Love that signing. Let's do it.

#42 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 05 January 2024 - 12:34 PM

The talk is about Lamar sitting this one out but isn't Mason Rudolph their 3rd string qb? He's won a couple of games but so has Huntley. I don't think this game will be a walk in the park for the Steelers like a lot of people are expecting. I think the team we put out there will be focused on winning this game.

#43 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 05 January 2024 - 12:43 PM

The talk is about Lamar sitting this one out but isn't Mason Rudolph their 3rd string qb? He's won a couple of games but so has Huntley. I don't think this game will be a walk in the park for the Steelers like a lot of people are expecting. I think the team we put out there will be focused on winning this game.

Agree, Ravens will be dogs but not insurmountable. Still will have to play plenty of regulars.

#44 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 05 January 2024 - 01:14 PM

I agree, though Mason Rudolph might be their best QB. 

#45 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 05 January 2024 - 01:41 PM

Game will depend on how emotionally ready the Ravens are for this game, regardless of who plays. Yeah, it's nice to say you can ruin Pittsburgh's postseason chances, or you don't want them celebrating a playoff berth on your field, but how motivating of a factor is that really? The bottom line is this game has all the importance of a Moose Lodge meeting to the Ravens, so it wouldn't be surprising if they aren't a bit flat mentally. And without the mental preparation, you simply cannot play this game.

#46 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 05 January 2024 - 01:42 PM

Game will depend on how emotionally ready the Ravens are for this game, regardless of who plays. Yeah, it's nice to say you can ruin Pittsburgh's postseason chances, or you don't want them celebrating a playoff berth on your field, but how motivating of a factor is that really? The bottom line is this game has all the importance of a Moose Lodge meeting to the Ravens, so it wouldn't be surprising if they aren't a bit flat mentally. And without the mental preparation, you simply cannot play this game.

I doubt that.

#47 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 05 January 2024 - 01:46 PM

I doubt that.

I wouldn't doubt it one bit, and it would be perfectly understandable given the circumstances.

#48 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 05 January 2024 - 02:02 PM

I agree, though Mason Rudolph might be their best QB. 

That's a pretty sad commentary.

#49 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 January 2024 - 02:04 PM

This is a strange feeling.  Normal I am fired up to get out to the stadium for the Steelers game.  I will be there but given we have everything locked up, the inactives and the weather, there is no excitement.  

@mikeghg

#50 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 05 January 2024 - 02:08 PM

I wouldn't doubt it one bit, and it would be perfectly understandable given the circumstances.

Remember that John Harbaugh is the coach that tries to win every preseason game. I would be shocked if this team brings anything less than an A effort. They have pride and enough motivation to put out a good effort in this game. Will they have enough horses? That's a different question but they aren't gonna lay down for the Steelers.

#51 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,871 posts

Posted 05 January 2024 - 02:56 PM

I would hate for the Ravens to allow the Steelers to make the playoffs, and I hate the thought that Pitt will sweep the season series, but I would be beside myself if they suffered serious injuries in a meaningless game just for pride's sake.

Same here. This a L I'm willing to take for the sake of a fully stacked team in two weeks.

#52 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 05 January 2024 - 05:52 PM

Same here. This a L I'm willing to take for the sake of a fully stacked team in two weeks.

That's exactly how most fans feel but the coaches and players are in a different world. They're competing for jobs and money and there's even professional pride involved.

#53 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,202 posts

Posted 05 January 2024 - 09:01 PM

My son & I are going to the game tomorrow.

We got two tickets from my older brother's workplace.

I'm not looking forward to sitting in the inclement weather, but my son really wants me to go.

I didn't have the heart to tell him ( Like Danny Glover in the Lethal Weapon movies) " I'm too old for this shit."
  • BSLChrisStoner, jamesdean and SonicAttack like this
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#54 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,555 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 05 January 2024 - 09:46 PM

Def sold my tix. God bless anyone going

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#55 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 06 January 2024 - 08:52 AM

Numerous valuable players will have to play today. Just no injuries. Dont care if we lose by 50 as long as we walk away healthy

#56 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,555 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 06 January 2024 - 09:12 AM

Could we forfeit? Only 1/2 kidding.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#57 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 06 January 2024 - 12:51 PM

I'm interested in seeing what the stadium looks like today.  I've seen a ton of tickets being offered and not sure how many sales are being made.  If people decide to stay home, could be a lot of empty seats out there.  

Game means a lot more to the Steelers, but I don't think it does to a good deal of their fans.  I think they see a win as prolonging the inevitable by a week.  

Tyler Huntley can beat the Steelers.  But it isn't just Huntley.  It's Huntley with no OBJ, no Flowers, no Andrews.  And with probably little Gus or Justice Hill and some OL replacements.  

And the Raven's D can certainly stop Mason Rudolph, Najee Harris, and Jaylen Warren.  Except that it's those guys vs. a Ravens D with no Kyle Hamilton, no Humphrey, and probably little Clowney and Madibuke.  

And it's a John Harbaugh who is going to vanilla down his gameplan.  There won't be any trick plays that the Ravens have been saving all season.  There will be nothing that would even give a hint to a potential playoff team to look out for.  

It's a pre-season game for one side, only without any real jobs on the line.  If Dalvin Cook is active, he might be the only person in purple with anything real to gain.  

It's not like the Ravens will lay down, but Pittsburgh should win.  It's nothing more than a glorified practice and a chance to play for the Ravens who will see action.   I expect a lot of running from both teams.  Pittsburgh 23  Ravens 17.

#58 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 06 January 2024 - 01:02 PM

It's a pre-season game for one side, only without any real jobs on the line. If Dalvin Cook is active, he might be the only person in purple with anything real to gain.

He isn't. They chose Mason and Adams as the two PS elevations. Also promoted Moon to active roster (IR Worley)

#59 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 06 January 2024 - 01:13 PM

Brad Allen's crew gets the assignment. Im sure things will go just great. Please lord just get this game over with already. Give all the important guys extra pads. Dont care how much it slows them down

#60 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 06 January 2024 - 01:45 PM

Brad Allen's crew gets the assignment. Im sure things will go just great. Please lord just get this game over with already. Give all the important guys extra pads. Dont care how much it slows them down

I wonder if someone will call a tackle-eligible play, just for kicks.

• makoman likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=