394 replies to this topic

#21 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 December 2023 - 12:59 PM

No way we lose this game. M&T will be rocking. The Ravens haven't trailed with 2 minutes left in any game this season. That's pretty dominant.

But they have lost 3 of them.

I hope the place is jumping. They haven't had the crowd create a home field advantage in a long time. 

The Ravens are dominant. Every team in the NFL is suspect though. LJ could easily throw 4 picks like Purdy just did. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#22 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 December 2023 - 01:00 PM

I hope the place is jumping. They haven't had the crowd create a home field advantage in a long time. 

The Ravens are dominant. Every team in the NFL is suspect though. LJ could easily throw 4 picks like Purdy just did. 

Agreed. I think this week will be different. I briefly tried to get tickets for the game. Resale market is insane for this game. Good sign. My contacts also have people lined up asking for a ticket, another good sign. I think Ravens Nation shows out in this one. 

• Mike in STL likes this

#23 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,568 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 28 December 2023 - 02:31 PM

I find it incredibly dumb the NFL has this as a 1 PM game during the full Sunday slate. But selfishly, I think it's a good thing overall.

We get the #2 crew too, with KC getting Nantz/Romo. I don't really get it.

CBS had the option to flex this to 4:15 and opted to keep KC/Cincy at that slot.

#24 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 28 December 2023 - 02:58 PM

Have a feeling it will be like an early 2000s atmosphere to start the game. Already transferred my tickets cuz we're away for New Year's, but I got 4 unsolicited requests for tickets from friends this week. Definitely seems like a game everyone wants to be at. Which is cool, hopefully they deliver, because no size TV screen can match the feel of being at the game for a big win. Might help reignite some game day passion that has waned in recent years.

#25 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,555 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 28 December 2023 - 03:25 PM

If they win this game and the Steeler game means nothing I’ll be selling my four if anyone would want to go. Prolly just ask for face

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#26 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 28 December 2023 - 04:37 PM

We get the #2 crew too, with KC getting Nantz/Romo. I don't really get it.

CBS had the option to flex this to 4:15 and opted to keep KC/Cincy at that slot.

Who announces games means nothing to me.  Romo is definitely pro Ravens, though. 

#27 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 28 December 2023 - 04:39 PM

I find it incredibly dumb the NFL has this as a 1 PM game during the full Sunday slate. But selfishly, I think it's a good thing overall. 

Count me as one who's ecstatic they're playing at 1:00.  Hate the night games with a bloody passion. 

#28 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,871 posts

Posted 28 December 2023 - 05:06 PM

Count me as one who's ecstatic they're playing at 1:00.  Hate the night games with a bloody passion. 

That makes two of us. 

• jamesdean likes this

#29 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,568 posts

Posted 28 December 2023 - 06:04 PM

Brandon Stephens being a DNP seems less than ideal with Hamilton's status also up in the air.

#30 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 28 December 2023 - 07:05 PM

Brandon Stephens being a DNP seems less than ideal with Hamilton's status also up in the air.

Anything on Queen?  He kept grabbing his right shoulder/collarbone towards the end of the game and seemed to be in obvious discomfort. 

#31 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,871 posts

Posted 28 December 2023 - 08:13 PM

Anything on Queen?  He kept grabbing his right shoulder/collarbone towards the end of the game and seemed to be in obvious discomfort. 

The last I saw Limited in practice   https://ebonybird.co...ce-01hjqmqpww4z

#32 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,568 posts

Posted 28 December 2023 - 08:41 PM

Anything on Queen? He kept grabbing his right shoulder/collarbone towards the end of the game and seemed to be in obvious discomfort.

Yesterday was limited (was an estimate because IIRC they didn't actually practice Wednesday) full today.

Here's the practice report:

https://twitter.com/...72GXUko3Zg&s=19

#33 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 28 December 2023 - 08:47 PM

Yesterday was limited (was an estimate because IIRC they didn't actually practice Wednesday) full today.
Here's the practice report:https://twitter.com/...72GXUko3Zg&s=19

Thanks for the info. Good to see he was a full participant today.

#34 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 28 December 2023 - 09:11 PM

I think the Ravens win this game and I don't even think it will be that close.  Miami is not as good across the board as their record indicates.  They are only 4-3 on the road, and their wins are against the Chargers, Patriots, Jets and Commanders.  They don't do well against physical teams.  I think the Ravens win 31-14.  

#35 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 28 December 2023 - 09:35 PM

I think the Ravens win this game and I don't even think it will be that close. Miami is not as good across the board as their record indicates. They are only 4-3 on the road, and their wins are against the Chargers, Patriots, Jets and Commanders. They don't do well against physical teams. I think the Ravens win 31-14.

I'd be with you on a normal week without injury questions. The entirety of my concerns for this game spawn from questions of health and rest. I'm still confident, but with some nagging injuries and a short week, the always present chance for a letdown is a bit heightened.

I still think a Ravens win is the most likely outcome.

#36 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 29 December 2023 - 09:14 AM

Appreciate the link. Thanks.

#37 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 29 December 2023 - 10:40 AM

I don't have anything but a gut feeling to go off of but this team is giving me 2012 vibes. There's a core of the team that has been hardened by recent disappointments. Then, there's veterans here that understand this could be their best and maybe last chance to make a run at a Lombardi. There's too much at stake at this Sunday. They will find a way.

Furthermore, there are no style points this weekend. I don't care if we win 3-2, 48-45 or anything in between. Just get the job done.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#38 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 29 December 2023 - 10:50 AM

I don't have anything but a gut feeling to go off of but this team is giving me 2012 vibes. There's a core of the team that has been hardened by recent disappointments. Then, there's veterans here that understand this could be their best and maybe last chance to make a run at a Lombardi. There's too much at stake at this Sunday. They will find a way.

Furthermore, there are no style points this weekend. I don't care if we win 3-2, 48-45 or anything in between. Just get the job done.

Turn up the heat on Tagovailoa, make him uncomfortable and force him to make a couple of costly mistakes.  He'll get his yards but limit the damage.  Don't turn the ball over and when you get into the red zone, score touchdowns, not FG's.  Miami is not the team to match FG's with.  Would sure love a repeat of the Detroit/Seattle games but realistically, like you said, just get the win. 

#39 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 29 December 2023 - 12:31 PM

Turn up the heat on Tagovailoa, make him uncomfortable and force him to make a couple of costly mistakes.  He'll get his yards but limit the damage.  Don't turn the ball over and when you get into the red zone, score touchdowns, not FG's.  Miami is not the team to match FG's with.  Would sure love a repeat of the Detroit/Seattle games but realistically, like you said, just get the win. 

Teams like Miami can talk tough but ultimately, they're soft. Hit them, hit them and then hit them some more. Make them uncomfortable and their gameplan will fall apart. The biggest mistake we made last year was playing off coverage and letting their WRs get a free run into their routes. Macdonald certainly won't make the same mistake in his strategy for this matchup.

• jamesdean likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#40 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,871 posts

Posted 29 December 2023 - 01:20 PM

Apparently Hamilton is practicing today. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=