• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,156 posts

Posted 01 January 2024 - 07:10 PM

ESPN's Match-up Predictor gives the Ravens an 82% chance of winning. 

The Ravens are 3.5 point dogs.

ESPN: Ravens QB Lamar Jackson's status for Week 18 not yet decided

https://www.espn.com...not-yet-decided

#2 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,061 posts

Posted 01 January 2024 - 07:51 PM

I would hate for the Ravens to allow the Steelers to make the playoffs, and I hate the thought that Pitt will sweep the season series, but I would be beside myself if they suffered serious injuries in a meaningless game just for pride's sake.

#3 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,104 posts

Posted 01 January 2024 - 07:55 PM

Buffalo controls its own destiny and anything can happen in the playoffs anyway but there is a real good chance a Pitt win and a Buf loss means Pitt gets in over Buffalo. You really dont want Buffalo in the dance. I say that as someone who got in on their SB odds when it dipped to its lowest. Just keep them out of the dance.

#4 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,104 posts

Posted 01 January 2024 - 07:56 PM

Also the Steelers are 3.5 point favs. Not the Ravens.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#5 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,156 posts

Posted 01 January 2024 - 08:00 PM

Also the Steelers are 3.5 point favs. Not the Ravens.

Whoops. 

Obviously Vegas doesn't expect the Ravens to be playing their starters for any significant amount of snaps.

#6 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,286 posts

Posted 01 January 2024 - 08:11 PM

Buffalo controls its own destiny and anything can happen in the playoffs anyway but there is a real good chance a Pitt win and a Buf loss means Pitt gets in over Buffalo. You really dont want Buffalo in the dance. I say that as someone who got in on their SB odds when it dipped to its lowest. Just keep them out of the dance.

Buffalo is the team that scares me as well. Watching Cleveland, Flacco has been good, but he's also thrown a lot of incompletions that should have been interceptions. They have a great defense, which plays in January. So I'm not 100% interested in playing them either. KC doesn't really scare me. Miami did, but after last week, those fears kind of disappeared. Jacksonville and whoever gets the 7 don't really scare me either.

#7 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,104 posts

Posted 01 January 2024 - 08:17 PM

The only issue with Cle and I guess Pitt should they somehow get to the divisional round is familiarity. That is often a real thing between divisional teams

#8 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 01 January 2024 - 08:35 PM

Conflicted... in the gaggle of possible playoff opponents, I'd much rather have the Steelers offense as a possible visitor than the Bills. But I also would be perfectly content with ending Pittsburgh's season on Saturday evening even if it's with backups.

#9 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 01 January 2024 - 09:02 PM

The chances of the Ravens meeting the Steelers in the playoffs are very slim.  If Pittsburgh gets in, they will be the #7 seed and would have to beat Miami as the #2 seed.  I can't see that happening.  While I am not as sold on  Miami as some of the national press seemed to be, I think their offense would give a Pittsburgh secondary without Minkah FItzpatrick a tough time.  

The Bills are a team that could be a lot of trouble if they get in.  They are a team that was left for dead a few weeks ago.   One good thing for the Ravens, if the Bills get in as the #2 seed, they would play KC assuming both win their WC games.  That means the Ravens would not have to beat both to get to the SB.  I know KC has looked quite mortal lately, but they are one of those teams that until the stake is driven through their heart, I can't count them out.  

#10 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 01 January 2024 - 09:13 PM

There might be a lot of trouble brewing in Pittsburgh.  Reports are coming out that Kenny Pickett refused to back up Mason Rudolph and that's why he was deactivated on Sunday.  If that's true, it's laughable.  Kenny Pickett has built no credibility to make a diva stance like that.  I would guess he would be deactivated again if it does turn out to be true.  

#11 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,061 posts

Posted 01 January 2024 - 10:59 PM

There might be a lot of trouble brewing in Pittsburgh. Reports are coming out that Kenny Pickett refused to back up Mason Rudolph and that's why he was deactivated on Sunday. If that's true, it's laughable. Kenny Pickett has built no credibility to make a diva stance like that. I would guess he would be deactivated again if it does turn out to be true.

I would guess he'll be off the team in the off-season, and if I were Pittsburgh I'd be making a strong push to either trade with Chicago for Fields or #1 overall.

#12 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 02 January 2024 - 01:01 AM

I would guess he'll be off the team in the off-season, and if I were Pittsburgh I'd be making a strong push to either trade with Chicago for Fields or #1 overall.

Hope not. I want them to give him another year, so they can underachieve next year. Call it their Boller Era, waste one more year giving him a chance to show more.

#13 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 02 January 2024 - 11:50 AM

2019 the Steelers needed a win to get in, and the Ravens started the second stringers and won the game anyway. Gus was a 2nd stringer at the time and had 100+ yards rushing on the day. 

The infamous "mustard pants" game (hot take, not their worst uniform) they beat the Steelers when they needed a win to get in as well, one of only five Ravens Ws that season. 

As always, conventional wisdom never applies when these two teams play. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#14 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,453 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 02 January 2024 - 01:01 PM

Whoever takes the field for the Ravens will play like their hair is on fire. It will be a tight game. That's how it always is in these games.

#15 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,481 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 January 2024 - 01:20 PM

I honestly couldn't care less. Almost prefer a loss, as gross as that is to say when playing this shit team. It could be a pay it forward move. Could use the motivation in our first matchup against them next season, when it will actually matter - of having lost 3 straight to these asshats (if they lose Sunday).

A loss Sunday would also further deteriorate their draft stock, and if Miami wins - would only further bolster Pittsburgh's meta flexes with another playoff appearance leading them to believe they have what it takes in-house, rather than blowing it up like anyone with a brain knows they should do.

• TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#16 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 02 January 2024 - 02:44 PM

Best case scenario is to play like its 2019, go out and beat Pittsburgh with their second team. That would be a glorious way to end the regular season. They're not going to lie down for the Steelers, that's for sure.

#17 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 02 January 2024 - 03:13 PM

The crew that blew the Lions/Cowboys game has been assigned this game.

"Let's give them a game that doesn't matter."

@BSLMikeRandall

#18 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 02 January 2024 - 03:16 PM

Ronnie Stanley reports as eligible the first play of the game just to dick with them.

@BSLMikeRandall

#19 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 02 January 2024 - 03:27 PM

It seemed like the game Sunday was at least tolerable with the officiating. They butchered one call early in the game and then became a non factor for the most part. Its hard for them to ruin games that are runaway blowouts.

#20 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 02 January 2024 - 03:48 PM

It seemed like the game Sunday was at least tolerable with the officiating. They butchered one call early in the game and then became a non factor for the most part. Its hard for them to ruin games that are runaway blowouts.

are you talking about the OPI call where Likely just kind of stood there and turned around?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

Our Sponsors

width=