• Please log in to reply
303 replies to this topic

#21 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:21 PM

Following up his double in the 9th Wednesday, Reimold had 3 hits today including a double and his 1st HR. The double was crushed to right. I really liked that after singling in the 8th, he was able to steal 2nd and get into scoring position.

On the 'ugly' side, that ball he may have lost in the lights, allowed Bautista to score.

I think Reimold would have major numbers playing in Toronto, filling up those gaps.

#22 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

Reimold really carried us tonight, glad to see his bust out with a big game when we needed it. I agree, he would light it up in Toronto.

#23 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

How crushed was Reimold's shot today?

#24 Can_of_corn

Can_of_corn

Lacks Fancy Title

• Members
  • Pip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

How crushed was Reimold's shot today?

Third deck but close to the line.

http://mlb.mlb.com/m... ... mode=video

Well I hear Linda Ronstadt is looking for a guitar player.

#25 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

I'm just glad to see Reimold getting consistent PAs. I always thought he could be an above average 3rd OF (behind Jones and Markakis) if he was consistently in the lineup. I know the season is only 8 games old, but I'm very encouraged from what I've seen from Reimold and actually am pleased with him in the lead off spot.
@brobey1

#26 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

After tonight's game against the White Sox, is there any reason why Reimold shouldn't be starting almost every game in LF?

I just don't see the reason to start Chavez 3-4 times a week.

#27 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:55 PM

Envy Chavez has no business starting over Reimold. Reimold could have a broken leg and I would rather have Reimold out there over Chavez.
@brobey1

#28 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

He will have moments where he is down again, but Reimold when he is hot, just scorches the Earth.

#29 ravens8589

ravens8589

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:22 PM

He will have moments where he is down again, but Reimold when he is hot, just scorches the Earth.

I have been sold on this guy for a long time. He is the real deal. Like any hitter, he will hit his lull but when he is on fire, game over. Great to see!
@Langley486

#30 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

I'll start out by saying that I'm fully aware that Reimold is prone to these hot streaks and he'll be back down to Earth soon. I'm also aware that he's had injury issues and personal issues that have contributed to his decline the past 2 years.

That being said, this team was absolutely dreadful in 2010 and 2011. For Reimold to just now be getting real consistent AB's, just doesn't make much sense.

Think of all the stopgap, old retreads that took AB's away from this guy the past two seasons. I don't even care that he didn't "earn" a starting job the past two seasons. Chris Davis didn't "earn" the 1B job this season but he's taking advantage of it so far.

Reimold should have gotten more of an opportunity and hopefully this serves as a lesson for this organization going forward. Play the young guys as much as possible so they can be as advanced as possible when the team is in position to at least stay relevant.
@PeterDiLutis

#31 Coker

Coker

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

After tonights game, Reimold is now hitting at a .351/.368/1.125 clip.

#32 ravens8589

ravens8589

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:48 PM

He is tearing it up right now. I am very happy for him after the past couple of seasons of struggles and injuries.
@Langley486

#33 MattCLund

MattCLund
  • Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

He's getting that belt-high fastball in and not missing it. That ball must look like a beachball to him right now, which is an awesome groove to be in.
@MattCLund

#34 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,359 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:46 PM

It would be huge for this organization if he becomes a star or near star player, which I do believe he can be.

I recall plenty of people advocating going after guys like Cuddyer and Willingham to take Reimold's spot, now I know small sample size and all, but those arguments are looking even worse than they already did imo.

#35 Nuclear Dish

Nuclear Dish

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationZichron Yaakov, Israel

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:33 AM

When was the last time we had an OF hit more than 30 HR?

Luke Scott and Aubrey Huff were essentially DHs.

Jay Gibbons? Never hit more than 28 HR in a season.

Believe it or not, it's been since Albert Belle in 1999. I'd love to see Reimold end that drought.

"Three thousand years of beautiful tradition, from Moses to Sandy Koufax..."

-Walter Sobchak

#36 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:36 AM

Man, I was worried about Reimold. For the first few games, he was hitting dribblers to the infield every time he came to the plate. He has really turned things around. I hope he keeps this going.

He's showing us why all those teams were after him this offseason.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#37 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:12 AM

I'm still not convinced about him defensively, but he is definitely tearing the cover off the ball right now. We've got bigger defensive liabilities, though, so he's going to get the bulk of playing time in LF. Hopefully we'll see more nice, rangy plays like the one into the LF gap in the 7th tonight and fewer bobbled singles turned into doubles or errors. He's got the skills to be a very good player.

The comp I've always hoped for with him is Jason Bay. I think he's got that type of power.

#38 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:10 AM

Man, I was worried about Reimold. For the first few games, he was hitting dribblers to the infield every time he came to the plate. He has really turned things around. I hope he keeps this going.

He's showing us why all those teams were after him this offseason.

I see you aren't a foxhole guy! LOL

This is great to see with Nolan. MWeb is exactly right. So many people wanted us to sign a LFer that is essentially the same player as Reimold but not with his upside.

The bottom line is when Reimold is healthy, he brings speed, power and OBP to the team. The problem with Reimold is, no matter how great he can look, you can't rely on him yet to give you a full season.

Hopefully that is about to change because he is an 800-850 OPS OFer and with his contract and service time, if that is what he can be on a year in and year out basis, it is enormous for this team.

#39 NCRaven

NCRaven
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

SSS aside, this is why it's so important that Reimold and Chris Davis be given every opportunity to show what they can do this season. Are they a legitimate part of our future? Could they bring back high end prospects in exchange? Or will they turn out to be AAAA fodder? We need to find out so we can take appropriate action in the future.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#40 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:32 AM

SSS aside, this is why it's so important that Reimold and Chris Davis be given every opportunity to show what they can do this season. Are they a legitimate part of our future? Could they bring back high end prospects in exchange? Or will they turn out to be AAAA fodder? We need to find out so we can take appropriate action in the future.

Exactly.

In the offseason, many were advocating adding Carlos Pena and either Cuddyer or Willingham.

Other than adding someone they have heard of and upping the payroll, what would those 2 signings have accomplished?

These guys are very important to the Orioles right now.

If Davis flops, so be it. But he could be our Carlos Pena, just from 5 years ago. That would be huge for this team.

Same with Reimold. Reimold could be a borderline AS player or he could be nothing.

But signing a 770 OPS OFer who is on the wrong side of 30, to a multi year, expensive contract just made no sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=