Photo

Lamar What Happens Now?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
323 replies to this topic

Poll: Lamar poll His fate (31 member(s) have cast votes)

What will happen with Lamar

1. Traded (7 votes [22.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.58%

2. Signs an offer sheet and Ravens let him go for two 1s (3 votes [9.68%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.68%

3. Signs offer sheet and Ravens match (1 votes [3.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

4. Signs an extension with Ravens (3 votes [9.68%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.68%

5. Plays on the Tag (12 votes [38.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.71%

6. Sits out '23 (5 votes [16.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.13%

Vote

#301 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 23 April 2023 - 05:34 PM

Even months ago there was talk about Houston maybe not going QB at 2. They're still gonna be a bad team in contention for the top pick next year. Their front office might prefer to get a haul for the 2nd pick from another QB-desparate team.

I'm not convinced they pass on QB, but it wouldn't be all that surprising. I think there's more to it than just the typical pre-draft smoke that we hear every year around this time.

#302 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,315 posts

Posted 23 April 2023 - 06:03 PM

Even months ago there was talk about Houston maybe not going QB at 2. They're still gonna be a bad team in contention for the top pick next year. Their front office might prefer to get a haul for the 2nd pick from another QB-desparate team.

I'm not convinced they pass on QB, but it wouldn't be all that surprising. I think there's more to it than just the typical pre-draft smoke that we hear every year around this time.

I agree. I can see them grabbing some potential elite playmakers with 2 and 11 this season, then making a run at Caleb Williams next year.

#303 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 23 April 2023 - 06:28 PM

I agree. I can see them grabbing some potential elite playmakers with 2 and 11 this season, then making a run at Caleb Williams next year.

Yeah, I think there's a very strong argument that Williams would be the best prospect if he was in this class. If Drake Maye continues to improve, he very well may get to that point too. I think he's certainly going to be a better prospect than Levis or Richardson.

It'd be a risk on Houston's part, but so is drafting a player you're not really sold on with the #2 pick to be the leader of your franchise. Especially as a team still rebuilding.

#304 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,825 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 April 2023 - 10:20 AM

There seems to be a lot of Lamar buzz on Twitter today.  

I am hoping for a trade to the 49ers, but maybe the Draft serves a deadline of sorts and a deal gets done.

@mikeghg

#305 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,891 posts

Posted 26 April 2023 - 10:42 AM

I am hoping for a trade to the 49ers, but maybe the Draft serves a deadline of sorts and a deal gets done.

It's draft week. There's going to be a lot of buzz about everything  :mrgreen:

• JStruds likes this

#306 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,718 posts

Posted 26 April 2023 - 11:03 AM

Lance has been one of my favorite trade targets. I'd be excited for that.

#307 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,876 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 26 April 2023 - 11:35 AM

I'm thinking a trade happens during the draft. I have nothing to back this up just my current guess to what happens.

I will say this, if he's not traded tomorrow then I'm confident saying he's our week 1 starter.
  • Mike B likes this

#308 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,825 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 April 2023 - 12:09 PM

Lance has been one of my favorite trade targets. I'd be excited for that.

Yep, mine too.  

I liked him out of the draft and still think if healthy, he can be a very good QB.

@mikeghg

#309 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 06:05 AM

Lamar posted a twitter image of SpongeBob thinking and turning into a happy face which led the twitter-verse to go crazy believing one of the following was about to happen:

1)  Ravens were going to trade for DeAndre Hopkins.

2)  He was going to sign a deal.

3)  He was going to be traded for Trey Lance.

4)  Some team was ready to make him the offer he wanted after the draft.  

What will happen?  Probably none of the above.  

#310 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,719 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 06:51 AM

Lamar posted a twitter image of SpongeBob thinking and turning into a happy face which led the twitter-verse to go crazy believing one of the following was about to happen:

1) Ravens were going to trade for DeAndre Hopkins.
2) He was going to sign a deal.
3) He was going to be traded for Trey Lance.
4) Some team was ready to make him the offer he wanted after the draft.

What will happen? Probably none of the above.

Lol. Was about to post the same thing. People read into things what they want to believe. Have heard all of the following above linked or tweeted.

#311 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,719 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 06:56 AM

IMO what the Ravens are doing, or trying to do with the roster, assuming they are in play for Hopkins, makes me believe that Lamar isnt going anywhere in '23.

