Madison? I'm at the bar.

#48 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:07 PM

Adam Silver talking due process... will move quickly in the investigation... Sterling won't attend playoff game in Golden State... Silver not ready to take action.

#49 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:07 PM

Can you recap Madison? I'm at the bar.

• Silver calls the audio produced by TMZ, "offensive and disturbing."
  • Feels bad for the Clips players and talked to CP3/Doc.
  • Kevin Johnson will be involved on the players behalf.
  • Silver won't be sanctioning him at this time, still investigating.
  • Sterling won't be attending the game tomorrow at Golden State.

@levineps

#50 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,394 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:53 PM

Clippers briefly consider boycott

I know it's not the 60's anymore, and that sort of commitment to a greater cause just doesn't happen these days, but I would have mad respect for the Clippers if they boycotted tomorrow's game.

#51 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,394 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:21 PM

The NAACP Is Planning To Award Clippers Owner Donald Sterling With A Lifetime Achievement Award In May

At first, I thought this might have been something from The Onion. But, it's right there on the NAACP site.

honoreesRev3.jpg

#52 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:21 PM

Boycott is stupid. You're playing for yourself, teammates, fans, and the franchise history itself. Not the owner. The franchise was around before Sterling owned it and will be long after he sells.

#53 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:28 PM

The NAACP Is Planning To Award Clippers Owner Donald Sterling With A Lifetime Achievement Award In May

At first, I thought this might have been something from The Onion. But, it's right there on the NAACP site.

honoreesRev3.jpg

Well...I mean, it depends on what you call "accomplishment". The NAACP could easily claim that his high-profile failings in the area of race in society have done much to further the cause of those fighting that particular fight.

Or it could just be like that episode of Parks and Recreation where the women's organization gave "Woman of the Year" to Ron Swanson.

(I mean, he does attend a shockingly high number of WNBA games.)

@DJ_McCann

#54 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,394 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:29 PM

Boycott is stupid. You're playing for yourself, teammates, fans, and the franchise history itself. Not the owner. The franchise was around before Sterling owned it and will be long after he sells.

It's up to the individual players, and no one should criticize them either way. If they think boycotting the game is for the greater good, then I'm perfectly fine with that. If they choose to play for themselves and for the team, then that's perfectly fine and everyone should respect that as well. Pardon my language, but fuck playing for the fans and the history of the franchise.

#55 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:36 PM

It's up to the individual players, and no one should criticize them either way. If they think boycotting the game is for the greater good, then I'm perfectly fine with that. If they choose to play for themselves and for the team, then that's perfectly fine and everyone should respect that as well. Pardon my language, but fuck playing for the fans and the history of the franchise.

I can see the idea of playing for something more than just yourself (although in theory it would be the whole team boycotting), and ultimately I don't think there's a real chance of a boycott happening. However, the history of the franchise is inexorably tied to Sterling. He's the reason they are in LA (he bought the team in San Diego), and has owned the franchise for almost 3/4 of its existence. The Clippers will one day be out from under that shadow, but even if his ownership is revoked tomorrow that is decades off.

If the current players--as a team--decide to make a statement about the man who controls that team, that is their choice.

@DJ_McCann

#56 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,394 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:38 PM

Well...I mean, it depends on what you call "accomplishment". The NAACP could easily claim that his high-profile failings in the area of race in society have done much to further the cause of those fighting that particular fight.

Or it could just be like that episode of Parks and Recreation where the women's organization gave "Woman of the Year" to Ron Swanson.

(I mean, he does attend a shockingly high number of WNBA games.)

Not sure I would actually honor him with an award for that (and apparently this is not his first award), even if it does ultimately call more attention to the problem. Just seems to me that it would make kind of a mockery of the ideal of what such an award should stand for.

#57 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:39 PM

Not sure I would actually honor him with an award for that (and apparently this is not his first award), even if it does ultimately call more attention to the problem. Just seems to me that it would make kind of a mockery of the ideal of what such an award should stand for.

Oh, absolutely. If it wasn't clear, my entire post was a joke :)

@DJ_McCann

#58 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,394 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:46 PM

Oh, absolutely. If it wasn't clear, my entire post was a joke :)

Dammit....snark-detector needs to go to the shop again.

#59 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:18 PM

Far from surprising.

#60 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,465 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:48 PM

The Clippers players ended up doing a silent protest. They came out for warm-up's... took off their "Clippers" branded shirts at mid court. Then they came back out with red shirts inside out to warm-up, which didn't display the Clippers name.

http://espn.go.com/l...-hide-team-logo

7vMsZUR.png

tWVGdRk.jpg

I'm happy that they did this.

Doc Rivers said he isn't sure what he would have to hear from Sterling to make him want to return next season."Don't know yet," Rivers said when asked if there were things he needed to hear from Sterling after an audio tape surfaced of Sterling purportedly making racist remarks to his girlfriend V. Stiviano. "I'm just going to leave it at that."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=