525 replies to this topic

#141 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:20 PM

I think it started when you called him naive, to be honest. It came off pretty douchey.

Whatever.  Douchey is one thing, bullying is another.

#142 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:23 PM

I think it started when you called him naive, to be honest. It came off pretty douchey.
Whatever. Douchey is one thing, bullying is another.
Agreed. Bullying is like being douchey but with the added element of some kind of power over the other person. I'm guessing the power that Incognito held over Martin was that he was able to get the rest of the team to turn against him on command.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#143 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:26 PM

Well there's the line to DJ and the now repeated threat to punch him in the face. But other than that...

#144 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:29 PM

My issue with you is this, you make a big deal about DJ/Weber being arrogant/condescending. I state my OPINION and you proceed to belittle me about it. If it bothers you when they are doing it (and I'm not saying they are, that's what you think) then I'd think you could be a little more respectful.

@levineps

#145 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:31 PM

Agreed. Bullying is like being douchey but with the added element of some kind of power over the other person. I'm guessing the power that Incognito held over Martin was that he was able to get the rest of the team to turn against him on command.

A. That has nothing to doing with the claim that I was bullying.

B. I don't think Incognito has any kind of power over the rest of the team. I really don't understand this thought. These are alpha males. Maybe if your claiming someone with legendary stature like a Ray Lewis or Peyton Manning could control a whole locker room but a relatively unknown LG. If Incognito was the complete asshole and bully to Martin that he is made out to be, especially with the racial element involved, he would not have so many defenders on his team.

#146 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:33 PM

My issue with you is this, you make a big deal about DJ/Weber being arrogant/condescending. I state my OPINION and you proceed to belittle me about it. If it bothers you when they are doing it (and I'm not saying they are, that's what you think) then I'd think you could be a little more respectful.

That's so much BS. How did I belittle you. Because I said you were naïve. There is a big difference between suggesting you are naïve and suggesting someone is stupid.

#147 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:37 PM

A. That has nothing to doing with the claim that I was bullying.

But it does. In this scenario you don't really have the ability to bully because no one is afraid of you (I hope).

B. I don't think Incognito has any kind of power over the rest of the team. I really don't understand this thought. These are alpha males. Maybe if your claiming someone with legendary stature like a Ray Lewis or Peyton Manning could control a whole locker room but a relatively unknown LG. If Incognito was the complete asshole and bully to Martin that he is made out to be, especially with the racial element involved, he would not have so many defenders on his team.

Then you must be very naive ;)
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#148 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:37 PM

That's so much BS. How did I belittle you. Because I said you were naïve. There is a big difference between suggesting you are naïve and suggesting someone is stupid.

That and maybe your off-putting "of course you do."

It be too hard to admit you were wrong for once?

@levineps

#149 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:38 PM

Well there's the line to DJ and the now repeated threat to punch him in the face. But other than that...

Bnickle, is this not considering bullying?

@levineps

#150 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:38 PM

B. I don't think Incognito has any kind of power over the rest of the team. I really don't understand this thought. These are alpha males. Maybe if your claiming someone with legendary stature like a Ray Lewis or Peyton Manning could control a whole locker room but a relatively unknown LG. If Incognito was the complete asshole and bully to Martin that he is made out to be, especially with the racial element involved, he would not have so many defenders on his team.

It doesn't have to be "leadership" control. This is a social group of people; just like any other group, someone who knows how to play politics the right way can get people on their side and willing to forgive certain ills.

I mean, he invoked the one racial slur that EVERYONE gets upset when the "wrong" person says it, and in an obviously negative manner. Yet, most of his defenders on the team are that particular race. That tells me that he knows how to work the room. It also doesn't make him any less of a racist or an asshole or otherwise disgusting if he is those things; and it does seem that he is at least some of those things.

@DJ_McCann

#151 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:43 PM

That wasn't an insult, though I don't know why I thought you would see it as anything but.

Really, you see nothing wrong with this post from DJ. You really think I was bullying DJ after this post. So ridiculous. I was pissed off.  I told him we'll be fine, just don't be so disrespectful and rude in person. 

#152 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,151 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:46 PM

Someone needs to drop an N-bomb and really get this thread going.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#153 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:47 PM

Newbie?

@DJ_McCann

#154 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,674 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:47 PM

This sums it up really well.

http://www.grantland...ullying-scandal

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

@fuzydunlop

#155 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:48 PM

That wasn't an insult, though I don't know why I thought you would see it as anything but.

Really, you see nothing wrong with this post from DJ. You really think I was bullying DJ after this post. So ridiculous. I was pissed off.  I told him we'll be fine, just don't be so disrespectful and rude in person. 

His post is no worse than things you routinely say. Your post would get you banned at the foxhole and you've used that line multiple times now as well as threatened to punch him multiple times. You really don't see a problem with that?

#156 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Now you're talking about being respectful, it be nice if you could practice what you preach one of these days.

@levineps

#157 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Newbie?
Don't be a Nucklehead.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#158 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:53 PM

It doesn't have to be "leadership" control. This is a social group of people; just like any other group, someone who knows how to play politics the right way can get people on their side and willing to forgive certain ills.

I mean, he invoked the one racial slur that EVERYONE gets upset when the "wrong" person says it, and in an obviously negative manner. Yet, most of his defenders on the team are that particular race. That tells me that he knows how to work the room. It also doesn't make him any less of a racist or an asshole or otherwise disgusting if he is those things; and it does seem that he is at least some of those things.

These are grown men that can think for themselves. If Incognito was being a complete bully you would be hearing about it from others. They sure as heck wouldn't be defending him so much. I get that some could still be mad at Martin for being a rat or not keeping things in house. But you wouldn't see the rush to defend Incognito. People are speaking out because they know Martin is really twisting the truth here.

#159 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,564 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:54 PM

This sums it up really well.

http://www.grantland...ullying-scandal

This is excellent. Thanks for the link.

#160 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:02 PM

These are grown men that can think for themselves. If Incognito was being a complete bully you would be hearing about it from others. They sure as heck wouldn't be defending him so much. I get that some could still be mad at Martin for being a rat or not keeping things in house. But you wouldn't see the rush to defend Incognito. People are speaking out because they know Martin is really twisting the truth here.

Of course they can think for themselves. But if you have someone that a lot of people like, those people are going to be more forgiving or willing to come to their defense. Based on the way this is coming through, that's what I see.

Incognito comes off as a fairly charismatic person. I'm sure he's tried to charm everyone in that locker room, and I wouldn't be surprised if he made overtures to Martin, too: that would go far in explaining some of the statements made about how Incognito said he was close to the guy.

I should also mention that when you say things like Martin is a rat or twisting the truth, you're jumping to some pretty strong conclusions.

@DJ_McCann

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=