HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 14 March 2024 - 09:54 AM

Baby steps...

Jake Rill
@JakeDRill
#Orioles’ Kyle Bradish (right UCL sprain) said he threw 20 fastballs during yesterday’s mound bullpen session, called it “another step in the right direction.” He feels good and will get on the mound again soon.
10:16 AM · Mar 14, 2024

https://twitter.com/...280020961632648

• Mackus likes this

#123 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 14 March 2024 - 10:01 AM

Baby steps...

Jake Rill
@JakeDRill
#Orioles’ Kyle Bradish (right UCL sprain) said he threw 20 fastballs during yesterday’s mound bullpen session, called it “another step in the right direction.” He feels good and will get on the mound again soon.
10:16 AM · Mar 14, 2024

https://twitter.com/...280020961632648

Let me know after he starts snapping off the sliders and still feels good. No trying to be negative but for me thats when I would let myself start to believe again.

#124 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,223 posts

Posted 14 March 2024 - 11:29 AM

I think the Orioles need another quality starter and expecting Bradish to contribute anything significant this year is wishful thinking.  Not saying it's impossible but I think if you're Elias, you have to assume he's not going to be available in 2024. 

#125 RichardZ

RichardZ

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 14 March 2024 - 11:43 AM

Let me know after he starts snapping off the sliders and still feels good. No trying to be negative but for me thats when I would let myself start to believe again.

Really, the only time to believe is when he's in ML games looking like the pitcher he was over the last 1 1/2 years. I'm cautiously optimistic but still not expecting the best case scenario.

#126 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 14 March 2024 - 06:06 PM

What’s best case scenario? Back by July? 

I feel like they’re skating on thin ice with the rotation they have without Bradish. And a questionable BP. 

Not exactly loving the pitching situation headed into the season. 

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#127 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,823 posts

Posted 14 March 2024 - 06:33 PM

What’s best case scenario? Back by July?

I feel like they’re skating on thin ice with the rotation they have without Bradish. And a questionable BP.

Not exactly loving the pitching situation headed into the season.

July is on the longer side of the recovery spectrum, assuming the recovery works and he doesn't eventually need UCL surgery. 3-6 months is typical from what I've found searching.

#128 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 14 March 2024 - 08:03 PM

I feel like all the updates have been about Bradish.  What about Means, any news on him?

#129 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 14 March 2024 - 08:31 PM

I feel like all the updates have been about Bradish. What about Means, any news on him?

He threw yesterday, but I’ve never seen any details or timelines or anything.

https://twitter.com/...000624677773812

#130 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,585 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 16 March 2024 - 06:31 AM

I feel like all the updates have been about Bradish. What about Means, any news on him?

He’s not even really hurt, they just intentionally delayed his build up. I’m assuming because it’s an easy way to manage his innings and allow him to pitch late in the season/post-season.
  • makoman likes this

#131 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 16 March 2024 - 07:48 AM

He’s not even really hurt, they just intentionally delayed his build up. I’m assuming because it’s an easy way to manage his innings and allow him to pitch late in the season/post-season.

This was my impression too. That he’s healthy now, he just couldn’t throw much of the offseason so he’s just behind and still building up.

#132 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 16 March 2024 - 11:48 AM

Easy to say nothings wrong and just taking it slow for now. But it does make some sense and hopefully it was always the plan all along. I just dont like that he was shut down again at the end of last year. Im a bit leery

#133 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 16 March 2024 - 12:53 PM

For whatever it's worth...seems like he's on track. I understand skepticism though.

Roch Kubatko
@masnRoch
John Means threw live BP yesterday for 2nd time. 1 inning. Next is 2-inning session. Then hoping to get in game if there’s time #orioles
9:54 AM · Mar 16, 2024

#134 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 09 April 2024 - 12:48 PM

Bradish joining Aberdeen today, starting rehab assignment soon.

https://twitter.com/...753008438120546
  • BSLChrisStoner, BobPhelan, Nigel Tufnel and 1 other like this

#135 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 09 April 2024 - 01:21 PM

Bradish joining Aberdeen today, starting rehab assignment soon.

https://twitter.com/...753008438120546

Fingers will be crossed for the rest of season.

#136 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 09 April 2024 - 02:25 PM

If Bradish can't start or there are innings limitations due to his injury, he would probably be a badass reliever.

Just saying.

#137 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,266 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 09 April 2024 - 02:30 PM

If Bradish can't start or there are innings limitations due to his injury, he would probably be a badass reliever.

Just saying.

Major waste although I hear what you are saying.  My problem is this. When you get to a long relief guy it means you starter crapped the bed (unless it there was an injury or rain delay). Not where we need Bradish. 

8th inning guy? Perhaps but again seems like much less than optimal for his skillset.

#138 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 09 April 2024 - 03:35 PM

Major waste although I hear what you are saying. My problem is this. When you get to a long relief guy it means you starter crapped the bed (unless it there was an injury or rain delay). Not where we need Bradish.

8th inning guy? Perhaps but again seems like much less than optimal for his skillset.

It's not ideal obviously, but if the doctors say he can only pitch like 85 innings safely this year, I'd make those innings count. He could probably be an utterly dominant 8th inning guy, or even a closer if Kimbrel falters.

#139 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 09 April 2024 - 04:08 PM

It's not ideal obviously, but if the doctors say he can only pitch like 85 innings safely this year, I'd make those innings count. He could probably be an utterly dominant 8th inning guy, or even a closer if Kimbrel falters.

I think it would be easier to manage him as a starter vs. out of the pen.  

#140 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 09 April 2024 - 04:21 PM

I think it would be easier to manage him as a starter vs. out of the pen.

Could be right. But, with Means returning, and Kremer and Wells pitching credibly, I'd like it if they tried to get creative in trying to fix the bullpen.

Now, if they believe he can just start and finish the year in the rotation, then go nuts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=