#142 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,257 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 07 December 2020 - 09:18 AM

Taysom made two major errors yesterday that just about cost the Saints the game. The Saints had the ball inside the Falcons 10 and were up by 5 late in the game. A FG all but seals the deal. But he fumbled and turned it over. The Falcons drove down quickly. The Saints had been 95% to win the game. The Falcons had first and 10 at the Saints 15 and all of a sudden were slight favorites to win. But the Saints defense held and the Falcons turned the ball over on downs. However they still had enough time on the clock to potentially get the ball back. Get a first down and the game is over. Or just stay in bounds and force Atlanta to use up their remaining time outs and even if they had to punt there would have been less than 30 seconds on the clock. But Taysom fumbled again. The ball went out of bounds stopping the clock but at least they didn't  lose the ball. Still left enough time for the Falcons to get another shot. Thankfully the D held.

Certainly shouldn't rush Drew back until he's really ready. Since we clinched a playoff berth and are in the drivers seat for the #1 seed we are sitting fine with Taysom at QB. But damn son you have to hold the ball and understand the situation better.

#143 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,257 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 26 December 2020 - 10:25 AM

How about dem Saints!  If they get their run game going in the playoffs at all like yesterday and Michael Thomas comes back at near 100% they will be a tough out in the playoffs!

#144 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,257 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 02 January 2021 - 09:12 AM

Kamara out with Covid. Still should be able to handle the Panthers tomorrow. But the playoff matchup could be problematic. He can't play until Sunday Jan 10th at the earliest. So there is a 50-50 chance that if they dont win the #1 seed (which they probably won't) that they will draw the Saturday slot and no Kamara. 

Seems like the NFL should just assign them the Sunday slot. PLEASE!

#145 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,130 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 08:36 AM

The Ringer: Drew Brees’s Time in New Orleans May Have Just Ended With More Playoff Heartbreak

#146 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,257 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 19 January 2021 - 09:04 AM

Felt so bad for Brees to go out like that (assuming he in fact does retire). Forget the last pic for a minute since that was desperation time.

1. The pic when he threw to Kamara was weird. I don't think it was a bad throw. I think it was miscommunication. Looked to me like he threw the ball right where he wanted to.

2. To me the game was lost when the Saints were driving up by 7 late in the third quarter. 3rd and 11 and they came up with the right play. First down throw to Jared Cook. Except the failed on his primary job at that point. Hold on to the dang ball. They don't turn the ball over there and I think the outcome changes.

3. But even after the fumble there are still tied. Drew throws a high ball to Cook and the ball goes right through his hands and is picked off. So instead of a first down its another turnover.

Now Drew did NOT have a good game. But the Saints still probably should have won that game.

#147 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 January 2021 - 11:15 AM

Felt so bad for Brees to go out like that (assuming he in fact does retire). Forget the last pic for a minute since that was desperation time.

1. The pic when he threw to Kamara was weird. I don't think it was a bad throw. I think it was miscommunication. Looked to me like he threw the ball right where he wanted to.

2. To me the game was lost when the Saints were driving up by 7 late in the third quarter. 3rd and 11 and they came up with the right play. First down throw to Jared Cook. Except the failed on his primary job at that point. Hold on to the dang ball. They don't turn the ball over there and I think the outcome changes.

3. But even after the fumble there are still tied. Drew throws a high ball to Cook and the ball goes right through his hands and is picked off. So instead of a first down its another turnover.

Now Drew did NOT have a good game. But the Saints still probably should have won that game.

His ability to stretch the defense is gone.  He has to really load up on his back leg to get any zip on the ball downfield and that was clearly having an affect on his accuracy.

@mikeghg

#148 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,257 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 19 January 2021 - 05:15 PM

His ability to stretch the defense is gone.  He has to really load up on his back leg to get any zip on the ball downfield and that was clearly having an affect on his accuracy.

Mike that was clearly the key to the entire season. He didn't have the arm strength do go over the top which just made opposing defenses matchup tight on the near stuff. Its amazing that they had such a great season with that known liability.

Man would I love to see the Saints get Watson!!

#149 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 05:30 PM

I mean, Brees shouldn't have been playing at all these past few months. He straight up had a dozen broken ribs. I mean, yeah, they're all hairline fractures, but he wasn't getting anything on the ball at all the other day. If Marcus Lattimore wasn't doing his usual erasing of Mike Evans from the field of play, the Bucs might've won that game by multiple TDs. 

The question you have to ask is do they turn the team over to Winston? 

#150 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,946 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 09:01 AM

Apparently Brees also played the season with a torn rotator cuff.

Brittany Brees reveals Drew Brees played through 2020 season with torn rotator cuff (yahoo.com)

#151 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,130 posts

Posted 14 March 2021 - 04:21 PM

Brees officially retiring. 

#152 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,130 posts

Posted 14 March 2021 - 07:35 PM

SI: Saints Give Taysom Hill $140 Million Extension in Salary Cap Maneuver

https://www.si.com/n...nts-140-million

#153 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,130 posts

Posted 01 July 2021 - 08:44 AM

#154 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,130 posts

Posted 24 July 2021 - 07:49 AM

Michael Thomas had ankle surgery... in June...  could be a 4 month recovery.

#155 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,257 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 10 August 2021 - 08:45 AM

Wil Lutz to miss the start of the season. Ouch. He's been so money kicking and with a team that may not score as many TDs without Brees, missing Wil is going to hurt. Get back quick!!

#156 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,130 posts

Posted 21 August 2021 - 08:00 AM

The Ringer: Are the Saints Headed Toward Quarterback-by-Committee?

#157 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,130 posts

Posted 12 September 2021 - 07:37 PM

#158 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,257 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 13 September 2021 - 10:41 AM

Lots of hollering around here yesterday. What a dismantling of the Packers.

GEUAX SAINTS!!!

#159 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,130 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 07:27 AM

The Ringer: The Saints Look Like a Contender Hiding in Plain Sight

#160 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,257 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 31 October 2021 - 05:46 PM

Saints look to be in trouble now QB wise. Hill still out with a concussion and looks like Winston may be done for the season. Semien all we have left since I am not counting Ian Book as a legit QB for this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=