#41 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

I'll take that bet. 

As you should. Youre getting value. Youre still gonna lose, but your getting value in the event LeBron goes down. Thats your only hope.

#42 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,155 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:42 PM

Golden State and Denver just getting going... series tied at 1... pretty entertaining games.

#43 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,155 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

Golden State and Denver just getting going... series tied at 1... pretty entertaining games.

Game tied at the end of 1... outstanding atmosphere.

#44 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,479 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:50 PM

Knicks up 3-0 on Boston. Expected them to win, but not this easily.

#45 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:59 PM

As you should. Youre getting value. Youre still gonna lose, but your getting value in the event LeBron goes down. Thats your only hope.

What are we betting? You name it. 

@PeterDiLutis

#46 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

With the way you talk those odds should be even more favorable for me.

#47 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

With the way you talk those odds should be even more favorable for me.

Like you'd ever bet against your mancrush no matter what odds I gave you.

#48 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,155 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

Like you'd ever bet against your mancrush no matter what odds I gave you.

I understand Miami being the favorite, even the heavy favorite... but I'm surprised you think San Antonio, Clippers, Memphis have zero chance... I think the Spurs have more than a puncher's chance.

#49 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,155 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

Atlanta leading Indiana 54-30 to start the 2nd half.

#50 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

Come on .......Memphis or the Clips have a chance???

San Antonio would be the toughest matchup but if Parker isn;t healthy they have virtually no shot as well.

#51 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,155 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

Come on .......Memphis or the Clips have a chance???

San Antonio would be the toughest matchup but if Parker isn;t healthy they have virtually no shot as well.

Memphis has bigs that could give Miami issues, and they are willing to play defense. I'd have Miami in 5 vs. them, but I would expect Memphis to be in every game.

Clippers would have the 2nd best player on the court, and would be just as athletic as Miami. I'd have Miami in 6 vs. them.

If it's San Antonio, I'd have Miami in 7.

#52 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,155 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:05 AM

Pretty wild game yesterday with Chicago and the Nets. Bulls with the 2OT victory. 29 pts in the 4th, and OT from Nate Robinson.

#53 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,155 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:38 AM

ESPN keeps asking the question,"How far can OKC go?"  Followed by the posed thought of, "Now Durant can show what he can do."

I don't really understand the question or the commentary. Most people thought OKC was a slight favorite to win the West when the Playoffs began, and would be an underdog against Miami. They just lost their 2nd best player, and one of the best 15 players in the league. Why would the expectations possibly be the same now?

Further, this idea that Durant can now show what he do is ludicrous. He's had the reputation of being the 2nd best player in the league for awhile now. You don't earn that title without having shown what you can do. The idea that OKC can lose a player the caliber of Westbrook, and think that won't impact Durant just makes little sense. 

#54 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

What odds would you give if a LeBron injury voided the bet?

#55 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

ESPN keeps asking the question,"How far can OKC go?"  Followed by the posed thought of, "Now Durant can show what he can do."

I don't really understand the question or the commentary. Most people thought OKC was a slight favorite to win the West when the Playoffs began, and would be an underdog against Miami. They just lost their 2nd best player, and one of the best 15 players in the league. Why would the expectations possibly be the same now?

Further, this idea that Durant can now show what he do is ludicrous. He's had the reputation of being the 2nd best player in the league for awhile now. You don't earn that title without having shown what you can do. The idea that OKC can lose a player the caliber of Westbrook, and think that won't impact Durant just makes little sense. 

Yeah, it's a pretty dumb narrative regarding showing what he can do, but that said, it will be interesting to see him play in a more selfish role. 

Regardless, they're done without him. If they had some other guy that was also a top 15 player and did a lot of what Russ does, maybe they would have a chance to make the Finals, but they dealt him.

#56 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

Yeah, it's a pretty dumb narrative regarding showing what he can do, but that said, it will be interesting to see him play in a more selfish role. 

Regardless, they're done without him. If they had some other guy that was also a top 15 player and did a lot of what Russ does, maybe they would have a chance to make the Finals, but they dealt him.

Yea, I think they are done next round. Such a shame to see Westbrook go out.

They are a deep team though, so they may still get there.

#57 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

Not that it's news, but Miami won by double digits today to close out the Bucks, without D Wade. They'll get a nice rest before their 2nd round series. Hard to see anyone stopping them at this point.

@AdamWolff

#58 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:12 AM

Wow, GS up 3-1 on Denver now.

Denver with some bad injuries at the wrong time.

#59 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:44 AM

Not that it's news, but Miami won by double digits today to close out the Bucks, without D Wade. They'll get a nice rest before their 2nd round series. Hard to see anyone stopping them at this point.

They'll coast to the Finals. I mean New York or even CHicago could win a couple of games, but it'll never be a real series.

SA has the only chance to really test them.

Michael....I assume you mean if Lebron was injuried what kind of odds would I give. Obviously, depends on the injury. If it is something nagging or relatively  minor, lets say a mild ankle sprain,I'd still have them as favorites but would lower it to like 2/1 or 3/1. If he was out for the playoffs, then they're not the favs.

#60 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

I meant that if LeBron gets hurt the bet would be off, at least assuming he missed a game in a series they lose or something like that. That gives you protection from the only way you apparently think you could lose the bet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=