#401 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:48 AM

@DanWetzel Estimated $19 million from Notre Dame, $7 million plus more from KU ... for not working. Charlie Weis remains my hero.

@osmattmurschel Remember, Weis is still getting paid by Notre Dame and now Kansas not to coach.

@levineps

#402 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:24 AM

David Cutcliffe turned down Michigan: http://collegefootba...gans-job-offer/

Bo Pelini could take Youngstown State position: http://footballscoop...ungstown-state/

@DJ_McCann

#403 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,010 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:29 PM

Gary Andersen leaves Wisconsin for Oregon State.  Interesting.

#404 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,315 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:16 PM

That makes no sense.

#405 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,392 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:58 PM

For the second time in a week, folks here are shocked. This time pleasantly so.

#406 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:14 AM

For the second time in a week, folks here are shocked. This time pleasantly so.

Were they that upset Riley left in the first place? I thought this article was spot on from the Oregon State perspective, don't really think it's a home run hire for Nebraska.

@levineps

#407 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,392 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:46 AM

Were they that upset Riley left in the first place? I thought this article was spot on from the Oregon State perspective, don't really think it's a home run hire for Nebraska.

Like everyone, they were suprised that Nebraska hired him. But the feelings towards him were very similar to those at UM at the end of Friedgen's tenure....respectful of what he did for that program, but felt like it was time for a breath of fresh air. Riley essentially had a lifetime contract at OSU (he got another year tacked on each time they were bowl eligible) so the only way he was going was if someone hired him away or he retired.

Thing is, while I understand the fan's feelings (being a MD fan who was ready to move on from Fridge) I don't know that OSU can do better than Riley. He had his shortcomings for sure, but few at that level were better at finding under-the-radar talent (because that's the best you'll recruit to Corvallis) and coaching them up. I like the Anderson hire....he's been successful at Utah State and Wisconsin. And when you're Oregon State and you lure a coach away from Wisconsin you naturally feel good. The question is can he get results in a Wisconsin-level conference with Utah State-level facilities?

#408 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,392 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 08:44 PM

Report: Rift grows between Kyle Whittingham and Utah’s AD

With Whittingham [sic] growing dissatisfaction with Utah and [AD Chris] Hill’s leadership, the Utes’ head coach is actively searching for positions around college football.

“The source confirmed speculation that Whittingham has met with administrators at other schools,” Piper continued.

If that’s the case, Whittingham may be a respectable fallback option for the University of Michigan, which is still attempting to lure Jim Harbaugh from the NFL ranks.

• Greg Pappas likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=