149 replies to this topic

#101 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,957 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 03:10 PM

Sure dude. You dont love on tons of other QBs around the league while shitting on Lamar

You are correct. I literally do not.

#102 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 04:03 PM

Who is going to want to come here not knowing if you are going to create an offense for Lamar Jackson or Tyler Huntley.

If that's the case look for a promtion from within.

Huntley's a free agent. He may not even be on the team come opening day. 

#103 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 04:05 PM

Nobody wants to "create an offense" for Tyler Huntley... :)

I told him the same thing the other day. 

#104 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,335 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 07:41 AM

Who is going to want to come here not knowing if you are going to create an offense for Lamar Jackson or Tyler Huntley.

If that's the case look for a promtion from within.

You don't have to create an offense for Lamar. He ran a pro style offense at Louisville to near perfection. This thought that Lamar has to be in this unique, run based offense is pure ignorance.

So many people with no understanding of Lamar's actually talents. He isn't a run first guy. He doesn't have issues reading a defense. He doesn't have a weak arm. He isn't a one read QB, incapable of going through progressions. He's the best runner to ever play the QB position. That's true. So people automatically stereotype him, and it is so frustrating seeing so many bad takes on what he is capable of doing.

Just hire the best guy for the job. If Lamar is here, he will 100% be capable of running his offense. End of story.
  • Mike in STL, Bmore Irish, bmore_ken and 2 others like this

#105 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 09:16 AM

He's lost some of his luster, but if he can bring some of that Reid genius...and if he succeeds without Reid maybe he finally gets a HC job and we get the picks for "developing" him.

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
Chiefs’ offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy has been requested to interview for the Ravens’ offensive coordinator job, per sources. Bieniemy also remains under consideration for the Colts’ HC job that he has interviewed for, and the Titans’ OC job, amongst other situations.
6:39 AM · Jan 29, 2023

#106 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 09:16 AM

You don't have to create an offense for Lamar. He ran a pro style offense at Louisville to near perfection. This thought that Lamar has to be in this unique, run based offense is pure ignorance.

So many people with no understanding of Lamar's actually talents. He isn't a run first guy. He doesn't have issues reading a defense. He doesn't have a weak arm. He isn't a one read QB, incapable of going through progressions. He's the best runner to ever play the QB position. That's true. So people automatically stereotype him, and it is so frustrating seeing so many bad takes on what he is capable of doing.

Just hire the best guy for the job. If Lamar is here, he will 100% be capable of running his offense. End of story.

That’s why I get so pissed at the takes that suggest he can only play if he can run. That he’s incapable of passing if the threat of him running isn’t there.
@BSLMikeRandall

#107 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 09:53 AM

He's lost some of his luster, but if he can bring some of that Reid genius...and if he succeeds without Reid maybe he finally gets a HC job and we get the picks for "developing" him.

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
Chiefs’ offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy has been requested to interview for the Ravens’ offensive coordinator job, per sources. Bieniemy also remains under consideration for the Colts’ HC job that he has interviewed for, and the Titans’ OC job, amongst other situations.

Wait, if he comes here as OC, then gets the Ravens HC job whenever Bisciotti ever sees the light that John is a problem on game day... do the Ravens still get picks?  :)

• Mike in STL likes this

#108 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 09:54 AM

That’s why I get so pissed at the takes that suggest he can only play if he can run. That he’s incapable of passing if the threat of him running isn’t there.

Literally no one here has said that. Saying his running ability makes him more dangerous isn't the same thing as saying he can only play if he runs.

• Ravens2006 likes this

#109 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 10:39 AM

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

Couple thoughts. If he were to be offered and turn down the HC job for an OC job, speaks volumes about the Colts which would be just fantastic.

If the Chiefs win today, I don’t know that one assistant coach is worth waiting two whole weeks to possibly hire while the others on your wishlist might land other jobs in that time frame. Kind of putting all your eggs in one basket. Unless they can agree to a handshake deal, and announce it after the Super Bowl. Not sure if that’s something that typically is done.
@BSLMikeRandall

#110 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 11:04 AM

Literally no one here has said that. Saying his running ability makes him more dangerous isn't the same thing as saying he can only play if he runs.

Fair. He can only play well if he has the threat ability to run.

The all important one word omission
@BSLMikeRandall

#111 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,167 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 11:08 AM

Couple thoughts. If he were to be offered and turn down the HC job for an OC job, speaks volumes about the Colts which would be just fantastic.

