63 replies to this topic

#21 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,666 posts

Posted 09 May 2024 - 05:39 AM

Is it too much to put into words what you consider that profile to be? Please don’t answer a question with a question. An answer will suffice.

He did this a few weeks ago too when he called '22 and '23 drafts "chaos". He attacked my posts that responded to him but didn't elaborate at all when others tried to get him be specific. Responded to glenn davis with a question and then didnt respond when glenn, mako or Mackus posted after that.

#22 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,855 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 11 May 2024 - 10:16 AM

Is it too much to put into words what you consider that profile to be? Please don’t answer a question with a question. An answer will suffice.

I didn't come back to this the other day.  It doesn't seem like anyone really cares about this other than Wile E trying to make something out of nothing (again and again).

I actually prefer to ask questions because when you answer the questions it leads you to the answer.  You won't want to answer the questions because you don't want the answer it leads you to (and that applies to a lot of people here, well beyond Baseball).

"Profile" is more than just the individual player (although that's some of it), it's also the draft as a whole. 

Next post will have my expectations of this draft.

#23 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,659 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 11 May 2024 - 10:19 AM

My expectations are pitchers with hoppy fastballs and hitters that hit the ball hard.

#24 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,855 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 11 May 2024 - 10:34 AM

My expectations of this (and future) drafts...

They'll sign all of their draft picks.

They'll have done all of their homework on any [outside of slot-ish] pick.

All of the early picks will know the Orioles were interested in them.

Nothing bizarre will happen following early draft picks.

Early pick(s) will be data heavy college bats from competitive conferences. 

We won't see generalized language about early draft picks.

They'll spread resources out across picks 11-20.

Overall the draft will be boring.  Not because the players aren't exciting (or will be), but because the execution of the draft will be guys they like/target for specific reasons (data), they do their homework, they know what they need to do and they do it because they can prepare and execute intentionally. 

Like when you over-study for a test and you just go in and it's easy and you finish quickly and score well.  No drama..

#25 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,666 posts

Posted 11 May 2024 - 11:01 AM

Oh I get it all now. Dude was wrong about the Os being locked in on certain type/profile. Was so sure they wouldnt deviate. They did the last two years and instead of admitting he was wrong we get "chaotic" and "bizzare".

#26 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,855 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 11 May 2024 - 11:09 AM

Oh I get it all now. Dude was wrong about the Os being locked in on certain type/profile. Was so sure they wouldnt deviate. They did the last two years and instead of admitting he was wrong we get "chaotic" and "bizzare".

Unsurprisingly, you don't get it.

#27 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,666 posts

Posted 11 May 2024 - 11:21 AM

Unsurprisingly, you don't get it.

Im exactly right. You dont know anything about baseball. Let alone what a FO like the Os are thinking.

#28 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,855 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 11 May 2024 - 12:58 PM

Im exactly right. You dont know anything about baseball. Let alone what a FO like the Os are thinking.

You aren't.  I gave you the answers you pretend I don't have.  How much farther do you want me to get into it?  It's useless with you because you have this goofy personal obsession.

It doesn't matter.  John Angelos inserted himself at the top of the last 2 drafts.  That isn't happening again.

#29 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,666 posts

Posted 11 May 2024 - 01:06 PM

Haha. There you go guys. Breaking news. John inserted himself at the top of the last two drafts. ROFL. Hey Bob get your boys in the media on the phone and have them get to the bottom of JA draft room drama 

#30 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,855 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 11 May 2024 - 01:21 PM

Haha. There you go guys. Breaking news. John inserted himself at the top of the last two drafts. ROFL. Hey Bob get yout boys in the media on the phone and have them get to the bottom of JA draft room drama

fyi, I don't care.  Some of you guys keep begging for it.  You want to believe something (like the Wall thread) and there's something different, everyone gets bent out of shape.

Again, I don't care.  You keep asking.  There.  It doesn't matter to me.

When I say we're back to Elias' profile, he's going to execute a very clean, intentional, prepared draft this year, which is exactly what he did in 2019, 2020 and 2021..  That was my only point.  You want elaboration and then when I do, you drag all your petty, personal insecurity into it.

