Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 26 December 2020 - 06:58 PM

Dolphins inactives 

Dolphins inactives: DeVante Parker, Shaq Lawson, Solomon Kindley, DeAndre Washington, Chandler Cox.

Roll Tide

#424 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 14 March 2021 - 04:18 PM

CBS Sports: Texans trading Pro Bowler Benardrick McKinney to Dolphins for Shaq Lawson, per reports
https://www.cbssport...on-per-reports/

#425 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 09:30 AM

ESPN: In case it wasn't clear, Miami Dolphins are all-in on Tua Tagovailoa for 2021

https://www.espn.com...vailoa-for-2021

#426 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 08:05 PM

Waddle to the Dolphins.

#427 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 07:37 AM

CBS Sports: Xavien Howard requests trade from Dolphins: Five possible landing spots for All-Pro cornerback

https://www.cbssport...pro-cornerback/

Guy signed a huge extension two years ago. Now he doesn't feel valued.  

#428 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 22 October 2021 - 06:49 AM

The Ringer: The Dolphins Seemed to Have It All Figured Out. Then It All Fell Apart.

#429 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 09:26 AM

The Ringer: Tua Tagovailoa Is the Best RPO Passer in the League—and That’s All

#430 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 23 March 2022 - 11:48 AM

Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to Miami for 5 draft picks...

2022 1st

2022 2nd

2022 4th

2023 4th

2023 6th

#431 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 23 March 2022 - 12:29 PM

4 years/$120 million.  That is a lot of money for a team like Miami to spend on a receiver.

#432 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 23 March 2022 - 12:51 PM

The Jets reportedly had a deal on the table that would have included their first-round pick (No. 10 overall), but that would have been contingent on Hill signing a long-term deal. Hill obviously wanted no part of the Jets.

On the surface, it doesn't look like a great return for a premium player, but it's roughly the same overall that Green Bay got for Davante Adams. Plus, it gives the Chiefs some draft flexibility, while Miami can pay QB money to a receiver while their own quarterback is still on a rookie deal. The only question is, does Tua have the arm to truly capitalize on having a guy like Tyreek Hill? Kansas City also gained some $20 million against their salary cap this year since Hill's contract contained no guaranteed money for 2022.

Just think if Miami had drafted Justin Hebert instead. . .

• CantonJester likes this

#433 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,422 posts

Posted 23 March 2022 - 03:09 PM

If WRs are going to start getting 30-40M per year, and with college WRs being more pro ready than ever, I wonder if teams will start pushing back a little and start treating them more like RBs. Let them go elsewhere after their rookie contract, or go with cheaper options.

As we've discussed ad nauseam, it's hard enough on the rest of the team to pay your QB big time money. What if your QB and WR1 are taking up over 30% of the cap?

• BSLChrisStoner and Steve55 like this

#434 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 23 March 2022 - 03:50 PM

If WRs are going to start getting 30-40M per year, and with college WRs being more pro ready than ever, I wonder if teams will start pushing back a little and start treating them more like RBs. Let them go elsewhere after their rookie contract, or go with cheaper options.

As we've discussed ad nauseam, it's hard enough on the rest of the team to pay your QB big time money. What if your QB and WR1 are taking up over 30% of the cap?

I was thinking the same thing. With these quarterback contracts consuming so much of a team's cap (DeShaun Watson's cap No. will reportedly account for 25 percent of the Browns' total cap beginning in 2023), few teams are going to have the luxury of affording themselves an accompanying massive contract. Besides, it seems as if every year we hear of the upcoming draft class being "loaded" at wide receiver.

However, it's probably also important to look at some of the numbers of these recent wide receiver mega-deals. Davante Adam's new Raiders contract calls for six years and $141.25 million, for example. According to Pro Football Talk, however, if you delve a little deeper, the details begin to emerge. Adams' contract contains $67.5 million in guaranteed money; however, that doesn't become fully guaranteed until 2023. And only $22.75 million of that is guaranteed at signing. 

