394 replies to this topic

#341 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 31 December 2023 - 05:40 PM

Beckham won’t sit. He needs 5 catches for a performance bonus of $250k. Maybe they sit Flowers and Beckham gets more snaps. Maybe they target him with some short passes early for an easy 5 then sit him.

I’d say anyone with a questionable tag should sit, everyone else play at least a drive. Maybe in some cases a half. 2nd half should be all 2nd stringers.

I wouldn't really disagree with that.

#342 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 31 December 2023 - 05:47 PM

Lamar might've cemented his second MVP with that one too.  Here's hoping that translates to playoff success.

#343 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,178 posts

Posted 31 December 2023 - 06:12 PM

From NFL.com:

Next Gen stat of the game: The blitz was useless against Lamar Jackson Sunday, as the quarterback completed 5 of 6 passes for 171 yards and two touchdowns against Miami's blitz in the first half. It was Jackson's most passing yards against the blitz in any half of his career.

NFL Research: Lamar Jackson moved into a tie for the most games with a perfect passer rating in NFL history (three), joining the likes of Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Kurt Warner and Ben Roethlisberger.

Wow.

The blitz tidbit is especially impressive considering it was Miami who shut them down two years ago in a blitz-happy scheme that the Ravens weren't ready for.

#344 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,100 posts

Posted 31 December 2023 - 06:37 PM

Well that was fun!
  • TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#345 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 31 December 2023 - 06:46 PM

Lamar might've cemented his second MVP with that one too. Here's hoping that translates to playoff success.

Might have? I think it's his now

Hell of a "give me the goddamn trophy" game.
  • Mike B, DuffMan and bmore_ken like this

#346 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 31 December 2023 - 06:49 PM

F Chubb. I would have gladly seen them take out Tua and Hill too.

I say none of this to excuse what Ray Rice did. That said, there were articles and hot takes all over the web today about how honoring Rice was anywhere from a bad look to disgusting to condoning domestic violence.

Meanwhile, Tyreek Hill is in all likelihood way worse a human being (really, look up his history folks)... and it gets zero air time or media attention now. That dude is bad news in several ways, and I'd bet big we hear more future "incidents" with his name in them...
  • Mashed Potatoes likes this

#347 SonicAttack

SonicAttack
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 31 December 2023 - 07:08 PM

Ravens minus the points with an easy win.  Impressive, dominating from start to end, both O & D!  Lamar is stepping his game up, and it's becoming legit scary!  He is getting comfortable with Monken's sets, as is the rest of the O.  This Ravens team is what we've all dreamed off, a legit scoring offense paired with a top 5 defense, finally! Mike Macdonald, let's see if he can repeat this next year, and maybe he then gets HC calls. 

• 85Knight likes this

#348 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,514 posts

Posted 31 December 2023 - 07:50 PM

On to two weeks of Ravens fans fretting about too long a layoff. Especially after 2019 and the Os crapping the bed in the 1st round too. Also gonna hate potentially helping Pitt get into the playoffs next week.

#349 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,332 posts

Posted 31 December 2023 - 07:56 PM

I wish they could rest every single starter next week but somebody has to suit up. It would be nice if Huntley & Co. could reproduce the last week victory in 2019.

#350 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 31 December 2023 - 08:23 PM

On to two weeks of Ravens fans fretting about too long a layoff. Especially after 2019 and the Os crapping the bed in the 1st round too. Also gonna hate potentially helping Pitt get into the playoffs next week.

This is the first time since 1970 that Baltimore had the top seeds in both football and baseball in the same season. (OK, football didn't seed the playoffs based on record back then, but the Colts 11-2-1 record was best in the AFC and the Orioles led the Majors with 108 wins.)

• SonicAttack likes this

#351 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,514 posts

Posted 31 December 2023 - 08:24 PM

Havent gone over every scenario but looks like the Bills are in a weird place. Will either get the division and the #2 seed by beating Miami or probably miss the playoffs if they lose. High stakes game.

#352 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,655 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 31 December 2023 - 08:25 PM

But they have lost 3 of them.

