394 replies to this topic

#361 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 31 December 2023 - 11:28 PM

Lamar might've cemented his second MVP with that one too.  Here's hoping that translates to playoff success.

Not sure how they can give it to anyone else. Purdy throws 4 picks last week, Lamar throws 5 TD this week. 

#362 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 31 December 2023 - 11:30 PM

By the way, does anyone feel silly for fretting over this game? Asking for a friend.....

#363 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 31 December 2023 - 11:34 PM

I say none of this to excuse what Ray Rice did. That said, there were articles and hot takes all over the web today about how honoring Rice was anywhere from a bad look to disgusting to condoning domestic violence.

Meanwhile, Tyreek Hill is in all likelihood way worse a human being (really, look up his history folks)... and it gets zero air time or media attention now. That dude is bad news in several ways, and I'd bet big we hear more future "incidents" with his name in them...

No idea what Hill has done, but I know what Rice did and he should not be honored anywhere. Men who beat women are the lowest form of life on the planet in my opinion. That woman could have died hitting her head. And please no one give me that "she forgave him" stuff. Lots of abused women forgave their abusers many times and paid for it with their lives. 

• russsnyder and cprenegade like this

#364 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,527 posts

Posted 31 December 2023 - 11:37 PM

By the way, does anyone feel silly for fretting over this game? Asking for a friend.....

Its the NFL. You can find a legit reason to fret every week. The worry this week was the short week and injuries. 

#365 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 31 December 2023 - 11:50 PM

Ravens-Steelers is set for Saturday, January 6 at 4:30 pm.

Bills-Dolphins has been flexed to Sunday Night Football.

#366 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 31 December 2023 - 11:52 PM

Flexing times is one thing. Flexing to a different day is horsechit.
  • SonicAttack likes this

#367 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 31 December 2023 - 11:56 PM

To show how much a difference a year can make, in Week 17 last year, the Ravens' two top wideouts (DeShaun Jackson and DeMarcus Robinson) each finished with one catch for nine yards.

#368 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 31 December 2023 - 11:59 PM

Flexing times is one thing. Flexing to a different day is horsechit.

Ehh, Tyler Huntley can play any day of the week.
  • mdrunning likes this

#369 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 01 January 2024 - 12:12 AM

Could be rain mixing with snow next Saturday. Make the scrubeenies play in the bad weather.

#370 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,527 posts

Posted 01 January 2024 - 12:28 AM

Could be rain mixing with snow next Saturday. Make the scrubeenies play in the bad weather.

You rest all the most important players. Obv some starters have to play but you want to limit snaps as much as possible.

#371 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts

Posted 01 January 2024 - 01:31 AM

Ravens / Steelers next week means nothing.  Rest anyone who even has the sniffles.  The game is meaningless and I can't see why anyone would care about it.  

#372 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts

Posted 01 January 2024 - 01:42 AM

No idea what Hill has done, but I know what Rice did and he should not be honored anywhere. Men who beat women are the lowest form of life on the planet in my opinion. That woman could have died hitting her head. And please no one give me that "she forgave him" stuff. Lots of abused women forgave their abusers many times and paid for it with their lives. 

Agree.  Can't believe a team with so many good players over the years chose to honor him.  Even forgetting about what he did on the video, his stats were nothing special.  He was an average player, nothing really special.  Calling him a legend cheapens everyone who actually is good enough to be honored as such.  Rice was nothing more than a good back for a few years.  Not legend worthy, not even worth much more of a thought than yes he was a member of a Super Bowl winning team.

The honor was very low keyed.  It wasn't mentioned very prominently on the broadcast, and it seemed like it was not even known until a day or two before the game.  Biscotti made a mistake by honoring him.  But it's over and done now.  Just an interesting foot note for an organization that claims to take the high road.  

#373 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts

Posted 01 January 2024 - 02:21 AM

Actually, not me.  I said from the beginning that Miami was so over rated.  They have shiny, fast, bells and whistles on their offense.  Their defense is terrible, they are average at best away from home, and when they meet a physical team, they fold.  The only thing I feel silly about is that I predicted a Ravens 31-14 win.  I gave Miami way too much credit.  Buffalo will crush them next week to win the AFC East.  Miami will be one and done in the playoffs.  

#374 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 01 January 2024 - 06:51 AM

No way I let LJ touch the field a
Next week!

#375 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,335 posts

Posted 01 January 2024 - 07:27 AM

I'll just DVR'd it and if they win, I'll watch it on Sunday.  To me, it's just a preseason Ravens team playing the Steelers, who with everything to play for, will probably win.  That will suck and I hate to see the season end with a loss but it's a meaningless game.  I just wish it was someone besides Pittsburgh.  

#376 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,335 posts

Posted 01 January 2024 - 07:28 AM

Ravens / Steelers next week means nothing.  Rest anyone who even has the sniffles.  The game is meaningless and I can't see why anyone would care about it.  

My only interest would be having the Steelers eliminated from the playoffs. 

#377 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 01 January 2024 - 07:44 AM

I am speeding through the thread, but as someone who goes to every game, I have to respectfully disagree with your first comment. The place has been plenty loud and today was no exception. They have lost 2 of the games.

You may be right. I remember this used to be a place that QBs had to go to a silent count, or a team burns an unnecessary timeout because the crowd. I don’t think that is the case anymore.
@BSLMikeRandall

#378 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 01 January 2024 - 09:20 AM

You may be right. I remember this used to be a place that QBs had to go to a silent count, or a team burns an unnecessary timeout because the crowd. I don’t think that is the case anymore.

I went to every single game minus 1 from 96 thru about 2013, then anywhere from 50% to 80% since then year to year. Personally I feel like the intensity of the crowd has waned a bit, and there are certainly more unused tickets overall the last 5 years or so compared to the prior decades. I suspect the latter is more than just perception based on the Ravens actively sending an email before most home games encouraging PSL holders to transfer their tickets if they can't use them.

That said, I also feel like it's STARTING to tick back up again a bit. That 49ers game more than anything stoked a new buzz I think. I had numerous unsolicited requests to buy my tickets for yesterday between Tuesday and Thursday.

Roquan and Hamilton are starting to bring a LITTLE of that Ray and Ed field general type vibe back to the defense. Roquan has been doing the pregame onfield hype speech and cameras and fans are paying attention to it again. Helps that they're delivering come game time too. :)

We'll see what opponents they get the third weekend of January and how they come out of the gates, but I hope and think that crowd is going to be as close to any early 2000s madhouse as we have seen in a while.

#379 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,456 posts

Posted 01 January 2024 - 09:29 AM

I feel like the Bengals had a couple pre snap penalties and wasted timeouts this year that were crowd related. I think the fans have it in them for big games even if they aren't consistently crazy for random early season games, hope they show up in three weeks.

#380 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,655 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 January 2024 - 10:23 AM

I thought Arthur Maulet played a really good game, which we really needed with the depleted secondary.

He did and so did Darby.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=