3629 replies to this topic

#1501 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,983 posts

Posted 18 April 2024 - 08:17 AM

Baffling why youd be picking at O Hearn right now. Obviously he not gonna be a 1.000 OPS guy. Unlikely .900 too. But hes proving to be a legit bat in the middle portion of this lineup vs RHP. Needed. If Holliday is proving anything its the mistake of thinking you can call a Kjerstad or Mayo up an they are going to produce early

Kjerstad is 25, basically 5 years older, and even now has more MLB experience than Holliday with an OPS+ over 100. Yes I know still a very limited sample, but perhaps his adjustment period has somewhat already happened, I think for him at least it's a bit apples and oranges. His main problem is no place to play in MLB right now. Mayo I agree, who knows what happens if and when he comes up.

#1502 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 18 April 2024 - 08:31 AM

I think Kjerstad at 25 years old either needs to be up soon to stay, or moved in trade soon to try to fill a need.  I don't like the K rate but fighting that is a losing battle in today's game.  Either way, his path with or without the organization should be resolved in the next few months I think.

#1503 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,983 posts

Posted 18 April 2024 - 08:40 AM

I think Kjerstad at 25 years old either needs to be up soon to stay, or moved in trade soon to try to fill a need.  I don't like the K rate but fighting that is a losing battle in today's game.  Either way, his path with or without the organization should be resolved in the next few months I think.

Yeah 15% in AA and 20.7% total in AAA, I don't think those are even alarming these days. Gunnar was quite a bit worse, Cowser was much worse (still a concern of course), even Adley was worse in AA.

#1504 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,527 posts

Posted 18 April 2024 - 08:41 AM

Kjerstad needs an injury or huge fall off in performance from one of Cowser, Santander, O Hearn or Mounty vs RHP. Aint happened yet and I hope it doesnt happen. Only Santander isnt raking but we know what he is. He isnt going anywhere.

#1505 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,259 posts

Posted 18 April 2024 - 02:28 PM

Kjerstad needs an injury or huge fall off in performance from one of Cowser, Santander, O Hearn or Mounty vs RHP. Aint happened yet and I hope it doesnt happen. Only Santander isnt raking but we know what he is. He isnt going anywhere.

Absolutely, as my old boss used to say when someone would worry about something out of their control, " Let his (Kjerstad's) mom worry."
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#1506 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,668 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 18 April 2024 - 04:07 PM

About 15% of the season has been played. Here's the composite W-L records.

ALE 56-40

ALC 44-48

ALW 43-54

So the ALE is already 10 games ahead of the ALC and 13.5 ahead of the ALW. Just so wrong.

• Mashed Potatoes likes this

#1507 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 15,102 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 18 April 2024 - 04:29 PM

Yeah 15% in AA and 20.7% total in AAA, I don't think those are even alarming these days. Gunnar was quite a bit worse, Cowser was much worse (still a concern of course), even Adley was worse in AA.

Those are fantastic K rates for a power hitter. And his age is irrelevant at this point. There’s no rush with him. Hays, Santander, and Mullins each potentially nearing the end of their time with the O’s. His time is coming even if it’s not this year.
  • makoman likes this

#1508 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 15,102 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 18 April 2024 - 04:32 PM

Thing is Westburg is establishing himself as a reg and playing a solid 3b. Mayo has made some mistakes there. He has to show consistency even if the mechanics and arm are very good. Then there has to be room in the Show. Still time for things to change but Id be giving him a longer look in RF right about now

It’s true. And I wouldn’t be shocked if Westburg was the first guy signed to an extension. He’d be much cheaper and has plenty of versatility (I think he could play a serviceable CF even with time). But Mayo is a stud and the org will find a way to maximize his value.

#1509 RichardZ

RichardZ

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,792 posts

Posted 18 April 2024 - 04:45 PM

The need will be in RF next year as Santander becomes a FA after the year. If he doesn’t get a chance before that it means everyone stayed healthy and produced. His future probably doesn’t get resolved until next spring.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#1510 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,527 posts

Posted 21 April 2024 - 03:59 PM

In the least surprising news ever the AL East has 5 teams over .500. They are not only the only division to have all 5 teams over .500 but also the only division to have 4 out of 5 over .500.

#1511 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,428 posts

Posted 21 April 2024 - 05:23 PM

Very good series win against a pesky team that's been hot at home, winning both games against their two best pitchers. Go take care of business in LA.
  • BobPhelan, fishteacher and BSLSteveBirrer like this

#1512 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,770 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 22 April 2024 - 12:59 PM

Time for a SWEEP!  Let's go!  

I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#1513 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 20,247 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 23 April 2024 - 12:33 PM

Kjerstad up for Hays. Interesting choice....wonder who is the CF if they want to give Mullins a day off against a LHP.....like, maybe even tomorrow? I assume Cowser would be the choice, but would they maybe go with Mateo?

#1514 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 15,102 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 23 April 2024 - 03:26 PM

Kjerstad up for Hays. Interesting choice....wonder who is the CF if they want to give Mullins a day off against a LHP.....like, maybe even tomorrow? I assume Cowser would be the choice, but would they maybe go with Mateo?

Cowser for sure, Mateo in a pinch.

#1515 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,527 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 08:39 PM

Oakland split with NY and the Os are now in 1st place.

#1516 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 15,102 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 25 April 2024 - 08:44 PM

Let’s hope we don’t need to face Mason Miller with a game on the line this weekend.

#1517 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,527 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 09:01 PM

Let’s hope we don’t need to face Mason Miller with a game on the line this weekend.

I dont mind the idea of calling Oak to see what they would want for him. It will still take a pretty penny but ultimately hes only a RP. Could start with Kjerstad who would be an everyday player for them
  • BobPhelan likes this

#1518 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 15,102 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 25 April 2024 - 09:21 PM

I dont mind the idea of calling Oak to see what they would want for him. It will still take a pretty penny but ultimately hes only a RP. Could start with Kjerstad who would be an everyday player for them

He was a top 100 SP prospect and has 5+ years of control but it is Oakland so I’d definitely check in with them about him.

#1519 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,527 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 09:22 PM

They were smart to move him to RP where he can dominate. More teams should do it earlier. Os and Brewers have played around with Hall as a SP. He could already be 2 or 3 years into being a top end RP by now
  • BobPhelan likes this

#1520 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,173 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 10:13 PM

Has Miller had TJ? Throwing 102-103, he will before long.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=