#81 Can_of_corn

Can_of_corn

Lacks Fancy Title

• Members
  • Pip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:51 PM

I said there was a bigger issue. You don't miss games like Nolan did, when as hot as Nolan was, just for some neck spasms.

Let us hope for a speedy and full recovery.

Well I hear Linda Ronstadt is looking for a guitar player.

#82 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:28 AM

I said there was a bigger issue. You don't miss games like Nolan did, when as hot as Nolan was, just for some neck spasms.

Let us hope for a speedy and full recovery.

Hate to say it, but it's going to linger. Will have ups and downs when it flares up, but there will be periods where it doesn't bother him at all.

I have the same issue in the same discs. It crippled me at first for a couple weeks, then I was better for months, and I'm having my first flare up since, not AS severe as the first time, but the headaches it causes are worse than the actual pain through the neck and shoulders.
@JeremyMStrain

#83 NCRaven

NCRaven
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:01 AM

Nolan Reimold, meet Nick Johnson. This is were your career is headed if you can't stay healthy. Injuries aren't either player's fault and yet you can't depend on either of them to be in the lineup when you need them (like all the time). Of the three starting outfielders, it is clear to me that Adam Jones is the best and I now think we should do our best to sign him long-term. He plays everyday, like Nick but un-like Nolan, and provides a power bat in the middle of the lineup (like Nolan if he wasn't leading off but unlike Nick who just doesn't have the power that we once hoped for). I'd offer him 5/$75mil tomorrow and make him turn me down.

#84 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:28 PM

We need a healthy Nolan.

There are a lot of things going right now. Nolan's performance being one of them. Nolan vs Endy is a huge, huge difference IMO in the lineup.

I hope he can get back very soon.

@AdamWolff

#85 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:36 PM

We need a healthy Nolan.

There are a lot of things going right now. Nolan's performance being one of them. Nolan vs Endy is a huge, huge difference IMO in the lineup.

I hope he can get back very soon.

Yeah Rob and I were talking about this a couple weeks ago, I told him Nolan would hit 30 if he was healthy this year. That neck thing is going to slow him down. Mine flared up this week and it's sapping everything out of me.
@JeremyMStrain

#86 Moose Milligan

Moose Milligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:29 AM

It's a shame that this dude can never stay healthy. If it's not one thing, it's another.

He's having an awesome year and being hamstrung (no pun intended) with injuries here and there is sad to see. Hopefully this isn't anything serious long term and he can get back out there and keep mashing. He's been a pleasant surprise so far.

#87 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,236 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:11 PM

MASN: http://www.masnsport...eading-off.html

Reimold headed to the DL. Last game was the 30th, so if they make his stay retroactive; hopefully he is not gone too long. Still disappointing, and still hoping the disc overall gets livable with some additional rest.

#88 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

Reimold headed to the DL. Last game was the 30th, so if they make his stay retroactive; hopefully he is not gone too long. Still disappointing, and still hoping the disc overall gets livable with some additional rest.

Rest is the key. Took me a solid 3 weeks of resting and doing nothing to get it functional again. I'd say he's out a month.
@JeremyMStrain

#89 Can_of_corn

Can_of_corn

Lacks Fancy Title

• Members
  • Pip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:43 PM

I knew this was going to end up with a DL trip.

Sure wish they had just put him on the DL while they were on the west coast. Buck seems to love holding guys out in case they get healthy enough to play while shortening the bench.

#90 Can_of_corn

Can_of_corn

Lacks Fancy Title

• Members
  • Pip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

He received an epidural today, he won't be back by the 16th.

How can a team function with two healthy outfielders on the 40 man?

#91 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,236 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:39 PM

MLB.com / Ghiroli: Reimold not improving the way the Orioles had hoped.

#92 Can_of_corn

Can_of_corn

Lacks Fancy Title

• Members
  • Pip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:24 PM

From Eddie in the yard:

Bulging disk in #Orioles LF Nolan Reimold's neck isn't improving after 1st epidural. Club considering continuing w/ series of 3 injections.

Not pleased to have been right about this one. Lets hope the series works better for him then Teargarden.
  • SammyBirdland likes this

#93 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,236 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:52 AM

MASN / Kubatko: Reimold undecided about 2nd epidural
http://www.masnsport...d-epidural.html

"Reimold is leaning in that direction, but he's been told that the shot will only ease the pain he's experiencing from a herniated disk in his cervical spine, not the numbness and weakness in his left thumb, arm and shoulder.

"The pain I can tolerate," he said.

"The doctor said we can do another one, but there's no guarantee it will help. He thinks it's progressing, which it has. I feel better. I'm working out and doing all the stuff to stay in the best shape I can, doing all the exercises that I can. But we may just take some time.

"I might get the shot. He said there's a better chance it will help the pain than the numbness and the weakness. The strength is coming back. If I didn't play baseball, I wouldn't get another one, but since I do... It's not like I can perform well when I have numbness and weakness. It's just one of those things that may take some time."

#94 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:32 AM

He may be out for a long while.

#95 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:49 PM

This just seems like something that could really linger on..

@AdamWolff

#96 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,236 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:34 PM

This just seems like something that could really linger on..

Certainly could. At-least him and his Doctor both say it is improving.

#97 LanceRinker

LanceRinker

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts
  • LocationPlano, TX

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

None of this is a good sign for Reimold - if the series of injections don't work as hoped than his final option may be surgery. Especially if physical therapy and/or rest isn't doing him much good.

I found a link that kind of explains his injury in more detail.

http://bulging-disc-in-neck.net/

Here's another link to a site I found that talks about the low rate of success surgical procedures have for this type of injury.

http://www.healyourb...sc-surgery.html

I'm not a doctor so I couldn't really tell you the first thing about the best procedures and treatments for getting better from what Reimold is dealing with, but I was curious and decided to look up some info.

Either way, it doesn't sound good and I know he feels like crap about it because this was looking like a true breakout season for him. If he's not able to come back, or if he's just unable to produce at the level he was before his injury than he may very well never be given a realistic shot at a full time job in the majors again.

#98 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,236 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:09 PM

Reimold received the 2nd epidural Friday (the 25th), with the expectation that it would be known within several days if he was feeling better. Have I missed any updates?

#99 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:10 PM

Reimold received the 2nd epidural Friday (the 25th), with the expectation that it would be known within several days if he was feeling better. Have I missed any updates?

I could have sworn I saw him in the dugout over the weekend. Can anyone confirm?
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#100 Can_of_corn

Can_of_corn

Lacks Fancy Title

• Members
  • Pip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:42 PM

From Roch on Twitter

"Told that Reimold is headed to Sarasota to continue rehab after 2nd epidural. Positive sign. Can hear more at 630 on O's extra on MASN"

I don't have access to MASN so if anything interesting is reported please let me know.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=