Getting past tonight is one more step towards Lamars return. Know lots of people want to see him moved. Never say never but Ill be glad when the nights over and people start calming down and dealing with Lamars return.

#312 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,719 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 01:36 PM

I think the Ravens and Lamar have agreed to an extension and are holding off as to not take away from the draft. NFL wouldnt like if we announced it this week.

#313 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,926 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 April 2023 - 01:42 PM

I think the Ravens and Lamar have agreed to an extension and are holding off as to not take away from the draft. NFL wouldnt like if we announced it this week.

I could see it.

Tonight will tell us a lot. 

#314 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,825 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 April 2023 - 01:59 PM

IMO what the Ravens are doing, or trying to do with the roster, assuming they are in play for Hopkins, makes me believe that Lamar isnt going anywhere in '23.

Getting past tonight is one more step towards Lamars return. Know lots of people want to see him moved. Never say never but Ill be glad when the nights over and people start calming down and dealing with Lamars return.

I still prefer a trade, but I think it is more likely that they get a deal done.  Just a hunch, but I think it is close.

@mikeghg

#315 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 02:12 PM

I think it is more likely that a Hopkins trade and Lamar signing will be announced simultaneously during the draft. Similar to the Hollywood trade, there is no benefit announcing early what you are doing if you can keep it under wraps.   There is no way the Ravens can afford Hopkins without getting Lamar signed.  I heard today they have to clear 2 million in order to sign their five draft picks.  That can be done easily, but adding Hopkins too?  No way.  If Hopkins is coming Lamar must be signing and not just playing on the tag.   I am fine with that.  Tired of all the drama.  

#316 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,718 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 02:24 PM

I think I'm the only person on the planet who feels like acquiring Hopkins is a bad move. He's in his early 30s, has had injury issues lately, and is expensive. Having two older, slower, past-their-prime receivers as your top options sounds like a bad move.

Either way, I just want this fiasco over. If they sign Lamar, fine. If he's traded, fine. Just get it over with.

#317 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,825 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 April 2023 - 02:25 PM

I think I'm the only person on the planet who feels like acquiring Hopkins is a bad move. He's in his early 30s, has had injury issues lately, and is expensive. Having two older, slower, past-their-prime receivers as your top options sounds like a bad move.

I think he is still a very good receiver, but I do not think it is going to happen.

He seems to be playing up to the Bills.

@mikeghg

#318 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,591 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 27 April 2023 - 02:33 PM

Either way, I just want this fiasco over. If they sign Lamar, fine. If he's traded, fine. Just get it over with.

The concern was with cap space and the Lamar situation.  If Lamar signs the cap situation becomes irrelevant.

He still put up elite efficiency numbers when he was on the field. His missed time last season was due to a PED suspension and not injury.  Assuming the PEDs he was suspended for didn't contribute to his success, and assuming he stays on the field, then he has a very good chance of being the best WR among those traded or signed in FA this offseason in 2023.  Past that it's a big wild card.  We're really playing for 2023 and 2024 here.

#319 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,639 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 02:41 PM

The concern was with cap space and the Lamar situation.  If Lamar signs the cap situation becomes irrelevant.

He still put up elite efficiency numbers when he was on the field. His missed time last season was due to a PED suspension and not injury.  Assuming the PEDs he was suspended for didn't contribute to his success, and assuming he stays on the field, then he has a very good chance of being the best WR among those traded or signed in FA this offseason in 2023.  Past that it's a big wild card.  We're really playing for 2023 and 2024 here.

He also only played I think 4 games with Murray. The rest with David Blough and Colt McCoy. That has to impact production.

It's another one where I think if he's healthy he's still good. I can see if you don't want to rely on 3 of those type of guys, with OBJ and Bateman. And probably not 19.5M good, but maybe the Cards eat some or you can change that up.

#320 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,639 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 03:06 PM

Jay Glazer

@JayGlazer
In non-draft scoopage, hearing there’s been major progress between Lamar Jackson and #Ravens. Source close to Jackson told me if no hiccups could be done VERY soon, any day now
4:02 PM · Apr 27, 2023

https://twitter.com/...678307862327296

I guess he talked to Ken Francis? Still, encouraging.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=