182 replies to this topic

#21 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 02 January 2024 - 04:01 PM

are you talking about the OPI call where Likely just kind of stood there and turned around?

Yep.

#22 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 02 January 2024 - 04:23 PM

are you talking about the OPI call where Likely just kind of stood there and turned around?

I think I remember (?) the broadcast crew trying to insinuate that Likely should have made more effort to get out of the guy's way. Which unless I'm completely off the reservation on this one, is insane and something I don't recall ever hearing talked about before. Likely didn't actively make contact, he ran his route, started to turn in a hair, and then kind of stopped. The DB ran in to him.

I've griped for YEARS about the Ravens inability / unwillingness to throw in some WR screens, and when they have they usually are blocked poorly and get nowhere.  This year they tried a few more early and got some OPIs against them.  OPIs that you NEVER EVER see called in other games basically. It is VERY rare and has to be egregious.  While that play wasn't a screen, there were screen-ish concepts on it. :) Blakeman and company still managed to find a way to make a terrible OPI call on them. It's crazy...

On the Hill TD a few plays later, they ran basically the same route combo. But on the TD Bateman was the interference.  The only difference is that the DB (or LB?) closed FASTER on the first one and made contact with Likely (initiated it actually).  On the TD he was farther off and didn't get close enough to make it an issue. But the routes were identical.

#23 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 03 January 2024 - 07:12 AM

No way Jackson or any injured guys see the field Saturday with the rain/snow mix that's happening during the game. Its going to be a mess.

• Mike B likes this

#24 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 January 2024 - 02:32 PM

No way Jackson or any injured guys see the field Saturday with the rain/snow mix that's happening during the game. Its going to be a mess.

Yea, I don't see any way LJ plays.  Nor should he.

@mikeghg

#25 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 03 January 2024 - 03:51 PM

Zrebiec tweeted Lamar is sitting Saturday. Huntley to start. Johnson the backup.

@BSLMikeRandall

#26 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,653 posts

Posted 03 January 2024 - 04:07 PM

Zrebiec tweeted Lamar is sitting Saturday. Huntley to start. Johnson the backup.

Least surprising news of all time.

#27 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 03 January 2024 - 04:19 PM

Regardless of the weather, there was no way Lamar was playing Saturday.  It's going to be a slop fest on the field so rest as many regulars as possible. 

#28 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,563 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 03 January 2024 - 04:31 PM

I would have liked to see Lamar play a few series.

But with the weather the way it's looking the decision is being made for them

#29 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 04 January 2024 - 09:23 AM

I think this will still be a competitive game. This team doesn't want to lose to the Steelers at home and they'll play to win and Huntley will be auditioning for a job next season.

https://ebonybird.co...rs-01hk74xh1655

#30 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 04 January 2024 - 10:24 AM

I think this will still be a competitive game. This team doesn't want to lose to the Steelers at home and they'll play to win and Huntley will be auditioning for a job next season.

https://ebonybird.co...rs-01hk74xh1655

Hopefully for a job elsewhere in the AFC North. He sucks. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#31 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 04 January 2024 - 11:53 AM

God damn weather. This will be the third game this year where I've sat in the rain. I wanna sell these tickets but I'm taking someone to the game who is a Steeler fan. Ugh.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#32 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,052 posts

Posted 04 January 2024 - 12:08 PM

God damn weather. This will be the third game this year where I've sat in the rain. I wanna sell these tickets but I'm taking someone to the game who is a Steeler fan. Ugh.

If they (the Steelers) lose to the Ravens B team, watching their reaction is almost worth it by itself. :)
  • Ravens2006 likes this

#33 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 January 2024 - 01:34 PM

I am not sure which, but I feel like this would be 4 games in crappy weather.  If I had a brain in my head, I would stay home on this one, but I don't so I will be there.  

@mikeghg

#34 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 January 2024 - 01:35 PM

If they (the Steelers) lose to the Ravens B team, watching their reaction is almost worth it by itself. :)

I think the Ravens and Hot Rod Huntley are going to find a way.  Ravens 17 Steelers 14.  

@mikeghg

#35 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 04 January 2024 - 02:03 PM

I think the Ravens and Hot Rod Huntley are going to find a way.  Ravens 17 Steelers 14.  

If Huntley doesn't turn the ball over, the Ravens will be in the game to the end. I'm looking for a run heavy game from both teams, especially with it raining. It will be a trying day for ball security so whoever plays the cleanest game will win. Its a toss up in my opinion.

#36 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,052 posts

Posted 04 January 2024 - 04:09 PM

So, do we expect any starters to play? Or is this literally going to be bench/practice squad?

#37 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,653 posts

Posted 04 January 2024 - 04:19 PM

You can only sit so many starters. Obviously some guys will still have to be out there.

I'd like to see Gordon carry the ball 25 times.

#38 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,052 posts

Posted 04 January 2024 - 05:06 PM

You can only sit so many starters. Obviously some guys will still have to be out there.

I'd like to see Gordon carry the ball 25 times.

yes, but can't starters be active and just not played?

Gordon getting 25 carries sounds good to me.

#39 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,563 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 04 January 2024 - 05:52 PM

yes, but can't starters be active and just not played?

Gordon getting 25 carries sounds good to me.

How about Dalvin Cook?

#40 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 04 January 2024 - 06:29 PM

How about Dalvin Cook?

I hope he plays. It will bring some interest to a meaningless game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=