67 replies to this topic

#41 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

Pe'shon Howard hasn't made a field goal yet in conference play. 0-13.
@BSLMikeRandall

#42 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,661 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

They look awful. Absolutely awful.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#43 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

Has there ever been an insurmountable ten-point lead in a basketball game since, you know, 1955?

#44 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,535 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

Needless to say, I want whatever I was on when I predicted a 14-4 ACC record. This is shocking. I know they're young, but this is pathetic. It really is.

#45 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,510 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

So, whoever said before this weekend that the Ravens would outscore the Terps, take a bow.

#46 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

Really hard to watch. Miami is very physical and the Terps have not responded. I feel like I am watching two 13-14 travel teams that can not shoot.
@mikeghg

#47 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

Faust needs to play the point.
@mikeghg

#48 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

Dagger of a 3 for Miami.

Very disappointing game for Maryland.
@mikeghg

#49 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

With a minute to go they fed Len twice on the blocks. Terps break the 40 mark.
@mikeghg

#50 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

Going to have to hit some threes right now.

#51 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

Jay Williams just said Gamble who has 8 whole points has had a big time performance. No one had any big time anything tonight.
@mikeghg

#52 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,535 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

I don't think it's a question of will or heart or anything like that, but Turgeon hasn't had a couple of good coaching games, IMO. Part of it is execution on the players, another is a lack of continuity and identity from Turge's end. He seems deadset on getting regular PT for 8-9 guys.

#53 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,992 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

I think this was the single worst offensive performance I've ever seen.

Absolute joke. Every player and coach should be absolutely ashamed of the bullcrap they put on display tonight.

#54 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Chris, not to much good to post tonight. 54-47 loss. Might want to just go with the bad and ugly.
@mikeghg

#55 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,510 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

Well that was 2 hours I can never get back.

With NC State next followed by a trip to Chapel Hill, it looks like a 1-4 start is a safe bet.

#56 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

BSL: MD loses in Miami; The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
http://baltimorespor...e-bad-the-ugly/

#57 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

I said the 2nd half last night made me start to rethink my whole position on this team. Toight's full game confirmed it. Low basketball IQ combined with just flat out bad shooters of the basketball. No one can consistently hit a jumpshot on this team, whether it's 10 feet or 25 feet.

I want to think this is just a young team with growing pains and I think they can improve in the turnover department. I'm not as confident in finding suitable ballhandlers/distributors or guys are going to become better shooters.

#58 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

I said the 2nd half last night made me start to rethink my whole position on this team. Toight's full game confirmed it. Low basketball IQ combined with just flat out bad shooters of the basketball. No one can consistently hit a jumpshot on this team, whether it's 10 feet or 25 feet.

I want to think this is just a young team with growing pains and I think they can improve in the turnover department. I'm not as confident in finding suitable ballhandlers/distributors or guys are going to become better shooters.

The team has flaws, but the pieces are here to win this year with adjustments from Turgeon. There is no excuse for this team, this year not to be very good... their flaws be damned.

#59 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

The team has flaws, but the pieces are here to win this year with adjustments from Turgeon. There is no excuse for this team, this year not to be very good... their flaws be damned.

Speaking of Turgeon. I've praised the guy a lot over his year and a half here so far but the last two games I was very unhappy with his coaching job as well.

ANyway, I'm starting to question the pieces. We have no shooters and no distributors to set up easy baskets. Two of the more important things in todays college basketball. Every single guard on this team has at least one glaring flaw that can be exposed.

#60 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

Speaking of Turgeon. I've praised the guy a lot over his year and a half here so far but the last two games I was very unhappy with his coaching job as well.

ANyway, I'm starting to question the pieces. We have no shooters and no distributors to set up easy baskets. Two of the more important things in todays college basketball. Every single guard on this team has at least one glaring flaw that can be exposed.

I think you are pointing out legitimate issues, but I still think you can work around that.

Press full court (the depth should help allow for this), and score in transition. You have bigs that can run, and guards/wings (Allen, Faust, Wells, Layman) with the athleticism to attack the basket.

I think Wednesday night will be better, even against a very talented NCST team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=