If Adams doesn't live up to the contract in Year 1, the Raiders could cut ties. The Raiders did, of course, give up a number of draft picks in order to get him, so that could be a bit painful, but they could very well get out from under after 2022 if they so chose.

#435 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,422 posts

Posted 23 March 2022 - 04:14 PM

I was thinking the same thing. With these quarterback contracts consuming so much of a team's cap (DeShaun Watson's cap No. will reportedly account for 25 percent of the Browns' total cap beginning in 2023), few teams are going to have the luxury of affording themselves an accompanying massive contract. Besides, it seems as if every year we hear of the upcoming draft class being "loaded" at wide receiver.

However, it's probably also important to look at some of the numbers of these recent wide receiver mega-deals. Davante Adam's new Raiders contract calls for six years and $141.25 million, for example. According to Pro Football Talk, however, if you delve a little deeper, the details begin to emerge. Adams' contract contains $67.5 million in guaranteed money; however, that doesn't become fully guaranteed until 2023. And only $22.75 million of that is guaranteed at signing. 

If Adams doesn't live up to the contract in Year 1, the Raiders could cut ties. The Raiders did, of course, give up a number of draft picks in order to get him, so that could be a bit painful, but they could very well get out from under after 2022 if they so chose.

Yeah, I would think given the haul they gave up they won't cut Adams after this year. I know that's sunk cost but they will want to see a return. Then 2023 and 2024 become guaranteed next offseason. He's definitely cut after 2024 unless he is insanely productive though. 2025 cap hit of 40M but only 7M dead money.

I guess they may become the test case, as Carr is on his last year and was supposedly getting an extension this offseason. Curious what Carr+Adams is against the 2024 cap.

#436 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 23 March 2022 - 04:19 PM

Yeah, I would think given the haul they gave up they won't cut Adams after this year. I know that's sunk cost but they will want to see a return. Then 2023 and 2024 become guaranteed next offseason. He's definitely cut after 2024 unless he is insanely productive though. 2025 cap hit of 40M but only 7M dead money.

I guess they may become the test case, as Carr is on his last year and was supposedly getting an extension this offseason. Curious what Carr+Adams is against the 2024 cap.

No, I agree that Adams will likely never see the final two years of that contract. Although the drop-off in performance isn't as pronounced as running backs once a player reaches the age of 30, only four receivers since 2017 have eclipsed 1,000 yards once they reached that age. I doubt if the Raiders are going shell out some $40 million per annum to see if Adams can be the fifth.

#437 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,640 posts

Posted 23 March 2022 - 06:19 PM

The Jets reportedly had a deal on the table that would have included their first-round pick (No. 10 overall), but that would have been contingent on Hill signing a long-term deal. Hill obviously wanted no part of the Jets.

On the surface, it doesn't look like a great return for a premium player, but it's roughly the same overall that Green Bay got for Davante Adams. Plus, it gives the Chiefs some draft flexibility, while Miami can pay QB money to a receiver while their own quarterback is still on a rookie deal. The only question is, does Tua have the arm to truly capitalize on having a guy like Tyreek Hill? Kansas City also gained some $20 million against their salary cap this year since Hill's contract contained no guaranteed money for 2022.

100% agreed. 

It would appear the only winner in this trade was Hill himself for getting that guaranteed $. 

#438 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,970 posts

Posted 23 March 2022 - 06:43 PM

What a shrewd trade by KC.

#439 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,197 posts

Posted 23 March 2022 - 07:01 PM

Good post.

I just don't think Tua is that talented a quarterback. Hill will help, but I doubt it helps them that much. Interesting trade though.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#440 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 24 March 2022 - 05:57 AM

WR isn't a position you build your team so these types of contracts will likely only be given out by crap teams with a lot of cap room.  Currently I think some teams this offseason are trying to emulate the Rams' all in approach which will likely fail for most.

• mdrunning likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=