#41 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,235 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

RT by Suggs.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BAf1vhXCAAAeY1m.jpg:large

If there is one team in all of sports that I can rely on for loving the underdog mentality and using it to their advantage, it is the Baltimore Ravens.

#42 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

Edit, wrong thread.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#43 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,235 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

Yes, he is right...I just tweeted Chahida...he won't respond but that's a poor effort from a national writer...very pathetic.

Harbs will just use it as bulletin board material for next week.

#44 1970

All-Star

• Members
  • Pip
  • 740 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

Wagner is spot on about that article, it's garbage. No credit at all to the Ravens. But we're used to that in this town.

I was flipping channels this morning and stopped at the Sports Reporters on ESPN and caught the tail end of a conversation on the game. (I'm paraphrasing here) Adam Schefter said that Flacco outplayed Brady last year and Luck last week and Manning last night. Before he could continue John Saunders cut him off and said "yeah, but he hasn't won a Super Bowl and that's all that matters."

I guess that means Marino and a few other great QBs need to have their busts removed from the HOF.

#45 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,479 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

I was flipping channels this morning and stopped at the Sports Reporters on ESPN and caught the tail end of a conversation on the game. (I'm paraphrasing here) Adam Schefter said that Flacco outplayed Brady last year and Luck last week and Manning last night. Before he could continue John Saunders cut him off and said "yeah, but he hasn't won a Super Bowl and that's all that matters."

I guess that means Marino and a few other great QBs need to have their busts removed from the HOF.

Such terrible and lazy analysis. With the line playing well, and the talent around him, Flacco is as good as anyone. That really can't be debated

#46 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

Keep in mind we're talking about a network who covered the Jets literally 24/7 all off-season.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#47 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,235 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

Keep in mind we're talking about a network who covered the Jets literally 24/7 all off-season.

And all season too.

#48 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

Joe is 5-0 in his teams first playoff game...Manning is 4-8. 8 one and dones for Peyton...amazing.

Ravens now have the second all time winning% in the playoffs...if they win the SB, they go to first.(Green Bay is 1, Pitt is 3..both in way more games obviously.).

#49 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,553 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

Just in terms of the game itself, this has to be the greatest game in Ravens' history right? Easily the game of the year in the NFL.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#50 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

Btw, nice to see Koch punting well again yesterday.

I know the thin air helps but still, he was kicking a brick yesterday and average over 48 yards per punt and 6 of the 8 punts were inside the 20.

#51 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

Such terrible and lazy analysis. With the line playing well, and the talent around him, Flacco is as good as anyone. That really can't be debated

It can't?

ducks....

#52 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

It can't?

ducks....

He does have a leg-up on your QB.

#53 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

He does have a leg-up on your QB.

Hilarious.

#54 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

Hilarious.

You're in stitches?

#55 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,479 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

It can't?

ducks....

Sure, it could be... but those on the other end of this would be wrong... whatever floats their boat I guess.

#56 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

Sure, it could be... but those on the other end of this would be wrong... whatever floats their boat I guess.

To be clear, are you saying that Flacco is as good as anyone under relatively ideal circumstances?

#57 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,479 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

To be clear, are you saying that Flacco is as good as anyone under relatively ideal circumstances?

Ehh, I guess if the truly elite QB's have great protection, talent around them, etc. that they're still a little better... but that if the stars align around him, Flacco can perform comparably. This isn't an argument over who they are (consistently), rather just a statement about how good Flacco can be, at times. Also, my last comment was meant as tongue-in-cheek, forgot the emoticon. ;)

#58 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

Ehh, I guess if the truly elite QB's have great protection, talent around them, etc. that they're still a little better... but that if the stars align around him, Flacco can perform comparably. This isn't an argument over who they are (consistently), rather just a statement about how good Flacco can be, at times. Also, my last comment was meant as tongue-in-cheek, forgot the emoticon. ;)

That's cool and I'll gladly put myself in the "wrong" category then. ;)

Even with a great supporting cast, reading blitzes, reading defenses, not fumbling, consistently being accurate, and running ability are important and I don't think Flacco measures up to some other guys in that category even though he has a fantastic arm.

And again, it's so interesting to me how much winning, how one's teammates play, and how the other team plays affects how people analyze QB's. If the safety makes what should have been an easy pick on the game tying TD last night, I'm guessing the analysis would be quite different. However, what Flacco did on the play is exactly the same regardless of the result. The same can be said in the other direction regarding if Evans held onto that pass last year. He's the same QB either way, but the way he's judged greatly changes based on things like that. Same with Eli and the Tyree catch or countless other examples.

#59 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,479 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

That's cool and I'll gladly put myself in the "wrong" category then. ;)

Even with a great supporting cast, reading blitzes, reading defenses, not fumbling, consistently being accurate, and running ability are important and I don't think Flacco measures up to some other guys in that category even though he has a fantastic arm.

And again, it's so interesting to me how much winning, how one's teammates play, and how the other team plays affects how people analyze QB's. If the safety makes what should have been an easy pick on the game tying TD last night, I'm guessing the analysis would be quite different. However, what Flacco did on the play is exactly the same regardless of the result. The same can be said in the other direction regarding if Evans held onto that pass last year. He's the same QB either way, but the way he's judged greatly changes based on things like that. Same with Eli and the Tyree catch or countless other examples.

It certainly isn't changing my analysis. I've always said Flacco is a great QB when he's protected. He had a great game last night, regardless of the result, IMO.

The line playing great certainly helps Flacco a lot with his deficiencies (reading blitzes and not fumbling). It's why football is the ultimate team game.

Outside of getting one of the true elite's, having a guy like Flacco who can play extremely well when those around him do is really all you can ask for.

#60 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,156 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

There is plenty of truth here. When Flacco wins these next two games, there will be a lot of talk about the 'maturation' of his game. When in-truth he will be the same guy he's been for years. A guy with one of the most talented arms in the league... a guy with flaws... a guy you can win it all with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=