Jose Quintana vs Kyle Bradish

#2 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 06 August 2023 - 08:35 AM

Looks like Quintana will be the toughest starter that the Orioles will face this series. It will be interesting to see if Hays can play today. If not, does Mateo get a start in the OF? (He finished the game last night in center and Brach stated that Mateo was getting some work in the outfield during pregame workouts this week.) Also, does McCann get the start behind the plate because it's a day game after a night game? Whatever the case no reason not to sweep this walking dead version of the Mets today.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#3 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,936 posts

Posted 06 August 2023 - 08:40 AM

That creep can roll.

#4 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,305 posts

Posted 06 August 2023 - 08:58 AM

Looks like Quintana will be the toughest starter that the Orioles will face this series. It will be interesting to see if Hays can play today. If not, does Mateo get a start in the OF? (He finished the game last night in center and Brach stated that Mateo was getting some work in the outfield during pregame workouts this week.) Also, does McCann get the start behind the plate because it's a day game after a night game? Whatever the case no reason not to sweep this walking dead version of the Mets today.

I would expect McCann to play and likely catch. Off day tomorrow with no travel so Adley could catch today but McCann is gonna play anyway. Might as well catch him. If Hays doesnt start Mateo will likely be in the OF. McKenna in LF and Santander in RF with Adley DHing. Interesting that Santander didnt play the field the last few games. Wondering if hes dealing with something minor

#5 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,284 posts

Posted 06 August 2023 - 10:02 AM

That creep can roll.

Well, you know, that's like, your opinion, man.

#6 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,607 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 06 August 2023 - 10:06 AM

Mets have quit.  Get the sweep.

• JeremyStrain likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#7 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,305 posts

Posted 06 August 2023 - 10:12 AM

Mets have quit. Get the sweep.

It was really the perfect time to play them. Coming off the deadline and being swept by KC. End of a trip for them. Finish them off. Give them no energy today

#8 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,305 posts

Posted 06 August 2023 - 10:15 AM

I would expect McCann to play and likely catch. Off day tomorrow with no travel so Adley could catch today but McCann is gonna play anyway. Might as well catch him. If Hays doesnt start Mateo will likely be in the OF. McKenna in LF and Santander in RF with Adley DHing. Interesting that Santander didnt play the field the last few games. Wondering if hes dealing with something minor

This is the lineup I expected

Rutsch DH
Mounty 1b
Santander RF
Gunnar SS
Westburg 2b
Urias 3b
McCann C
McKenna LF
Mateo CF
  • russsnyder likes this

#9 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,305 posts

Posted 06 August 2023 - 10:16 AM

Little weak but McKenna had some good ABs last night. Drove Marte back to the track twice in RF and had a double down the LF line.

#10 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 06 August 2023 - 10:48 AM

Question, do you all think Buck would have this team playing as well as Hyde and if the answer is yes which Mgr would you want? If you don’t think Buck would have them this far, why?

#11 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,305 posts

Posted 06 August 2023 - 11:05 AM

Tactically Buck laps Hyde. Singleton relayed the message Flanny had about Altabelli and the '83 team. Let the ship steer itself. Thats all you need to do with this group. So yeah, this feels like a pretty special year and a special group. Think most managers would have this team positioned well
  • Hooded Viper likes this

#12 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 August 2023 - 11:08 AM

I’m not sure Buck would love the analytical control the FO has over daily ops. Every other aspect, he is superior to Hyde.

#13 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 06 August 2023 - 11:49 AM

Didn’t get to watch last nights game live, so watched it this morning on MLB, but watched the Mets broadcast with Ron Darling, who I’ve always liked, snd crew. Boy, they couldn’t have been more complementary and hyped up about the Orioles and their overall talent. It was really refreshing to hear a competitive broadcast team be so positive towards the Orioles.

#14 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,324 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 06 August 2023 - 11:49 AM

I’m not sure Buck would love the analytical control the FO has over daily ops. Every other aspect, he is superior to Hyde.

I agree with one exception. I think Buck manages a bullpen better. But in a must win game I don't think Hyde leaves the Mountain sitting on the bench.

#15 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,660 posts

Posted 06 August 2023 - 11:53 AM

Didn’t get to watch last nights game live, so watched it this morning on MLB, but watched the Mets broadcast with Ron Darling, who I’ve always liked, snd crew. Boy, they couldn’t have been more complementary and hyped up about the Orioles and their overall talent. It was really refreshing to hear a competitive broadcast team be so positive towards the Orioles.

When I had NordVPN being able to spoof my location so that I could watch the O's on MLB.TV, I would often listen to the opposing team's broadcast crew. A recurring theme is how faster this team is, top to bottom. 

#16 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 06 August 2023 - 11:55 AM

When I had NordVPN being able to spoof my location so that I could watch the O's on MLB.TV, I would often listen to the opposing team's broadcast crew. A recurring theme is how faster this team is, top to bottom. 

Yeah, they constantly talked about the Orioles aggressiveness last night particularly how they’re all looking for a double off the bat as soon as they leave the box, not just settling for singles. But stressed, they do it with smart aggression, not running into stupid outs.

#17 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,305 posts

Posted 06 August 2023 - 11:57 AM

Young in their prime baseball players. In particular position players. Its a beautiful thing.

#18 HOF19

HOF19
  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 August 2023 - 12:24 PM

Here in the NY Metro area there is a growing movement among Mets Fans AND Yankees fans to create "A Voice "to both NY Teams Front Offices to get away from signing Big Contract Free Agents and both fan bases are using this 2023 Orioles team as an example . And there seems to be a tone of envy ( of the Orioles) from those 2 fan bases here in NY when they discuss this subject .....GO O's !!!!!

#19 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 06 August 2023 - 12:27 PM

Here in the NY Metro area there is a growing movement among Mets Fans AND Yankees fans to create "A Voice "to both NY Teams Front Offices to get away from signing Big Contract Free Agents and both fan bases are using this 2023 Orioles team as an example . And there seems to be a tone of envy ( of the Orioles) from those 2 fan bases here in NY when they discuss this subject .....GO O's !!!!!

Thanks that’s awesome to hear!

#20 HOF19

HOF19
  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 August 2023 - 12:29 PM

Mets Network just said Mets Starting Pitcher Quintana currently has the longest streak in baseball of not giving up a Home Run ...............Hmmm .....GO O's !!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=