Photo

Caps 2011-12

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

Poll: Will the Caps make the playoffs? (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Will the Caps make the playoffs?

1. Yes (6 votes [85.71%])

Percentage of vote: 85.71%

2. No (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

Kinda boring without too much scoring, but this is a good series for a casual/non-fan. Very tight, edge of your seat hockey.

I was impressed all around. Found myself really pulling for the Caps by game 7, especially in OT.

Very cool that they pulled out the win. I'll be watching next series as well!

@AdamWolff

#82 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

I was impressed all around. Found myself really pulling for the Caps by game 7, especially in OT.

Very cool that they pulled out the win. I'll be watching next series as well!

BOS was the only team in the east that really scared me. And Detroit was the one who worried me in the West. I'm getting a special feeling...
@JeremyMStrain

#83 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

BOS was the only team in the east that really scared me. And Detroit was the one who worried me in the West. I'm getting a special feeling...

One series at time, we've heard the high expectations before, haven't been out of the 2nd round in the Ovie era. Let's not look to far ahead.
@levineps

#84 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:32 PM

One series at time, we've heard the high expectations before, haven't been out of the 2nd round in the Ovie era. Let's not look to far ahead.

Totally different style of play. I think if Holtby is up to it, we win the East. The real test would probably be the Flyers, if OTT and FLA win tomorrow night, we play PHI. If OTT wins and NJ wins we play NJ. If NY wins we play them.
@JeremyMStrain

#85 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

Totally different style of play. I think if Holtby is up to it, we win the East. The real test would probably be the Flyers, if OTT and FLA win tomorrow night, we play PHI. If OTT wins and NJ wins we play NJ. If NY wins we play them.

Yeah I hear the whole "different" thing in some variation just about every year including last year, ill believe it when I see it. Actions louder than words.
@levineps

#86 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

Yeah I hear the whole "different" thing in some variation just about every year including last year, ill believe it when I see it. Actions louder than words.

Uh no, I mean completely different. We were a high powered offensive teams until last year. Last year we were an offensive team trying to play a defensive system. We added more balance in players this year, and got a real defensive coach to run a defensive system, shot blocking, conservative, completely different from what we have played in DC before.

Bandwagon fans (and most of them are) say it's different every year, they can't tell you why though. I can tell you exactly what's different. (notice the fewer shots on offense and more blocks on defense) playing an aggressive neutral trap defense.
@JeremyMStrain

#87 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:54 PM

Uh no, I mean completely different. We were a high powered offensive teams until last year. Last year we were an offensive team trying to play a defensive system. We added more balance in players this year, and got a real defensive coach to run a defensive system, shot blocking, conservative, completely different from what we have played in DC before.

Bandwagon fans (and most of them are) say it's different every year, they can't tell you why though. I can tell you exactly what's different. (notice the fewer shots on offense and more blocks on defense) playing an aggressive neutral trap defense.

If you believe that more power to you. Reminds of hearing phrases thrown around at Spring Training. I'm sure next year will be hearing how "this is the year" again and how it's a "different" team.
@levineps

#88 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

If you believe that more power to you. Reminds of hearing phrases thrown around at Spring Training. I'm sure next year will be hearing how "this is the year" again and how it's a "different" team.

Big difference being an optimistic fan, and a guy that's been around and watching hockey for 25 years. Don't listen to ANYONE who says anything like that in the regular season, because it's an entirely different season of hockey, and how your goalie is playing come April 1st is ALL that matters.

We are basically playing the system that MON beat us with a couple years ago as the #8 seed, it worked well for them until Halak ran out of steam after another 7 games in PIT.

Things are lined up with teams ahead of us not playing well and dealing with injuries, top seeds being upset, and our goalie playing REALLY well at the right time.

If you can't SEE the difference between last year's team and this year's team I don't know what to tell you.
@JeremyMStrain

#89 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:12 PM

Big difference being an optimistic fan, and a guy that's been around and watching hockey for 25 years. Don't listen to ANYONE who says anything like that in the regular season, because it's an entirely different season of hockey, and how your goalie is playing come April 1st is ALL that matters.

We are basically playing the system that MON beat us with a couple years ago as the #8 seed, it worked well for them until Halak ran out of steam after another 7 games in PIT.

Things are lined up with teams ahead of us not playing well and dealing with injuries, top seeds being upset, and our goalie playing REALLY well at the right time.

If you can't SEE the difference between last year's team and this year's team I don't know what to tell you.

Yeah I've heard it before. I'll believe it when they actually advance farther than they have(past the 2nd round and hopefully beyond). That's all. Talk is cheap. And then ill give you credit at that point for calling this.
@levineps

#90 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,607 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:18 PM

Hoping we get the Devs in Round 2.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#91 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

Hoping we get the Devs in Round 2.

I'm far from a Hockey expert but I'm pretty sure NHL reseeds. So the Caps will either get NYR, Florida or Philly in Round 2. I would think you have to be hoping for the Panthers.

#92 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,607 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

I'm far from a Hockey expert but I'm pretty sure NHL reseeds. So the Caps will either get NYR, Florida or Philly in Round 2. I would think you have to be hoping for the Panthers.

Yes, they re-seed. So we cannot play the Panthers or Senators.

@bopper33

#93 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:44 PM

Yes, they re-seed. So we cannot play the Panthers or Senators.

Panthers are the 3 seed, not the Devils.

#94 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,607 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:20 AM

Yes, I know. And the Caps are the 7. No matter what situation plays out it's impossible for the Caps to play the Panthers.

If Florida and New York win we play New York (1) and the Flyers (5) play Florida (3).

If Florida and Ottawa win, we play the Flyers (5) and Ottawa (8) plays Florida (3).

@bopper33

#95 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:14 AM

Yes, I know. And the Caps are the 7. No matter what situation plays out it's impossible for the Caps to play the Panthers.

If Florida and New York win we play New York (1) and the Flyers (5) play Florida (3).

If Florida and Ottawa win, we play the Flyers (5) and Ottawa (8) plays Florida (3).

You're right,if Ottawa and NJ both win the Caps would get the Devils. I agree that would be the best case scenario.

#96 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:10 AM

Stay classy, Boston.

http://www.sbnation....itals-vs-bruins
@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#97 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,279 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:14 AM

Stay classy, Boston.

http://www.sbnation....itals-vs-bruins

Pretty disgusting. At-least instead of anonymous comments, many of them used their real names with their Twitter ID's. They deserve whatever ridicule they receive.

#98 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:05 AM

I am shocked--SHOCKED--that people from Boston would have that kind of reaction to not only their team losing, but losing due to the actions of a black player on the opposing team.

#99 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,619 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

Boston is so used to winning championships they don't know how to act when they don't.

F Boston.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#100 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,607 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

I really can't stand Boston's fans -- it's a shame such a historic, lovely city is made up of that slime.

It's like, you spend 80+ years being New York's bitch, your women are pasty and ugly and your entire population is mostly drunks and racists.

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!

@bopper33

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=