Photo

Game of Thrones (Book Discussion With Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
1805 replies to this topic

#1781 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:00 AM

So Cersei hires the Golden Company, Gendry is a member, Gendry kills Cersei

Awesome!  haha 

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#1782 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:31 PM

https://www.theringe...winter-timeline

Classic.

These books are never going to happen.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#1783 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:53 PM

So I have been re-watching the series before the final season and I have a theory about what will happen with Arya and Cersei.

Granted, the volanqar prophecy hasn't been mentioned on the show yet (I don't think it ever is) so I dont know if it'll happen like this on the show but I think it'll happen in the books, if they're ever written.

Arya, or someone, kills Jaime. I've read that the book's (and the show's) ending will be bittersweet, so I expect some of our favorite characters to off each other. So I think somehow Arya will kill Jaime.

Then, Arya will assume Jaime's identity and strangle Cersei to death. This will kill two birds with one stone: Arya kills Cersei who has always been on her list, and it'll fulfill the volanqar prophecy but not how we expect. And GOT has always been about a prophecy swerve. People assume that the queen that will usurp Cersei will be Margery, but it'll be Dany; people assume that the "little brother" who kills Cersei will be Tyrion, but it will be Jaime, and Ayra dressed as Jaime adds another dimension to that.

I also think there will be a scene where the real Jaime goes to see Cersei, is angry with her, and we think that this is when he will kill her, but in the end he will remain loyal to her, and he will die because of that loyalty, because this is GOT and whoever remains loyal to someone else always ends up dying for it.

What do you think?

I also just read this theory about how the series will end, and I think a lot of it makes sense.

https://www.yahoo.co...-152500764.html

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#1784 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:09 PM

The thing I wonder is how the stories play out and in what order.

The only thing I’m confident about is them killing off the white walkers.

But does that happen early in this short season to set up everything else or will that drag out until the end?

#1785 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:16 PM

The thing I wonder is how the stories play out and in what order.
The only thing I’m confident about is them killing off the white walkers.
But does that happen early in this short season to set up everything else or will that drag out until the end?

I think the WW battle will last until the very end. It’s been the main threat all along and was the first scene in the book and show. They won’t just brush that aside quickly.

#1786 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:30 PM

I think the WW battle will last until the very end. It’s been the main threat all along and was the first scene in the book and show. They won’t just brush that aside quickly.

Yea but i also feel the stuff between Cersei and everyone else is a bigger story overall.

That battle, who wins and who ends up on the throne has really become what it’s all about.

#1787 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:48 PM

Yea but i also feel the stuff between Cersei and everyone else is a bigger story overall.

That battle, who wins and who ends up on the throne has really become what it’s all about.

Except it's not. Because one of the main points of the entire series is that there is this existential threat emerging and advancing while all of these people focus on their power struggles and petty bullshit. So I hope the show doesn't go down that road.

@DJ_McCann

#1788 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,025 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 04:38 PM

Books 6 and 7 done?
https://tvweb.com/ge...f-ice-and-fire/

#1789 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,559 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 13 May 2019 - 04:52 PM

You trying to give me a heart attack out of excitement?

I refuse to believe it but if Ser Baristan has gone rogue and revealed true info there... I'm glad they rushed the conclusion of the show.

#1790 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 13 May 2019 - 05:11 PM

Nope. Not getting my hopes up. Need direct confirmation from GRRM
  • BobPhelan likes this

#1791 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 13 May 2019 - 05:53 PM

8 years to write two books makes sense.

Could it be that he agreed not to release them until the show ended?  Seems odd, but whatever. 

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#1792 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,559 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 13 May 2019 - 05:58 PM

8 years to write two books makes sense.

Could it be that he agreed not to release them until the show ended?  Seems odd, but whatever. 

Payolla? Bravado? I'm willing to believe anything at this point.

#1793 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 13 May 2019 - 06:07 PM

Payolla? Bravado? I'm willing to believe anything at this point.

Since the logical time to release them would be in conjunction with the final season, not after, it would have to be a very large sum of money to go against the wishes of pretty much everyone involved with his works not named HBO.

• BobPhelan likes this
@DJ_McCann

#1794 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,559 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 13 May 2019 - 06:54 PM

As expected, GRRM denies those rumors in a colorful way.

http://georgerrmarti...n-the-internet/

• Mackus likes this

#1795 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:36 AM

What a shit show. He's supposed to provide some sort of update on Winds (besides shooting down this rumor) sometime soon. At this point I think I'll try and hold for Winds as long as it comes in the next 6ish months. Then I will probably watch seasons 5-8.

#1796 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,702 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:19 AM

What a shit show. He's supposed to provide some sort of update on Winds (besides shooting down this rumor) sometime soon. At this point I think I'll try and hold for Winds as long as it comes in the next 6ish months. Then I will probably watch seasons 5-8.

The release date for A Dance With Dragons was announced about 4 months prior.  I'd expect similar for the next one, so that might be eating quite a bit into your 6 month self-imposed deadline.

#1797 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:51 AM

The release date for A Dance With Dragons was announced about 4 months prior.  I'd expect similar for the next one, so that might be eating quite a bit into your 6 month self-imposed deadline.

No proof but I think he's at least close with Winds, if only because it's been eight fucking years.  I also think he wants to try and announce a release date sooner while the show is still being talked about. 

• Mackus likes this

#1798 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,702 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:52 AM

Hope you're right!

#1799 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,025 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 09:02 AM

The RingerWhy Won’t George Let George Finish ‘Winds of Winter’?

• Mackus likes this

#1800 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,702 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 09:25 AM

I love the "my sweet summer, child" reference at the beginning of this article.  Really does sum everything up nicely about any expectations for these books to ever be finished and released.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=