#41 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

On twitter, Wilbon suggested a trade based around the #3 pick to SAC for Cousins.

Last thing a Wizard fan would want.  Trader Ernie screwing up another high pick.  Good thing he did not take Stephon Curry when Mike Miller and the other stud guard he got were available.  The name escapes me.

@mikeghg

#42 dandrews

dandrews
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:16 PM

Last thing a Wizard fan would want.  Trader Ernie screwing up another high pick.  Good thing he did not take Stephon Curry when Mike Miller and the other stud guard he got were available.  The name escapes me.

I think you're thinking of Randy Foye. That might be one of the worst basketball trades ever.

• Adam Wolff likes this
@dandrews66

#43 dandrews

dandrews
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:17 PM

Booked my tickets to the draft a few days ago. Can't wait to see who the Wizards end up with and most importantly, boo David Stern for his final draft. 

@dandrews66

#44 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:20 PM

I think you're thinking of Randy Foye. That might be one of the worst basketball trades ever.

Yeah, trading a first round pick, especially a high lottery pick, for a couple bench players is never a good idea. And actually, looking it up, we have up Etan Thomas and Darius Songaila, so we basically exchanged bench players and we tossed in the 5th pick in the damn draft. Pathetic.

• dandrews likes this

@AdamWolff

#45 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:09 AM

SI: Mock Draft 3.0
http://sportsillustr...ction=si_latest

#46 dandrews

dandrews
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:46 PM

Been hearing that it's getting less and less likely that Cleveland takes Noel. Apparently there are issues with his handlers and he is blowing off interviews. Pretty amazing that 2 weeks from the draft there are still 6 players that could be considered for number one (Noel, Porter, McLemore, Bennett, Len, and Oladipo) This might completely change the landscape of the draft for the Wizards. What happens if Porter and Bennett go 1-2? Ryen Russillo was on the BS Report yesterday and said he heard the Wizards will not take Noel even if he's there.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
@dandrews66

#47 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:15 PM

Been hearing that it's getting less and less likely that Cleveland takes Noel. Apparently there are issues with his handlers and he is blowing off interviews. Pretty amazing that 2 weeks from the draft there are still 6 players that could be considered for number one (Noel, Porter, McLemore, Bennett, Len, and Oladipo) This might completely change the landscape of the draft for the Wizards. What happens if Porter and Bennett go 1-2? Ryen Russillo was on the BS Report yesterday and said he heard the Wizards will not take Noel even if he's there.

I said right after the lottery not to lock Noel into Cle. A potnetial drop for him doesn;t suprise me in the least. Now, it has surprised me Len has apparently made as big a leap as he has. All while sitting on the sideline. I knew he would go lottery but I didnt think he was ever a legit Top 3 pick.

#48 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:17 PM

I said right after the lottery not to lock Noel into Cle. A potnetial drop for him doesn;t suprise me in the least. Now, it has surprised me Len has apparently made as big a leap as he has. All while sitting on the sideline. I knew he would go lottery but I didnt think he was ever a legit Top 3 pick.

That's because he isn't... This is obviously a pretty bad class in terms of lacking true top level elite talent.

#49 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:08 PM

Well guys, looks like I may have been completely wrong about the Wizards selecting Len third.

http://probasketball...aliers-at-no-1/

I'm going to watch the draft that night, I'm going to see him go number-one, and then I am never going to watch a pro basketball game again.

@DJ_McCann

#50 dandrews

dandrews
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

Well guys, looks like I may have been completely wrong about the Wizards selecting Len third. http://probasketball...aliers-at-no-1/ I'm going to watch the draft that night, I'm going to see him go number-one, and then I am never going to watch a pro basketball game again.

Despite seemingly everyone hating Len, he's a really good prospect. He's flawed, but so is everyone in this draft. Not having a point guard at Maryland really really hurt him
@dandrews66

#51 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:43 PM

Despite seemingly everyone hating Len, he's a really good prospect. He's flawed, but so is everyone in this draft. Not having a point guard at Maryland really really hurt him

Agreed. He has flaws to his game, and he's not ready to be a productive pro... but runs the floor, can play above the rim, works hard...get step out and hit a jumper, shot blocker... real size. He has a chance to develop into something real.

He'd be great on teams like the Clippers, or Denver, or GS that want to run the floor.. where he could beat his guy in transition.

If he is with a team that grinds it out in the 1/2 court, he is going to have to get much stronger, and learn to get better positioning in the post. His hands improved as a Sophomore, but still need a lot of work.

#52 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:49 PM

At this point, my attitude on this draft has become something of a 'There are no sure things, so take someone with the most upside'. Len certainly could be that guy. As Chris mentioned, he does some pretty important things well. He made some really nice strides from his freshman to sophomore season, and although maybe he fell a bit short of our expectations at MD, if he makes that kind of improvement every season he will be a good pro in a few years. In a deeper draft, he'd go somewhere closer to where he should, in the area where players who are mostly projects go. This draft could end up being historically weak, so he gets to be near the top. But you have to draft a flawed player in the draft, so, why not Len?

@AdamWolff

#53 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:08 PM

That's because he isn't... This is obviously a pretty bad class in terms of lacking true top level elite talent.

Even knowing it was such a weak draft I didnt think he would get into the top #3. Congrats to Alex if he does go number #1 overall. I'll be rooting for him.

#54 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:14 PM

Even knowing it was such a weak draft I didnt think he would get into the top #3. Congrats to Alex if he does go number #1 overall. I'll be rooting for him.

Yeah, I will to, to be clear. he's just fairly unrefined for such a high pick usually. I see the upside though, we'll see.

#55 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:32 PM

I think I'd take Len over Noel. Not saying he'd be my #1 pick, though.

Btw, how high Noel is rated is interesting relative to the Bill Russell conversation.

#56 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:34 PM

I think I'd take Len over Noel. Not saying he'd be my #1 pick, though.
Btw, how high Noel is rated is interesting relative to the Bill Russell conversation.

I too would prefer Len to Noel.

Would take Oladipo or McLemore over both of them though.

#57 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:04 AM

If Len is selected #1, looks like he'll be the first college player to be selected at that without playing an NCAA Tourney game since Mychal Thompson in 1978.

• Adam Wolff likes this
@levineps

#58 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:28 AM

Andy Glockner @AndyGlockner 33m

Oladipo the No. 1 guy on NBA folks' composite board. Not surprising.

Not surprising to me either...been saying I think he ends up being the best player in the draft(or at least one of the best).

#59 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

Wiz might trade #3 pick for Luol Deng!?

http://espn.go.com/b...3-pick-explored

@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#60 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:33 PM

Wiz might trade #3 pick for Luol Deng!?

http://espn.go.com/b...3-pick-explored

Was just going to post this. Very interesting. Okafor would need to be included to make it work financially. 

@AdamWolff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=