McKenna... you're already in scoring position. Use your head

#82 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 07 May 2023 - 01:59 PM

I feel like Stowers is in auto out mode. I know SSS but I would rather give Cowser a shot. Better all around player, D and O.

I’m prob overreacting though
  • PrimeTime likes this

#83 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 07 May 2023 - 02:02 PM

I feel like Stowers is in auto out mode. I know SSS but I would rather give Cowser a shot. Better all around player, D and O.

He gets a bit more time but like Vavra they cant give him a long leash like they are doing with Gunnar. I know everyone thinks because you rake in AAA you are gonna rake in the shlw and do it immediately but it usually doesnt work that way.

#84 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 07 May 2023 - 02:03 PM

Just had the same discussion with a buddy over text. Maybe management has had Stowers pegged; maybe a 4A guy?
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#85 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 07 May 2023 - 02:04 PM

My problem is they sent O'Hearn down to make room for a 3rd catcher. That Torrens pick up didn't make sense to me.

We should have had someone who could have pinch hit

#86 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 May 2023 - 02:04 PM

Just had the same discussion with a buddy over text. Maybe management has had Stowers pegged; maybe a 4A guy?

If so, it’s an egregious mistake by the FO not to utilize that perceived value better. But we don’t know if that’s the case, so I’ll put the pitchforks away.

#87 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 07 May 2023 - 02:05 PM

If so, it’s an egregious mistake by the FO not to utilize that perceived value better. But we don’t know if that’s the case, so I’ll put the pitchforks away.

Agreed but I will certainly admit to possibly overreacting. And let's actually let the kid face a lefty since he's a reverse splits guy.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#88 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 07 May 2023 - 02:06 PM

If Perez is fighting his way out of his awful start, that would be a huge boost for the pen.
@primetime667083

#89 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 07 May 2023 - 02:07 PM

Its not that we wont compete with the best teams the margins are just thinner. Our manager messed up yesterday and today we havent been particularly clean or opportune. Thats the concern. The thin margins. Not thinking we are some fake 70 win team only beating up on the poor that cant play with the big boys

#90 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 07 May 2023 - 02:07 PM

Spoke too soon. And we taxed the pen prior to the Tampa series to lose. Damn it.
@primetime667083

#91 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 07 May 2023 - 02:08 PM

This should have been a 3 game sweep. So frustrating.

#92 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 07 May 2023 - 02:09 PM

should have won that game.

load the bases twice, you gotta plate at least a run

Then bad base running in the extras innings ultimately cost us the game

#93 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 07 May 2023 - 02:13 PM

This should have been a 3 game sweep. So frustrating.

Yeah, overall, I'm pleased with the team and feel they stepped it up against a great opponent. The weekend had a playoff feel which is saying something for early May.

We need Givens and Tate

#94 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 07 May 2023 - 02:17 PM

Use your best bullet for 2 innings today in a tie game but not yesterday while ahead. Now he isnt available tomorrow. 1 inning Sat and unavailable today likely means available tomorrow. But Hyde logic baby. Gotta love it. Now, using him in the 8th yesterday doesnt assure a win but Ill happily use him ahead vs tied. And as Ricker said you had no idea if you would get a high lev spot to use him today.

#95 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,645 posts

Posted 07 May 2023 - 02:18 PM

What was the move that sent Mullins to the bench in favor of McKenna in CF? You gotta wonder if Cedric could’ve tracked that one down. 

#96 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 07 May 2023 - 02:18 PM

I think this team is a feared, sure fire bat and TOR pitcher away, I believe. I also think we can get one but not both by the deadline. We could get both but I don’t think Elias would spend that much capital to get both.
  • JStruds likes this

#97 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 07 May 2023 - 02:24 PM

Damn shame to lose a game like this.  So many opportunities and a colossal waste of good pitching.  Frustrating as hell.  

#98 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 07 May 2023 - 02:30 PM

I'm not going to beat up Hyde about Cano. He's got pitching coaches telling him that Cano isn't available and needs rest. Why go against that so early in the season?

If people want to take issue with his managing I would say, why not have let Coulombe start the inning instead of bringing Baker back. The guy's been pretty good for us. He needed to keep the ball away from center of plate.

The simple truth is should have won yesterday and we should have won today. Gotta find a way to plate a run when you load the bases twice and both Mateo and Hays made bad decisions on the base paths in extra innings. That might be on the coach as well.

#99 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 07 May 2023 - 02:31 PM

I think this team is a feared, sure fire bat and TOR pitcher away, I believe. I also think we can get one but not both by the deadline. We could get both but I don’t think Elias would spend that much capital to get both.

I'm more interested in the starter. I think Henderson is going to improve offensively. I also think we have reinforcements coming for the bullpen.

• Hooded Viper likes this

#100 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 07 May 2023 - 02:40 PM

It will be interesting to see how its handled. I have no doubt the payroll can be added to. Angelos is a penny pincher but adding some payroll at the deadline is all on Elias. If he doesnt make some solid additions he deserves all the criticism he will get. This is assuming we are still right in the mix. We should be.
  • Hooded Viper likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=