394 replies to this topic

#41 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 29 December 2023 - 02:37 PM

Apparently Hamilton is practicing today. 

The kid is tough but it really makes me nervous at the prospect of him blowing his knee out right before the playoffs.

#42 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 29 December 2023 - 03:38 PM

Waddle officially sitting. Make anyone other than Tyreek beat you.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#43 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 29 December 2023 - 03:44 PM

Waddle officially sitting. Make anyone other than Tyreek beat you.

Doesn't sound like Hill will be 100% either.  Still nursing a sore ankle. 

#44 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 29 December 2023 - 04:18 PM

Doesn't sound like Hill will be 100% either. Still nursing a sore ankle.

I feel like I've caught at least a couple Dolphins games where Hill left early or spent some time in the trainer tent being evaluated for leg / ankle issues this year. Wouldn't cry if he was limited or less on Sunday.

#45 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 29 December 2023 - 04:20 PM

Hamilton, Stephens, Zeitler and Flowers all listed as questionable for Sunday.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#46 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 29 December 2023 - 04:24 PM

Hamilton, Stephens, Zeitler and Flowers all listed as questionable for Sunday.

If both Hamilton and Stephens can't go, that's not going to be good.  At all. 

#47 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 29 December 2023 - 05:06 PM

If both Hamilton and Stephens can't go, that's not going to be good.  At all. 

I'm encouraged by them both being questionable. I was afraid it would be doubtful or even out.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#48 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,289 posts

Posted 29 December 2023 - 09:19 PM

The kid is tough but it really makes me nervous at the prospect of him blowing his knee out right before the playoffs.

I almost would rather him sit. He really didn't seem bothered much until he went down at the end. But honestly, he is so important to the defense. I'm not sure what I would choose. 1st round bye and possibly no Hamilton. Or play week 1 of the playoffs, but have a healthy Hamilton.

#49 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,568 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 30 December 2023 - 02:08 PM

I almost would rather him sit. He really didn't seem bothered much until he went down at the end. But honestly, he is so important to the defense. I'm not sure what I would choose. 1st round bye and possibly no Hamilton. Or play week 1 of the playoffs, but have a healthy Hamilton.

You want him to sit vs the Steelers too?

If him playing means we might get the bye vs not then I'm comfortable resting everyone nursing something for that game and going all hands on deck for this one. This might as well be a playoff game, since we're playing for the bye.
  • 85Knight likes this

#50 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 30 December 2023 - 09:10 PM

We get the #2 crew too, with KC getting Nantz/Romo. I don't really get it.

CBS had the option to flex this to 4:15 and opted to keep KC/Cincy at that slot.

This game was kept where it is simply because CBS has it.   They protected both Mia/Bal and Cincy/KC which meant neither could be flexed to Sunday night which is on NBC.  As for opting it to 4:15, they weren't going to pull KC out of that slot.  KC is the biggest TV draw across the nation right now.  Even though the Mia/Bal matchup is better and more meaningful, the fact is that neither of those two markets is a top draw like KC.  And even Cincy has been to two straight AFC championships and a SB recently.  Lamar is probably a big draw but outside of that, neither Miami or Baltimore is the same ratings draw as KC, even in a down year for KC.  And that is what decides who sees what.  It will take a SB appearance to start to change that.  

• Mackus likes this

#51 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,568 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 30 December 2023 - 09:44 PM

This game was kept where it is simply because CBS has it. They protected both Mia/Bal and Cincy/KC which meant neither could be flexed to Sunday night which is on NBC. As for opting it to 4:15, they weren't going to pull KC out of that slot. KC is the biggest TV draw across the nation right now. Even though the Mia/Bal matchup is better and more meaningful, the fact is that neither of those two markets is a top draw like KC. And even Cincy has been to two straight AFC championships and a SB recently. Lamar is probably a big draw but outside of that, neither Miami or Baltimore is the same ratings draw as KC, even in a down year for KC. And that is what decides who sees what. It will take a SB appearance to start to change that.

CBS can only protect 1 game. The official line (according to what I read) is that 1: Baltimore has had 2 straight primetime games already, and 2: the existing SNF/MNF games weren't awful, and they'd rather save flexing for getting awful games out of there rather than replacing a decent game with a marquee one.

CBS could have flexed us to 4:15 instead of KC/Cincy but kept it there, probably because of swifties.

#52 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 30 December 2023 - 09:52 PM

CBS can only protect 1 game. The official line (according to what I read) is that 1: Baltimore has had 2 straight primetime games already, and 2: the existing SNF/MNF games weren't awful, and they'd rather save flexing for getting awful games out of there rather than replacing a decent game with a marquee one.

CBS could have flexed us to 4:15 instead of KC/Cincy but kept it there, probably because of swifties.

Ahh, I stand corrected on the protection thing then.  And the two straight prime time games makes sense, I forgot they just played Jax on Sunday night before Christmas.  And in fairness, Green Bay is one of those teams that is in the group of drawing big ratings across the country.  As for flexing to 4:15, I stand by that CBS was never going to take KC out of that position.  The swifty thing I guess helps as well.  

#53 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 30 December 2023 - 10:03 PM

On another note, the Ravens kept this very quiet, but they are honoring Ray Rice as one of their "Legends of the Game" tomorrow.  That's already resulted in some blow back over the internet. (https://www.usatoday...se/72066681007/)  I wonder who made that choice?  Rice's stats aren't all that great and he was unceremoniously cut once that video came out. 

With all of the great players the Ravens have had there wasn't someone else they could go to?  Or is it maybe some guilty feelings from the way the whole thing was handled at the time?  There was a lot of talk that the organization coached him as to what to say, told him to deny everything, lobbied the commissioner's office, and even knew about the video.  Then when the video was released, they bailed on him.  This is not a good look.  I think it will be somewhat low keyed, but it shouldn't be happening at all.  

• Mackus likes this

#54 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,555 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 31 December 2023 - 12:00 AM

Dislike the idea of honoring Rice. I’ll be there and certainly won’t cheer

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#55 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 31 December 2023 - 12:15 AM

Rice being honored is a debate to be sure. Tyreek Hill continues to play and the league advertises him like crazy. If folks aren't familiar with his rap sheet, they should look it up. Dude is pure narcissistic abusive sleaze from head to toe. And unlike Rice, his rap sheet is more than one incident. That dude going down with the dreaded non-contact knee injury should cause no one any angst... in my cynical opinion.

#56 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 31 December 2023 - 12:22 AM

I shouldnt speak too much because I dont know exactly what Ray has done since his whole thing went down but IMO there is a path to recognize his accomplishments on the field as a Raven. 

#57 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 31 December 2023 - 08:52 AM

Schefter reporting that Mostert won't play

#58 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members