25 replies to this topic

#21 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,395 posts

Posted 27 September 2023 - 08:55 PM

Agree with all of this. Other than that I do think the voters recognize Adley’s super power, which isn’t in the box score. I do think he takes it. Going to be hard for him to get it in future years with Gunnar blasting 40+ bombs, so Adley gets this one.

Interesting you think Adley gets it this year. Like the actual vote from the writers and such.

#22 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,440 posts

Posted 27 September 2023 - 09:01 PM

Interesting you think Adley gets it this year. Like the actual vote from the writers and such.

I wouldn’t be surprised. The stats are not so different and I think most of the writers are on board with Adley’s intangibles. It helps he’s had a good last month too.

#23 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 September 2023 - 09:06 PM

Yeah I really do think they admire him. They know this all changed the moment he got here. They know Gunnar is getting ROY and likely the next few O’s MVP’s as well. I really do think Adley takes it. Deservedly so. He is everything I could have ever dreamed of and so much more from the night we drafted him. What a godsend. What an absolute blessing.
  • BSLSteveBirrer, TwentyThirtyFive and makoman like this

#24 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,686 posts

Posted 27 September 2023 - 09:08 PM

My vote still goes to Felix Bautista. 

Adley is a good runner up followed by Gunnar. 

I just think that if you replaced Felix's dominance with a replacement level closer, that 30-16 record in one run games suddenly becomes a lot closer to a .500 record, and WHOOSH, you're now battling for the 2nd or third place wild card. 

On a team full of players that clearly make the sum greater than its parts, he's the one guy who made that much of a difference. 

• You Play to Win the Game and Pedro Cerrano like this

#25 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,619 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 27 September 2023 - 10:10 PM

I’m with the Jester. It’s Felix for me. Gunnar 2. Adley 3. Bradish honorable mention.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#26 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,395 posts

Posted 27 September 2023 - 10:21 PM

Felix has thrown 61 innings and missed a month plus of the season. I fully get his importance. He cant win the MVO though. Not with the other 3 guys ahead of him.
  • BSLSteveBirrer likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=