182 replies to this topic

#141 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,872 posts

Posted 06 January 2024 - 09:20 PM

Nothing makes me smile like watching TJ Watt slamming the ground in pain.

#142 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 06 January 2024 - 09:30 PM

Stone exited. Hopefully nothing serious.

Found this in an article on twitter:

Defensive end Odafe Oweh, safety Geno Stone and linebacker Del'Shawn Phillips all left the game with injuries, but should not miss any extended time past the first-round bye.

#143 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 06 January 2024 - 09:52 PM

I hate to admit this but I don't want to see them in the playoffs. The overall talent level between the two teams isn't that close but for some reason, the Steelers know how to beat the Ravens and it scares me as a fan. They need to be eliminated tomorrow.

Yeah, but the cost of them being eliminated tomorrow would mean Buffalo gets in.  I know a lot of people here say they aren't worried about Buffalo, but imo they are the one team that has a good chance of coming to Baltimore and winning.  I know they haven't looked like themselves this year, but they are seasoned and playoff tested.  Weather won't bother them, and they have Josh Allen who is as much an X factor to their team as Lamar is to the Ravens.  The road to the SB gets a hell of a lot easier for the Ravens, imo, if Buffalo is sitting home watching.

The Steelers won an early game up there with one big play in the 4th quarter.  They won today in a game that didn't matter to the Ravens.  I would expect a third time in Baltimore for the playoffs would result in a blood bath in the Ravens favor.  I can't say the same if Buffalo comes in here.  

#144 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,575 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 06 January 2024 - 10:21 PM

The Steelers are pretty bad. Without Watt if we can't beat them we don't deserve anything.

#145 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,466 posts

Posted 06 January 2024 - 10:31 PM

I hate to admit this but I don't want to see them in the playoffs. The overall talent level between the two teams isn't that close but for some reason, the Steelers know how to beat the Ravens and it scares me as a fan. They need to be eliminated tomorrow.

Give me Pitt in the playoffs everytime over Buffalo. That will be what it comes down to if Jacksonville and Miami both win tomorrow

• PrimeTime likes this

#146 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 06 January 2024 - 10:36 PM

I wouldn't consider Pittsburgh terrible.  They did win 10 games.  They swept the Ravens, and even though today meant nothing, they shut down the Raven's offense in the second half of the first game.  Without Fitzpatrick and Watt their defense would take a huge hit.  It would be like the Ravens losing Roquan and Hamilton.  

Pittsburgh is in that third tier of teams all bunched up hoping for a playoff birth.  Houston, Indy, Green Bay, anyone from the NFC South.  Their biggest problem is at QB.  Pickett did not make the needed leap to be considered a franchise QB.  Mason Rudolph has looked fairly good these past few games, but is he a franchise QB?  I think there is enough doubt there to say no.  

If Pittsburgh somehow makes a third trip to Baltimore, it won't be pretty.  This is not the Ben Roethlisberger Steelers that will come into Baltimore and steal a win.  

#147 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 06 January 2024 - 11:13 PM

This loss still stings. I don't care if it was our B team. I'll think about the playoffs after tomorrow's games. Getting swept by the Steelers leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
  • cprenegade likes this

#148 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 07 January 2024 - 12:35 AM

This loss still stings. I don't care if it was our B team. I'll think about the playoffs after tomorrow's games. Getting swept by the Steelers leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I get it, rivalry's are like that.  But I guarantee if Buffalo, Cleveland or KC comes in and beats the Ravens it will sting a lot more than losing a game when all of the Ravens starters were resting in the rain.  

#149 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 07 January 2024 - 03:44 AM

I get it, rivalry's are like that. But I guarantee if Buffalo, Cleveland or KC comes in and beats the Ravens it will sting a lot more than losing a game when all of the Ravens starters were resting in the rain.

That doesn't exactly make me feel better about today but ok.

