525 replies to this topic

#101 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

I get as a GM why you can't say and condone this stuff. So no, I don't agree with Ireland in his position as GM saying it. That said,  I understand why half the people voting(the majority males mind you) are saying this guy needs to man up and defend himself.

#102 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:29 PM

Ray Lewis wasn't in that locker room . These are talking heads saying the "right" things. It's PC shtick.

You are a mini, younger Weber.

You are hypocritical like always with your shtick.

@levineps

#103 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:31 PM

Don't worry about it... a lot of people like Weber, so much to his chagrin, BNick just paid you a nice little complement. ;)

• Oriole85, DJ MC and KWebz like this

#104 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

http://espn.go.com/e...&pollId=4039169

Kv8iwYg.png

Wow, we have a lot of dumb people left out there still. Unreal it's this close of a vote.

I'm sure those who "agree" would be saying the same thing when Incognito caused a season-ending injury. No matter which side you are on, it's Ireland's role to dissolve the situation, not to escalate it. Based on what the Phins players are saying, I'm guessing there would've been retaliation on Martin had he gone through.

@levineps

#105 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

I get as a GM why you can't say and condone this stuff. So no, I don't agree with Ireland in his position as GM saying it. That said,  I understand why half the people voting(the majority males mind you) are saying this guy needs to man up and defend himself.

Defending yourself physically is one thing.... but I don't think one needs to initiate physical aggression to defend from verbal bullying. He should have told his coach and given this a chance to work itself out... but popping Incognito in the mouth, and starting a fight... that's just barbaric... it's 2013, time to move on from all that nonsense, IMO. I'm honestly not a huge PC kind of guy either, but there's just no need for that nonsense anymore. 

#106 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

Defending yourself physically is one thing.... but I don't think one needs to initiate physical aggression to defend from verbal bullying. He should have told his coach and given this a chance to work itself out... but popping Incognito in the mouth, and starting a fight... that's just barbaric... it's 2013, time to move on from all that nonsense, IMO. I'm honestly not a huge PC kind of guy either, but there's just no need for that nonsense anymore. 

Agree for the most part of what you are saying. I think a fight could've ended up worse than this.

This story just keeps taking turns, I'm sure we haven't heard close to the last of it.

@levineps

#107 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:38 PM

Agree for the most part of what you are saying. I think a fight could've ended up worse than this.

This story just keeps taking turns, I'm sure we haven't heard close to the last of it.

No we haven't. And I feel a tad ashamed for spouting off at the mouth when this story broke without waiting to hear more details first. As Florio said in the story DJ linked, this is definitely something you should keep an open mind with given all the twists and turns.

#108 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:43 PM

No we haven't. And I feel a tad ashamed for spouting off at the mouth when this story broke without waiting to hear more details first. As Florio said in the story DJ linked, this is definitely something you should keep an open mind with given all the twists and turns.

It's natural to react right away on social media with just part of the story. Breaking news should always come with the "thoughts subject to change" alert here.

@levineps

#109 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:44 PM

It's natural to react right away on social media with just part of the story. Breaking news should always come with the "thoughts subject to change" alert here.

Yeah, I thought I'd learned this lesson already - but apparently not. Oh well, of minimal consequence here, just a rando spouting away at the mouth on a random message board, no biggie. Ultimately, I don't care much about this either, but I just hope everyone gets what they deserve in this case.

#110 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:45 PM

Ray Lewis wasn't in that locker room . These are talking heads saying the "right" things. It's PC shtick.

You are a mini, younger Weber.

It's surprising that you would say such a nice thing about him!

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#111 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:52 PM

Don't worry about it... a lot of people like Weber, so much to his chagrin, BNick just paid you a nice little complement. ;)

Yeah, you could be  compared to a lot worse.

#112 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:53 PM

It's surprising that you would say such a nice thing about him!

Hey, he was the one who got offended.

#113 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:59 PM

In regards to the map, I agree with Rickers take that it's possible to confront someone without PHYSICALLY confronting someone. That's the part that baffles me in the poll, so many people eager to use fists as the resolver.

Though I gotta admit, having lived in Louisiana for 6 years I'm not surprised that the "man up and fight" attitude is more prevalent in the south.

This whole thing is still pretty muddled about what actually happened. I don't think we can definitely say this was Incognito being a sociopath, Martin creating a excuse to leave, Martin having other issues, or the Dolphins management creating a really harmful culture. It's probably a combo in some form, but any poster here who thinks they know the truth and full story right now is fooling his or her self.

#114 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:02 PM

Since you're the one offering a defense of Incognito here, I would figure you of all people would get that context is everything ;)

@DJ_McCann

#115 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

Well it seemed pretty clear how you meant it.

#116 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:07 PM

Since you're the one offering a defense of Incognito here, I would figure you of all people would get that context is everything ;)

A. I'm not totally defending Incognito here. I've already said he's an asshole and handled some things poorly.

B. I'm just so glad you  had to throw your  two cents into the mix here. What would some banter in a thread be without DJ involved.

#117 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:09 PM

In regards to the map, I agree with Rickers take that it's possible to confront someone without PHYSICALLY confronting someone. That's the part that baffles me in the poll, so many people eager to use fists as the resolver.

Though I gotta admit, having lived in Louisiana for 6 years I'm not surprised that the "man up and fight" attitude is more prevalent in the south.

This whole thing is still pretty muddled about what actually happened. I don't think we can definitely say this was Incognito being a sociopath, Martin creating a excuse to leave, Martin having other issues, or the Dolphins management creating a really harmful culture. It's probably a combo in some form, but any poster here who thinks they know the truth and full story right now is fooling his or her self.

Absolutely, we only have part of the story and what's being made public being told by people with their own biases. I'm usually a truth is in the middle type. I still have a hard time giving Incognito the benefit of the doubt because of his past, but I'm sure some of this was taken out of proportion on Martin's part.

@levineps

#118 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:11 PM

A. I'm not totally defending Incognito here. I've already said he's an asshole and handled some things poorly.

B. I'm just so glad you  had to throw your  two cents into the mix here. What would some banter in a thread be without DJ involved.

Did you really not expect Weber to respond when you specifically mentioned him here?

@levineps

#119 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:15 PM

That wasn't an insult, though I don't know why I thought you would see it as anything but.

@DJ_McCann

#120 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:22 PM

PFT: Terrelle Pryor: Hats off to Jonathan Martin for being a man

@DJ_McCann

0 user(s) are reading this topic