106 replies to this topic

#101 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 07 May 2023 - 03:36 PM

I'm more interested in the starter. I think Henderson is going to improve offensively. I also think we have reinforcements coming for the bullpen.

Wells pitched great today but yeah, they need another starter or two.  Bullpen is solid but to beat the big boys, you've got to have better starting pitching long term.  Unless they have injuries later in the year, I don't know how anyone's going to beat Atlanta in a short series with the starters they have.  

#102 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 07 May 2023 - 07:23 PM

Wells pitched great today but yeah, they need another starter or two.  Bullpen is solid but to beat the big boys, you've got to have better starting pitching long term.  Unless they have injuries later in the year, I don't know how anyone's going to beat Atlanta in a short series with the starters they have.  

Teams managed to do it when they had Maddux, Glavine and Smoltz. All those great teams Atlanta had back then and only one Series victory to show for it. Anything can happen in a short series.

#103 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 07 May 2023 - 07:57 PM

Teams managed to do it when they had Maddux, Glavine and Smoltz. All those great teams Atlanta had back then and only one Series victory to show for it. Anything can happen in a short series.

Yeah, that's true. Always was a mystery to me how they didn't win at least a few championships. Never the less, they're going to be tough with that kind of pitching. The Orioles aren't there yet.

#104 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 07 May 2023 - 09:37 PM

It's incredible when you think about it

#105 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,455 posts

Posted 08 May 2023 - 06:28 AM

That’s a complete team right there. No shame losing the series but we weren’t far away from sweeping them. Maybe we address our needs at the deadline to get to that level. 

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#106 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 08 May 2023 - 07:32 AM

Still a few holes in the line-up but with Adley, Henderson and Stowers all not hitting, it's particularly tough.  The team isn't far from joining the big boys. They just need to address the weaknesses. 

• JStruds likes this

#107 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,343 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 May 2023 - 08:01 AM

That’s a complete team right there. No shame losing the series but we weren’t far away from sweeping them. Maybe we address our needs at the deadline to get to that level.

To avoid a 2023 trade deadline meltdown I’m just not going to entertain this is a possibility. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if it happens, but until it does I’m just going to stick to the evidence available which suggests they won’t be doing anything that takes away from the future assets bucket to add to the now bucket.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=