#150 SonicAttack

SonicAttack
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 07 January 2024 - 08:01 AM

I loathe the Steelers but hope Watt is OK, he is a beast!  

#151 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,319 posts

Posted 07 January 2024 - 08:18 AM

I loathe the Steelers but hope Watt is OK, he is a beast!  

I loathe them too and I could care less if Watt is OK or not.  We have enough to deal with regarding injuries.  It must have been a delayed reaction because I have this terrible taste in my mouth this morning from yesterday's game.  It just really bugs the shit out of me that they've beaten us so many times over the past several years.  I don't want to face them in the play-offs.  I know everyone on here fears Buffalo but to me, it will be no worse than facing Miami or KC and at some point, it's going to have to happen anyway.  

#152 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,085 posts

Posted 07 January 2024 - 08:24 AM

Getting out of that game without any injuries is far more important than winning. All objectives met, good week.
  • BobPhelan, NewMarketSean and TwentyThirtyFive like this

#153 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,711 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 07 January 2024 - 09:51 AM

Give me Pitt in the playoffs everytime over Buffalo. That will be what it comes down to if Jacksonville and Miami both win tomorrow

Pittsburgh has gotten the better of us the last few times out but I would be very curious to see how Lamar would look against them now that he's more comfortable in Monken's offense.
  • bmore_ken likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#154 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,466 posts

Posted 07 January 2024 - 09:55 AM

The bottom line is all these teams are going to give it their all no matter who it is we face. Any of them can beat us. But you start with the QBs you could face. Mason Rudolph and Joe Flacco arent Tua or Josh Allen.

#155 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,085 posts

Posted 07 January 2024 - 10:09 AM

I think the Browns and Steelers are clearly the two worst teams left in the mix, but division games don't follow that type of linear logic because of the familiarity. I still think the Steelers stink, so they are the team I'd like to face the most even considering same division. But I'd probably pick games against Jacksonville and Houston rather than Cleveland.

#156 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,466 posts

Posted 07 January 2024 - 10:16 AM

The interesting thing is Buf is the only team we can face in the divisional round that wont be a rematch. If it were to be Pitt or Cle it would obviously be the 3rd time we played them this year

#157 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,370 posts

Posted 07 January 2024 - 11:14 AM

I think the Browns and Steelers are clearly the two worst teams left in the mix, but division games don't follow that type of linear logic because of the familiarity. I still think the Steelers stink, so they are the team I'd like to face the most even considering same division. But I'd probably pick games against Jacksonville and Houston rather than Cleveland.

I don't think Cleveland is one of the two worst teams left. Don't buy that at all. 

#158 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,466 posts

Posted 07 January 2024 - 11:21 AM

I don't think Cleveland is one of the two worst teams left. Don't buy that at all. 

I could argue that they are if Jacksonville doesnt make it. Cle isnt better than Buf, Mia, or KC. So the argument comes down to them vs Houston. Flacco is about to be exposed in a big way but I know people dont want to see that or believe it. BTW they have no running game to lean on either. Now, their D can be really good but as someone said on here recently Joe isnt going to put up more than 20 to beat anyone in a playoff game. I personally would rather face Cle than Hou but I know many will disagree. I would clearly rank CLe over Jacksonville if Jacksonville wins today. Especially since it seems Lawrence wont be 100%

#159 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,085 posts

Posted 07 January 2024 - 11:36 AM

Who's worse? I think Jacksonville is better, assuming Lawrence is healthy. Houston is better, IMO. Still, would rather play those teams because divisional games are more likely to be won by an inferior team than out-of-division games (this thesis needs some scrutiny).

#160 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 07 January 2024 - 11:38 AM

I think Lamar would have lit that defense up yesterday. Can't stress enough how much space the Ravens WR were running around with throughout the game, and Huntley WOULD NOT throw the ball. Dude had zero confidence in himself, no exaggeration.

Bring PIT back here for a playoff game, I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=