If the Chiefs win today, I don’t know that one assistant coach is worth waiting two whole weeks to possibly hire while the others on your wishlist might land other jobs in that time frame. Kind of putting all your eggs in one basket. Unless they can agree to a handshake deal, and announce it after the Super Bowl. Not sure if that’s something that typically is done.

I don't know why he would leave KC unless it was for a HC job.  Why go to another team to be a OC?  Unless he felt that would be a faster bridge to a HC position or if the money was substantially more. 

• SonicAttack likes this

#112 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,957 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 11:09 AM

Wait, if he comes here as OC, then gets the Ravens HC job whenever Bisciotti ever sees the light that John is a problem on game day... do the Ravens still get picks? :)

I'm skeptical. Why would he leave Mahomes for the same job in a worse offense?

#113 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 11:13 AM

I don't know why he would leave KC unless it was for a HC job.  Why go to another team to be a OC?  Unless he felt that would be a faster bridge to a HC position or if the money was substantially more. 

-He doesn't get to call plays.

-Supposedly people give all the credit to Reid and Mahomes, not him.

Both of these, if true, could help explain his difficulty getting a HC job. He may feel succeeding elsewhere would help his case. Who knows.

#114 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,957 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 11:16 AM

-He doesn't get to call plays.
-Supposedly people give all the credit to Reid and Mahomes, not him.

Both of these, if true, could help explain his difficulty getting a HC job. He may feel succeeding elsewhere would help his case. Who knows.

Hmm. That kind of makes him sound like a year-long stopgap.

With that said, I love the idea of taking someone from that organization.

#115 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,825 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 January 2023 - 11:25 AM

I guess the question that needs to be answered, is Bieniemy really the OC in KC?

@mikeghg

#116 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,167 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 11:47 AM

I guess the question that needs to be answered, is Bieniemy really the OC in KC?

According to him, the consensus that Reid calls all the plays is false.  But what Reid does do, unlike Harbaugh, is veto certain plays if he feels it's not going to be in the team's best interest at that moment.  It's understood among all the coaches on that team that Reid will not hesitate to change things since he's the final say.  A much different set up than here in Baltimore. So, in that sense, I guess I could see him wanting to come to the Ravens since he knows Harbaugh won't interfere.  Probably would be a pay hike too.  Still, he's got a good thing going in KC and if it's me, unless someone's offering me a HC position, I'd have to pass.  

#117 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 11:57 AM

I don't know why he would leave KC unless it was for a HC job. Why go to another team to be a OC? Unless he felt that would be a faster bridge to a HC position or if the money was substantially more.

I was thinking that too. Unless he knows in Baltimore and Tennessee he would be the play caller, which adds to his resume.

But if the Colts seriously offer him the HC job, he could be the play caller still. Have to think that’s hard to turn down. We don’t know the salaries but I’m curious if any head coaches make less than any coordinators.
@BSLMikeRandall

#118 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 12:00 PM

According to him, the consensus that Reid calls all the plays is false. But what Reid does do, unlike Harbaugh, is veto certain plays if he feels it's not going to be in the team's best interest at that moment. It's understood among all the coaches on that team that Reid will not hesitate to change things since he's the final say. A much different set up than here in Baltimore. So, in that sense, I guess I could see him wanting to come to the Ravens since he knows Harbaugh won't interfere. Probably would be a pay hike too. Still, he's got a good thing going in KC and if it's me, unless someone's offering me a HC position, I'd have to pass.

Reid stands there with the giant play card, and talks with it covering his mouth in between plays, and we’re not supposed to believe Reid is calling the plays?
  • 1970 likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#119 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 12:02 PM

According to him, the consensus that Reid calls all the plays is false. But what Reid does do, unlike Harbaugh, is veto certain plays if he feels it's not going to be in the team's best interest at that moment. It's understood among all the coaches on that team that Reid will not hesitate to change things since he's the final say. A much different set up than here in Baltimore. So, in that sense, I guess I could see him wanting to come to the Ravens since he knows Harbaugh won't interfere. Probably would be a pay hike too. Still, he's got a good thing going in KC and if it's me, unless someone's offering me a HC position, I'd have to pass.

Reid said Bieniemy calls plays too so I guess I was wrong about that. I imagine the system is still mostly Reid’s. Still, people have had no problem hiring Shanahan and McVay assistants.

#120 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 12:21 PM

I'm sure Reid gives his input on packages and mindsets in certain situations, at minimum. Like I noted Billick was caught on video doing during SB 35. Not telling Cavanaugh WHAT to call or do specifically, but emphasizing that a FG given their field position and score would be huge (in other words, don't be stupid or crazy or cute)... and later telling him "let's pound it in" from first and goal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=