524 replies to this topic

#441 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 24 March 2022 - 06:04 AM

WR isn't a position you build your team so these types of contracts will likely only be given out by crap teams with a lot of cap room.  Currently I think some teams this offseason are trying to emulate the Rams' all in approach which will likely fail for most.

I don't know how Miami signs so many players each off season then cuts them the next year .

#442 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 24 March 2022 - 06:20 AM

I don't know how Miami signs so many players each off season then cuts them the next year .

It's hard work being average at best for 20+ years.

#443 BSLMikeFast

BSLMikeFast

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 24 March 2022 - 06:42 AM

It's hard work being average at best for 20+ years.

They've accumulated a ton of cap space + the cap goes up every year

@MikeFastNFL

#444 BSLMikeFast

BSLMikeFast

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 24 March 2022 - 06:44 AM

Good post.

I just don't think Tua is that talented a quarterback. Hill will help, but I doubt it helps them that much. Interesting trade though.

Tua is a very good quarterback. He overcame a big injury as he entered the league, and then played behind a porous o-line with limited weapons. You saw what he was capable of with even just Waddle last year. He's not great by any means, but he's much better than people give him credit for.

@MikeFastNFL

#445 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 24 March 2022 - 07:13 AM

They've accumulated a ton of cap space + the cap goes up every year

And they fired their coach who led them to 2 of their 3 winning seasons over the past decade or so.  But I'm sure it will work out this time.

#446 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,172 posts

Posted 02 August 2022 - 04:28 PM

The Ringer: Stephen Ross Is Very Bad at Tampering and Trying to Tank

#447 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,172 posts

Posted 24 August 2022 - 07:48 AM

The Ringer: The Proving Ground of Tua Tagovailoa

#448 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,172 posts

Posted 29 September 2022 - 08:37 PM

Tua lost to a gruesome injury.

#449 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,465 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 29 September 2022 - 08:44 PM

Someone with the Dolphins needs to be fired. He shouldn't have been out there in the first place. Back injury my @$$.

#450 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,645 posts

Posted 29 September 2022 - 10:10 PM

Someone with the Dolphins needs to be fired. He shouldn't have been out there in the first place. Back injury my @$$.

The fact of the matter is if Tua were Lamar, the same damn thing would've happened. The Ravens would've done whatever they could to get him back onto the field. The problem is with the NFL for not taking total control over in-game injury protocols. They say they do, but they don't. 

#451 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,567 posts

Posted 30 September 2022 - 12:29 AM

That was bad. Sounds like he’s OK but you have to think he’s out for at least a few weeks.

And yeah, they definitely need to investigate what went down with him this last week.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#452 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 30 September 2022 - 06:48 AM

The fact of the matter is if Tua were Lamar, the same damn thing would've happened. The Ravens would've done whatever they could to get him back onto the field. The problem is with the NFL for not taking total control over in-game injury protocols. They say they do, but they don't. 

Tua likely wanted to play. The coach wanted him to play. He passed off the injury as his back and the doctor cleared it. Until the league or PA gives a doctor full authority to keep a player out, this will continue.

#453 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 30 September 2022 - 08:10 AM

Tua likely wanted to play. The coach wanted him to play. He passed off the injury as his back and the doctor cleared it. Until the league or PA gives a doctor full authority to keep a player out, this will continue.

I think you are probably right, but I would not be surprised to see the league come down on Miami.  That was a scary sight on a primetime game.  

@mikeghg

#454 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,172 posts

Posted 30 September 2022 - 09:25 AM

The Doctor that passed him Sunday is a 3rd party Doc. 

Every player seems to think he clearly was concussed Sunday, and the Players Association is looking into it. 

But the protocol is for a 3rd party doc to evaluate and clear.  That's what happened. 

If the 3rd party is not really a 3rd party - that needs to change. 

As far as last night, tough sight.  Always feel for the other players having to watch their friend be carted.  Has to be scary.

Tua apparently flew back to Miami on the team plane. 

I was struck by the fingers when I saw the images. Thought they were broke.  But haven't seen that reported. 

Also, I do question these Thursday night games...  and as the former Patriot (sorry, forgetting his name) said this morning on ESPN, FieldTurf should go. 

• BSLMikeLowe likes this

#455 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,487 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 September 2022 - 09:42 AM

What’s the deal with field turf wrt head injuries?

#456 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,172 posts

Posted 30 September 2022 - 09:45 AM

Just in-general it's a harder less forgiving surface. 

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#457 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,465 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 30 September 2022 - 09:56 AM

I was struck by the fingers when I saw the images. Thought they were broke.  But haven't seen that reported. 

The thing with the fingers was likely what’s called a fencing response. It can happen when a person suffers a traumatic brain injury.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#458 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,645 posts

Posted 30 September 2022 - 12:07 PM

I am saying that the league needs to take better control of the concussion protocol. He collapsed like an accordion on Sunday. That is an example of gross motor instability. Once a player exhibits it, he currently has to be examined for a concussion. That’s crap. If he exhibits it, he should be removed from the game. The fact he had another one on Thursday (being thrown to the ground, fingers showing yet another instance of gross motor instability), only compounds this reality.

Brain damage can be cumulative.

#459 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,645 posts

Posted 30 September 2022 - 12:30 PM

That’s not the take away from last night (he shouldn’t have been on the field), but…

Study.

Analysis of the limited publications on artificial turf playing surface demonstrates a lower incidence of concussion and head injury in competitive contact sports. On subgroup analysis, this effect is most marked in rugby and American football, with no significant association of playing surface on the incidence of head injury or concussion in soccer.

#460 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,172 posts

Posted 30 September 2022 - 01:31 PM

I am saying that the league needs to take better control of the concussion protocol. He collapsed like an accordion on Sunday. That is an example of gross motor instability. Once a player exhibits it, he currently has to be examined for a concussion. That’s crap. If he exhibits it, he should be removed from the game. The fact he had another one on Thursday (being thrown to the ground, fingers showing yet another instance of gross motor instability), only compounds this reality.

Brain damage can be cumulative.

He was examined immediately Sunday. By a 3rd party doc.  And cleared. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=