149 replies to this topic

#141 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,349 posts

Posted 03 February 2023 - 03:35 PM

Just a hunch but I think we get the next OC named by the end of next week.

Seems like they are getting there, unless they really want to interview someone in the SB.

#142 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,014 posts

Posted 03 February 2023 - 03:40 PM

I don't know much about any of these candidates so whoever they hire, all I can do is hope for the best.  

#143 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 01:29 PM

I don't know much about any of these candidates so whoever they hire, all I can do is hope for the best.

I'm in the same boat. But neither can be worse than what he had. Can they?

#144 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,873 posts

Posted 14 February 2023 - 10:54 AM

The #Ravens announce that Todd Monken from the University of Georgia is their new offensive coordinator

• Mike in STL likes this

#145 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 14 February 2023 - 11:34 AM

The #Ravens announce that Todd Monken from the University of Georgia is their new offensive coordinator

Knee jerk reaction, I'm good with it. Pro style offense, successful in the run and passing aspects. Lost some key players with injury and still had success which given the Ravens recent injury history, is a good trait for a coordinator to have. Kinda tells me his teams are successful because of scheme, more so than talent. 

Looking forward to diving in and learning more about his offense. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#146 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 14 February 2023 - 11:36 AM

If they like Monken, I like Monken until he gives a reason to make me think otherwise.

#147 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,361 posts

Posted 14 February 2023 - 11:45 AM

I'm curious about his red zone efficiency.  His TB offenses were highly ranked at accumulating yards but didn't rack up points at the same rates.  I think we can safely ignore his one season in Cleveland, but his time in TB might tell us something useful.

#148 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,011 posts

Posted 14 February 2023 - 08:57 PM

Don't bench your RBs for the second half of entire games. Give them more red zone carries. Don't interpret 2 carries for 2 yards, after 6 carries for 58 yards, as a sign that the opponent has suddenly figured you out and you have to throw on every down the rest of the way. He does those three things and it'll be improvement enough for me... then we can rightfully place more blame on execution...
  • bmore_ken likes this

#149 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 15 February 2023 - 06:15 AM

I'm curious about his red zone efficiency. His TB offenses were highly ranked at accumulating yards but didn't rack up points at the same rates. I think we can safely ignore his one season in Cleveland, but his time in TB might tell us something useful.

I admittedly know little about him. May get curious and jump into some stuff and see what I learn. His offenses always seem to know how to move the ball. So that's good at least.

I also saw we brought Kingsbury in to interview for an "unspecified" offensive role. Certainly be interested in that.

#150 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,349 posts

Posted 16 February 2023 - 06:09 PM

Apparently the Eagles are going to promote Johnson to OC, per Schefter. He said at least 6 teams would have hired him. The Ravens were reportedly wanting to talk after the SB.

Also the Bucs hired Canales.

It’ll be interesting to see who looks best in a couple years. I’m happy with Monken at the moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=