182 replies to this topic

#181 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 07 January 2024 - 09:10 PM

Ehh, they've scored 30+ 3 out of 5 games. Flacco has had 3 passing TDs in each.

If anything because he's been playing feast or famine (TDs or ints) they're more likely to get into a shootout.

I don't see that happening in the playoffs, but maybe I'm wrong.  Flacco did have a couple of long bomb TDs in that run.  I just don't see them winning a shoot out.  But like I said, maybe I'm doubting Flacco too much.  He is so streaky.  If he gets into a groove he is capable of carving up any secondary if his Oline gives him time.  

#182 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,568 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 08 January 2024 - 03:37 AM

I don't see that happening in the playoffs, but maybe I'm wrong. Flacco did have a couple of long bomb TDs in that run. I just don't see them winning a shoot out. But like I said, maybe I'm doubting Flacco too much. He is so streaky. If he gets into a groove he is capable of carving up any secondary if his Oline gives him time.

I think that the defense is so good that even if Flacco puts them in a bad spot by throwing a few picks it doesn't really matter as long as he puts points up. The defense is going to allow more points that aren't their fault but they're able to get more stops than most teams.

The Jets have a pretty good passing defense, so its impressive he was able to put up good numbers against them, but he can take whatever risks he wants against them because whoever they're running out at QB isn't going to do crap against that defense.

#183 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 08 January 2024 - 12:10 PM

I think that the defense is so good that even if Flacco puts them in a bad spot by throwing a few picks it doesn't really matter as long as he puts points up. The defense is going to allow more points that aren't their fault but they're able to get more stops than most teams.

The Jets have a pretty good passing defense, so its impressive he was able to put up good numbers against them, but he can take whatever risks he wants against them because whoever they're running out at QB isn't going to do crap against that defense.

If you saw some of the highlights, it really wasn't impressive.  The Jets defense had obviously given up on the season because they weren't even trying to tackle on some of the big plays.  Multiple screens that went like 30-40+ yards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=