• Please log in to reply
673 replies to this topic

#561 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 10:12 PM

Najee Harris to Pittsburgh. I'm glad they didn't address their line.

#562 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 19 July 2021 - 07:14 AM

CBS Sports: Steelers to host former Chargers Pro Bowler Melvin Ingram on free agent visit as they seek pass rush

https://www.cbssport...pass-rush-help/

#563 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 06:59 AM

CBS Sports: Steelers to host former Chargers Pro Bowler Melvin Ingram on free agent visit as they seek pass rush

https://www.cbssport...pass-rush-help/

He did sign a 1 yr deal but haven't seen any specifics .

#564 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 08:35 AM

He did sign a 1 yr deal but haven't seen any specifics .

I saw both $4M and $5M reported, so must be something like that.

#565 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 July 2021 - 12:41 PM

I saw both $4M and $5M reported, so must be something like that.

I think it is 4 M with incentives.  I am really surprised the Ravens showed no interest in him.

@mikeghg

#566 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 07:11 AM

CBS Sports: NFL insider notes: Rookie Najee Harris will carry Steelers offense on his back if that's what is needed

https://www.cbssport...what-is-needed/

#567 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 20 August 2021 - 06:53 AM

The Ringer: Ben Roethlisberger Is Not Finished Yet

#568 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,479 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 January 2022 - 11:54 PM

Nice send off for Ben. Great moment in the Burgh tonight.

#569 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 04 January 2022 - 08:42 PM

Nice send off for Ben. Great moment in the Burgh tonight.

It was very impressive.  Rarely do you get to see a guy whose meant so much to his team and city get to go out in such an emotional setting.   Manning didn't get it in Indy, Brady obviously won't get it in NE.  Even Unitas didn't have that in Baltimore.

And the interception at the end to allow him to go out taking a knee was like it was scripted.  

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#570 BSLLukeRollfinke

BSLLukeRollfinke

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 08:41 AM

BSL: Roethlisberger’s Final Trip to the Bank Marks the End of an Era

https://baltimorespo...-end-of-an-era/

• BSLChrisStoner and cprenegade like this
@LukeRollfinke

#571 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 08 January 2022 - 09:06 PM

BSL: Roethlisberger’s Final Trip to the Bank Marks the End of an Era

https://baltimorespo...-end-of-an-era/

Nice article.  I agree with you about the end of an era.  I mentioned it on another thread.  It was the players that made Pittsburgh vs. Baltimore as special as it was.  Ray, Reed, Ngata, Suggs, Heap, Ward, Polamalu, Brown, Roethlisberger....etc.   They're all gone now except for Roethlisberger.  I think there's only one year (2013?) in like the last two decades that either Pittsburgh or Baltimore did not make the playoffs.  Since the North was formed in 2002, the Steelers have 9 division titles, the Ravens have 6.  

Once Roethlisberger retires, after tomorrow Pittsburgh/Baltimore will still be a division game, but it won't be nearly as big as it once was.  At least not for a while.   Pittsburgh/Baltimore loses a lot of it's mystique after tomorrow.  

#572 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 09 January 2022 - 08:42 AM

Nice article.  I agree with you about the end of an era.  I mentioned it on another thread.  It was the players that made Pittsburgh vs. Baltimore as special as it was.  Ray, Reed, Ngata, Suggs, Heap, Ward, Polamalu, Brown, Roethlisberger....etc.   They're all gone now except for Roethlisberger.  I think there's only one year (2013?) in like the last two decades that either Pittsburgh or Baltimore did not make the playoffs.  Since the North was formed in 2002, the Steelers have 9 division titles, the Ravens have 6.  

Once Roethlisberger retires, after tomorrow Pittsburgh/Baltimore will still be a division game, but it won't be nearly as big as it once was.  At least not for a while.   Pittsburgh/Baltimore loses a lot of it's mystique after tomorrow.  

Pittsburgh has a ton of cap room next year and they are rumored to be going hard after Aaron Rodgers, assuming he gets out of Green Bay. If that happens rivalry will be as strong as ever.

#573 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 09 January 2022 - 06:08 PM

Pittsburgh has a ton of cap room next year and they are rumored to be going hard after Aaron Rodgers, assuming he gets out of Green Bay. If that happens rivalry will be as strong as ever.

Maybe, but Pittsburgh rarely goes after big free agents.  They operate a lot like the Ravens.  They sign role playing FAs at sensible prices, they don't go after the guys wanting tons of money.  Plus Rogers would only be a band aid.  The Steelers are not a team that is only a QB away from being a SB contender.  Their offensive line is bad.   Their defense struggled badly to stop the run.  Honestly I see them drafting someone either this year or next and going with Rudolph until they can get the rookie up to speed.  Also, I'm not convinced that Rogers will really leave GB and if they win the SB he might retire to go host Jeopardy.  

I'm sure the rivalry will still exist because they are divisional opponents.  But I just think some of the intensity of it will be lost.  All of the guys that Baltimore fans used to hate are gone off of the Steelers now.  All of the guys that Pittsburgh fans used to hate are gone off of the Ravens.  It just doesn't feel the same.  

#574 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 06:11 PM

CBS Sports: Ben Roethlisberger retires: Ranking top seven Steelers QB possibilities for 2022 NFL season

https://www.cbssport...022-nfl-season/

#575 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 20 February 2022 - 09:24 AM

Steeles signed Flores as senior defensive assistant/LB coach.

If this was a month ago I’d say this is a smart move hiring a good defensive mind that could turn into 2 draft picks in a year. As it is I have no idea, it could still be a smart move but it could turn into a big distraction.

#576 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,823 posts

Posted 20 February 2022 - 09:41 AM

I don't really see how any media attention could negatively impact the team much.  It's not gonna effect practice or games or meetings.  I doubt players will get many questions about it after the first week of camp.  If every single question at Flores' weekly media session (which he probably doesn't even have as a position coach rather than coordinator) or at Tomlin's press conferences is about Flores' lawsuit, that doesn't distract anyone from getting their job done except the reporters.

• makoman likes this

#577 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,479 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 February 2022 - 11:32 AM

I think it’s a great hire, unfortunately. He’s an awesome defensive coach.

#578 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 06:41 AM

I did see a comment on PFT that him & Fitzpatrick don't get along. Likely why he was traded.

#579 JimJohnson

JimJohnson

HOF

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 25 February 2022 - 08:35 AM

The Steelers do a lot of things right, and I think hiring Flores, who is considered to be an excellent defensive coach, is one of them. The positive PR they will received for being open to hiring him, especially after that debacle in Houston, is a good thing and should offset any additional chatter about the ongoing lawsuit. It will be interesting to keep an eye on Flores' relationship with Fitzpatrick given reports about their history in Miami, but I suspect there should be enough space within the defensive meetings and practices to prevent it from developing into an issue for the Steelers.

Jim Johnson
BSL Contributor

#580 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 25 February 2022 - 08:56 AM

The Steelers do a lot of things right, and I think hiring Flores, who is considered to be an excellent defensive coach, is one of them. The positive PR they will received for being open to hiring him, especially after that debacle in Houston, is a good thing and should offset any additional chatter about the ongoing lawsuit. It will be interesting to keep an eye on Flores' relationship with Fitzpatrick given reports about their history in Miami, but I suspect there should be enough space within the defensive meetings and practices to prevent it from developing into an issue for the Steelers.

My very superficial understanding is Fitzpatrick's beef was that he was being used improperly in Miami. He has been so successful in Pit that I highly doubt anything like that will change due to Flores coming in, Flores isn't even the DC, so there will probably be little issue. Never know though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=