• Please log in to reply
394 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 26 December 2023 - 02:13 PM

ESPN's Match-up Predictor gives the Ravens a 55.6% chance of winning. 

The Ravens are a 3.5 point favorite.

The over / under is 47.5.

#2 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,565 posts

Posted 27 December 2023 - 09:42 AM

Taking my friend who is a Dolphins fan to the game. We were there for the game last year...hoping the outcome will be different this year.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#3 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 December 2023 - 12:38 PM

Tough game on a short week, but I think the Ravens get it done.  Let's Go Ravens!!!!!

@mikeghg

#4 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 27 December 2023 - 01:30 PM

Tough game on a short week, but I think the Ravens get it done.  Let's Go Ravens!!!!!

Pressure Tagovailoa, force him into mistakes and the rest will take care of itself. 

#5 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 27 December 2023 - 03:39 PM

I know it's a big game for the Dolphins but I feel like there's more at stake for the boys in purple. It's all there for the taking, I can't see the Ravens letting this one get away.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#6 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,481 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 December 2023 - 04:41 PM

Ravens coming across country - Dolphins coming up north in the not paradise weather after an emotional win vs. Dallas. Sans Waddle. Cheetah not 100%. They just gotta take this one. Has to happen.

Any word on Hamilton so far this week? I assume today was the first day of practice.

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 27 December 2023 - 05:24 PM

Ravens estimated injury report DNP: Zay Flowers (calf); Kyle Hamilton (knee); Kevin Zeitler (knee/quad) LIMITED: Roquan Smith (pectoral), Queen (shoulder), Broderick Washington (elbow), Maulet (knee), Armour-Davis (concussion), Jordan Stout (back), Mekari (concussion)

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#8 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,481 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 December 2023 - 05:32 PM

Looks like a list from a team that just played SF.

#9 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 27 December 2023 - 05:33 PM

Looks like a list from a team that just played SF.

That was a pretty violent game. I'm sure they are saying the same thing. "Looks like we just played Baltimore".

@BSLMikeRandall

#10 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,481 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 December 2023 - 05:36 PM

That was a pretty violent game. I'm sure they are saying the same thing. "Looks like we just played Baltimore".

That hit Humphrey put on Deebo was ridiculously violent. Straight up car crash. Still can't believe he just bounced off him and picked up some good yardage afterwards. Crazy sport. As I get older, I really don't enjoy this part of the game, but it is what it is.

• Mike in STL likes this

#11 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,123 posts

Posted 27 December 2023 - 05:47 PM

Dolphins are playing for everything this week too. The #1 seed. If they lose then Buf could actually steal the division from them week 18. This is essentially our first playoff game. It will have that feel and energy as it should. Im expecting a very tight competitive game

#12 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 27 December 2023 - 05:57 PM

They have a long injury report too, with a lot of significant guys.

https://dolphinswire...ry-report-2023/

Miami listed 13 players on their first injury report of the week.

Seven players were non-participants – running back De’Von Achane (toe), left tackle Terron Armstead (knee/ankle/back), wide receiver Jaylen Waddle (ankle), right guard Robert Hunt (hamstring), wide receiver Tyreek Hill (ankle/veteran rest), running back Raheem Mostert (knee/ankle) and wide receiver Robbie Chosen (concussion).

Limited participants included quarterback Tua Tagovailoa (left thumb/quad), safety Jevon Holland (knees), cornerback Xavien Howard (hip/thumb), right tackle Austin Jackson (oblique), offensive lineman Liam Eichenberg (calf/ankle) and linebacker Andrew Van Ginkel (wrist).

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#13 SonicAttack

SonicAttack
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 27 December 2023 - 06:10 PM

I like the Ravens minus the points. If the Ravens D can sack/pressure Tua, and get the + on turnovers, the Ravens win no problem.  

#14 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 27 December 2023 - 06:15 PM

It's supposed to be about 50 degrees on Sunday. Be nice if it were about 20 degrees colder. Not bad weather for taking down Christmas lights, but it'd be more advantageous to make Miami's offense perform in temperatures closer to freezing.

#15 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 27 December 2023 - 06:18 PM

That hit Humphrey put on Deebo was ridiculously violent. Straight up car crash. Still can't believe he just bounced off him and picked up some good yardage afterwards. Crazy sport. As I get older, I really don't enjoy this part of the game, but it is what it is.

Instead of trying to blow people up, I wish Humphrey would just tackle them.  It happened more than once Monday night. 

#16 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 27 December 2023 - 07:08 PM

Instead of trying to blow people up, I wish Humphrey would just tackle them. It happened more than once Monday night.

Humphrey's between a rock and a hard place there. If he pulls up to wrap Deebo up you give one of the shiftier players in the league a chance to make a juke. He has to finish the tackle either way but I think there's a valid tactical reason to charge full speed and lay him out.

#17 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 27 December 2023 - 08:05 PM

Humphrey's between a rock and a hard place there. If he pulls up to wrap Deebo up you give one of the shiftier players in the league a chance to make a juke. He has to finish the tackle either way but I think there's a valid tactical reason to charge full speed and lay him out.

He doesn't have to pull up.  Just tackle through him and put him on the ground.  As strong as football players are today, including receivers, hitting them like that will usually result in them bouncing right off of you.  Try taking down Derrick Henry like that and see what happens. 

#18 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,481 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 December 2023 - 12:35 PM

I find it incredibly dumb the NFL has this as a 1 PM game during the full Sunday slate. But selfishly, I think it's a good thing overall. 

• Mike in STL likes this

#19 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 December 2023 - 12:46 PM

I find it incredibly dumb the NFL has this as a 1 PM game during the full Sunday slate. But selfishly, I think it's a good thing overall. 

It is dumb. You can't flex out games @SEA or @ DEN. But CIN @ KC...? Oh wait. Can't flex out Taylor Swift. GB @ MIN is a shite game as well. A battle of who gets be .500. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#20 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 28 December 2023 - 12:55 PM

No way we lose this game. M&T will be rocking. The Ravens haven't trailed with 2 minutes left in any game this season. That's pretty dominant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=