#31 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,666 posts

Posted 11 May 2024 - 01:23 PM

This is the exact reason I call you out all the time. Youre ful of s**t. Completelty full of it. And everyone here knows it. But just because everyone knows it doesnt mean Im not gong to call  it out. You think its personal. its really not. You're a horrible baseball poster. 

#32 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,855 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 11 May 2024 - 01:28 PM

^^^ insecurity.

#33 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,855 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 11 May 2024 - 01:30 PM

...again, the reason I don't share some specifics is clowns like Wile E want to devolve the thread.

You asked, I answered.  Whatever.  I can defend it, but it still doesn't matter. 

I'm making no deal out of anything.  If you think what I said is a big deal, who cares.

#34 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,666 posts

Posted 11 May 2024 - 01:32 PM

^^^ insecurity.

What about my posting style would ever make you to think Im insecure about baseball There are zero insecurities. Im just tired of your BS. You never make sense. You are cryptic. You say outlandish crap as if it is factual. You cant admit when you are wrong. 

#35 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,666 posts

Posted 11 May 2024 - 01:34 PM

...again, the reason I don't share some specifics is clowns like Wile E want to devolve the thread.

You asked, I answered.  Whatever.  I can defend it, but it still doesn't matter. 

I'm making no deal out of anything.  If you think what I said is a big deal, who cares.

More BS. I didnt make you crypric and weird. You were doing this stuff way before I starting calling you out 

#36 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,054 posts

Posted 11 May 2024 - 01:34 PM

What was wrong with the 2022 draft? Holliday and a bunch of high quality college bats at the top.

I don't see much difference between 2019-2021 and 2022-2023. Both offensive and college heavy, with some exceptions like Gunnar, Holliday, Mayo.

Obviously 2023 was a little different at the top because they weren't drafting at the top of the draft, and I'm always a little hesitant with guys who have more speed/athleticism than actual baseball ability.

#37 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,666 posts

Posted 11 May 2024 - 01:40 PM

What was wrong with the 2022 draft? Holliday and a bunch of high quality college bats at the top.

I don't see much difference between 2019-2021 and 2022-2023. Both offensive and college heavy, with some exceptions like Gunnar, Holliday, Mayo.

Obviously 2023 was a little different at the top because they weren't drafting at the top of the draft, and I'm always a little hesitant with guys who have more speed/athleticism than actual baseball ability.

Hes just a weird cat with a huge ego. He thought he had the FO pegged. He was wrong so instead of changing his mind or admitting he was wrong it had to be JA in the draftroom. Like how in the F do you do these mental gymnastics he does. 

#38 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,054 posts

Posted 11 May 2024 - 01:45 PM

I just don't see some huge shift in draft strategy from early on until now. Maybe Dude can explain rather than just say JA was the influence.

They've been offensive heavy since day one and have always preferred college to HS, with a few exceptions. They certainly try and stay away from HS pitching if at all possible.

#39 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,855 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 11 May 2024 - 03:00 PM

I just don't see some huge shift in draft strategy from early on until now. Maybe Dude can explain rather than just say JA was the influence.

They've been offensive heavy since day one and have always preferred college to HS, with a few exceptions. They certainly try and stay away from HS pitching if at all possible.

Whether I'm right or wrong, why does it matter.  The only thing I'd suggest (my earlier comment) is that what most (nearly all) people want to be true will be true in the future.

Also, for whatever reason, you are adding to my position in a way that I haven't suggested.

The only caveat to that is I'd suggest he was told to "draft more pitching" in 2023.  11 of first 15  picks were pitchers and that is wildly different.

I'd suggest that Holliday was a Boras/Angelos level deal (that's the only specific player I'd suggest).

Again, absolutely doesn't matter, considerations the past couple years are no longer considerations (thank goodness).

#40 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,666 posts

Posted 11 May 2024 - 03:24 PM

You cant just make stuff up to fit your narrative. Thats why it matters.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=