I hope the place is jumping. They haven't had the crowd create a home field advantage in a long time. 

The Ravens are dominant. Every team in the NFL is suspect though. LJ could easily throw 4 picks like Purdy just did. 

I am speeding through the thread, but as someone who goes to every game, I have to respectfully disagree with your first comment.  The place has been plenty loud and today was no exception. They have lost 2 of the games.

• PrimeTime likes this
@mikeghg

#353 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 31 December 2023 - 08:34 PM

I am speeding through the thread, but as someone who goes to every game, I have to respectfully disagree with your first comment.  The place has been plenty loud and today was no exception. They have lost 2 of the games.

The Bengals game was the loudest for me.

#354 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 31 December 2023 - 08:34 PM

Havent gone over every scenario but looks like the Bills are in a weird place. Will either get the division and the #2 seed by beating Miami or probably miss the playoffs if they lose. High stakes game.

Should Buffalo lose next week, one of the following has to happen for them to still qualify:

Pitt @ Balt (Pitt loss) 

or

Jags @ TN (Jag loss)

or

Texans @ Colts (Tie)

Yes, I had to look that up. The injury bug is really hitting the Phins at the wrong time. I just saw where Bradley Chubb may be gone with a torn ACL.

#355 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,514 posts

Posted 31 December 2023 - 08:39 PM

Ideally Buf and Mia both dont make it. Figure if Buf makes it as a WC there is the chance we would have to play them in the divisional round. Same should Miami make it as a WC. Of course anything can happen, but if Jac wins the South, Cle is the #5, Ind/Hou #6, and Pitt the #7 then our divisional game on paper doesnt look as tough. IMO, only 4 teams can win the AFC this year. Baltimore,Miami, KC, and Buffalo. If one of those 4(Buf) doesnt make the playoffs awesome.

#356 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,711 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 31 December 2023 - 08:50 PM

I'm a little drunk on that win (and drunk in general, lol) but it this whole thing feels like a "fait accompli".

The Ravens are the best team in football and it's not particularly close.

None of the injuries seem serious so take the next 21 days to get the key guys healthy and let's go get this 3rd Lombardi.

Opportunities like this don't come around often, if at all. That is to say, not only is this a good team with a deep roster but it gets even better when you juxtapose it against the rest of the league.

The Ravens have a golden opportunity to win a world championship; they're 120 minutes of meaningful football away from lining up in Las Vegas to do just that.
  • You Play to Win the Game and 85Knight like this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#357 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,655 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 31 December 2023 - 10:13 PM

I truly think the Ravens are the best team in football.

Today was fun.  The Ravens were running out of defensive backs, but after some early struggles, they held a real good offense to 6 points the last 40 minutes.

Big games from Likely, Flowers, Hill and the best football player on the planet made the offense unstoppable.

Good job by the Oline again today.  They kept LJ clean, and he was magnificent.  Stanley and Moses played well.  Kudo's to Ben Cleveland for filling in for Zeitler.  

Good job by the coaching staff.  Made good adjustments on defense and was aggressive as hell on offense.

Happy New Year everyone.  AFC North Champions and #1 seed in the AFC.  A hell of a way to ring out 2023!

• You Play to Win the Game and russsnyder like this
@mikeghg

#358 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,100 posts

Posted 31 December 2023 - 10:20 PM

I thought Arthur Maulet played a really good game, which we really needed with the depleted secondary.
  • You Play to Win the Game and Mike B like this

#359 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,514 posts

Posted 31 December 2023 - 10:27 PM

Lamar 18 for 21 5 TD passes.

My guy is stepping it up big time.

Prob a good thing we got him back in the fold this offseason 

• You Play to Win the Game and russsnyder like this

#360 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 31 December 2023 - 10:46 PM

It's almost scary how good the Ravens are right now. These last 2 weeks have firmly established them as way above any team in the league. I can't remember the last team that put a stamp on the season like the Ravens have. Three more games like this is all it takes. I knew we were good before last week but not this good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=