#61 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,383 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

You asked the question, sorry you didn't like the answer.

Hey, it's fine. I don't see how it's possible that you missed the point, but that's not a problem for me.

#62 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

Hey, it's fine. I don't see how it's possible that you missed the point, but that's not a problem for me.

I think conference affliation matters more than you do, that's all just not going to say Kentucky/Vandy are better jobs because of that argument. If you want to compare the #1 team in the SEC to their counterparts in another conference, I'll likely take the SEC team.
@levineps

#63 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,383 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

I think conference affliation matters more than you do, that's all just not going to say Kentucky/Vandy are better jobs because of that argument. If you want to compare the #1 team in the SEC to their counterparts in another conference, I'll likely take the SEC team.

OK, so where is UT in the SEC? Where are FSU and Miami in the ACC?

#64 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

Nobody is doing that, though. They're comparing the #1 or #2 team in another conference with the #7 or #8 team in the SEC.

Saying that Alabama or Florida is a better job than FSU or Louisville is one thing. Saying that Tennessee and Kentucky are is another.

#65 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

OK, so where is UT in the SEC? Where are FSU and Miami in the ACC?

I already conceded that FSU was a better progrma than Tennessee and I said Miami you could make the argument. FSU is #1, Miami #3 behind VT. If Miami were in the SEC, it probably be in 8-9 range; FSU maybe 5-6? Tenneessee is probably in the 5-7 range.
@levineps

#66 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,383 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

I already conceded that FSU was a better progrma than Tennessee and I said Miami you could make the argument. FSU is #1, Miami #3 behind VT. If Miami were in the SEC, it probably be in 8-9 range; FSU maybe 5-6? Tenneessee is probably in the 5-7 range.

Actually you said it would probably be a lateral move for Fisher, so no you did not concede that.

All of these schools are above UT imo:

Alabama
Florida
LSU
Georgia
South Carolina
Auburn
Texas A&M

And I'm not sure how UT would rank above Miami unless they get some serious violations. What are you basing that off? Not recent performance obviously. Not if you look at the 80's, 90's, and early 00's either. Not in terms of name recognition. Not in terms of getting guys to the next level. Not regarding the strength of local recruiting.

Regardless, being the 3rd best program in a conference gives you a better change at achieving big things than being the 7th or so best.

#67 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

Regardless, being the 3rd best program in a conference gives you a better change at achieving big things than being the 7th or so best.

Does this apply to C-USA versus the SEC? Just asking, since you love to be technical about everything.
@levineps

#68 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,383 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

Does this apply to C-USA versus the SEC? Just asking, since you love to be technical about everything.

OK, I guess there's no point in having a real conversation with you.

#69 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

OK, I guess there's no point in having a real conversation with you.

When you were making the same bogus arguments with Kentucky/Vandy, the "real conversation" didn't quite apply.
@levineps

#70 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,383 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

When you were making the same bogus arguments with Kentucky/Vandy, the "real conversation" didn't quite apply.

Are you really still missing that point? Please tell me what same bogus argument I made with Kentucky/Vandy. This will be interesting at least.

I have tried to have a real conversation with you only for you to ignore the vast majority of my posts and to pick out two points that you misinterpreted horribly.

#71 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

ESPN: NC State hires Dave Doeren

http://espn.go.com/c...-wolfpack-coach

No word on if anyone connected to the MD Athletic Department "sabotaged" the search.
@levineps

#72 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

I saw where NIU was one of the top 5 most efficient offenses in the NCAA.

#73 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

ESPN: USF fires Skip Holtz, sources say

http://espn.go.com/c...oltz-third-year
@levineps

#74 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

ESPN: Idaho hires Paul Petrino, sources say

http://espn.go.com/c...ach-sources-say

Brother Bobby can join this staff if all else fails...
@levineps

#75 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

ESPN: Idaho hires Paul Petrino, sources say

http://espn.go.com/c...ach-sources-say

Brother Bobby can join this staff if all else fails...

I think he'd rather take another fall off of his motorcycle than become a coordinator at Idaho.

#76 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

ESPN: Mark Stoops: Kentucky can contend

http://espn.go.com/c...nning-sec-title

He'll begin his work at Kentucky immediately and will not accompany the Seminoles to their bowl game.

The long dropoff between the regular season(and conference championship games) and the bowl games causes this problem. In no other sport, that I can think of, do members of the staff leave between the regular season and playoffs. My guess is if FSU was playing for a shot at the national title, he would've remained like Bo Pelini and Jim McElwain, previously have done in recent years.
@levineps

#77 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

ESPN: Mark Stoops: Kentucky can contend

http://espn.go.com/c...nning-sec-title

I want to laugh at that, but Vanderbilt may be on the verge of pulling it off.

Tennessee and Auburn could be heading toward long down periods, and Arkansas and Missouri are struggling, too. If Stoops can recruit and coach anywhere near the level of his brother...

#78 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

I want to laugh at that, but Vanderbilt may be on the verge of pulling it off.

Tennessee and Auburn could be heading toward long down periods, and Arkansas and Missouri are struggling, too. If Stoops can recruit and coach anywhere near the level of his brother...

I don't think it's too likely myself and this could come back to bite him like Charlie Weis (http://www.youtube.c...h?v=I8TsVm9n4XM). The good news is they are in the SEC East, NOT the West but still.
@levineps

#79 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

I don't think it's too likely myself and this could come back to bite him like Charlie Weis (http://www.youtube.c...h?v=I8TsVm9n4XM). The good news is they are in the SEC East, NOT the West but still.

I don't think its likely, either, don't get me wrong. I'm just saying that there could be an opening for a team to rise, and he's a highly-thought-of coach.

#80 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

ESPN: Vanderbilt rewards James Franklin

http://espn.go.com/c...-james-franklin

Wonder if KA regrets not promoting him?
@levineps