149 replies to this topic

#41 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 21 January 2023 - 05:51 PM

Per Jeremy Fowler, requested interview with Seahawks QB coach Dave Canales.

Everyone they’ve shown interest in is a passing game person.

A little Geno Smith resurgence. Interesting.
@BSLMikeRandall

#42 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,445 posts

Posted 21 January 2023 - 06:49 PM

Giving us hope that next season we may not see both WRs and all three TEs standing within 5 yards of each other waiting to receive a pass.

#43 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 22 January 2023 - 02:24 AM

The Ravens should be looking at an OC that can build the passing game.  You don't win the AFC without being able to pass.  KC, Buffalo, Cincy, LA Chargers, Miami, and Jacksonville is becoming a force.........You aren't running that gauntlet without a passing game.  

#44 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 January 2023 - 11:21 AM

Rapoport said the Ravens requested to interview Zac Robinson.

I have a hunch; this is the guy.

@mikeghg

#45 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 22 January 2023 - 12:17 PM

Why would any of these guys come here if they have other opportunities? Lamar would be the only reason. Without him, this offense is a total rebuild for an organization known not to draft and develop offensive playmakers. The Lamar situation must get settled before a new OC can be hired. It changes 100% the trajectory of this team's offense. I bet we get a resolution for both within a week of each other.

#46 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,702 posts

Posted 22 January 2023 - 12:43 PM

Why would The Lamar situation must get settled before I bet we get a resolution for both within a week of each other.

We'll have an OC within a week or so. Lamar won't be determined until March at the earliest.

Suppose there is a chance they reach a deal with Lamar really soon, but seems very far-fetched to me. A trade cannot happen until mid-March.

#47 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 22 January 2023 - 01:42 PM

The Ravens plan to keep or sign Lamar. I could be totally wrong about the leaves Im reading but I think they are being genuine about his return to them team. Apparently John said 200% he will be back. They will assure any OC that they wont trade him. They may have to tag him and then maybe he sits out but it makes sense to me that they will want to OC to know Lamar is the QB they will be working with.

#48 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,702 posts

Posted 22 January 2023 - 01:45 PM

Apparently John said 200% he will be back.

That he wants him back, not that he will be back.

QB Lamar Jackson at the center of this team for years to come. Is that as much the case today as it was, say, this time last year? (Childs Walker)

(HARBAUGH)"100 percent; 200 percent. There's no question about it. Lamar Jackson is our quarterback; he's been our quarterback. Everything we've done in terms of building our offense and building our team, how we think in terms of [bringing in] people and putting people around him is based on this incredible young man, his talent, his ability and his competitiveness. He and I were talking today too, and the thing about Lamar that to me stands out – he's an incredible competitor. Lamar Jackson, all he wants to do is win at everything he does. Yes, he has a lot of talent, he's a very bright guy, he has a big heart, but he's just a massive competitor. That's the kind of guys we want to build this team around; guys that love football and guys that love to compete. So, that hasn't changed; it'll never change. I've loved Lamar, [executive vice president and general manager] Eric [DeCosta] loves Lamar, and it's not going to change in the future. I don't know anything about the details about the whole thing, but I know one thing: I'm like all the fans out there and everybody else; I'll have my fingers crossed, and my toes crossed, and I'll be saying prayers. I have every faith that it's going to get done, and we have the best people in the world doing it. Eric DeCosta, there's nobody better. Eric wants him here, I want him here, [Ravens owner] Steve [Bisciotti] wants him here, and Lamar wants to be here. So, it's going to work out."

#49 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 January 2023 - 01:45 PM

Why would any of these guys come here if they have other opportunities? Lamar would be the only reason. Without him, this offense is a total rebuild for an organization known not to draft and develop offensive playmakers. The Lamar situation must get settled before a new OC can be hired. It changes 100% the trajectory of this team's offense. I bet we get a resolution for both within a week of each other.

100% disagree.  The Ravens have a very good Oline, good running backs and better than good tight ends.  Nowhere near a rebuild.

• BSLChrisStoner and Hooded Viper like this
@mikeghg

#50 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 22 January 2023 - 02:04 PM

This article has the Ravens at 4th best opening, with the Lamar uncertainty. I agree with the article that the Chargers job is probably most enticing since you know you have Herbert, Ekeler, Williams, Allen. They have the Rams 2nd, Kupp is awesome but man they were a mess this year and Stafford isn't getting any younger, plus you don't get to call plays. The Bucs 3rd, and they don't exactly have a sure QB situation either. A lot of the other teams aren't all that exciting either, teams that fire OCs often have issues.

https://theathletic....nator-rankings/

• You Play to Win the Game and Mackus like this

#51 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 22 January 2023 - 02:13 PM

A rebuild? What are they rebuilding? great backs, great TEs, a solid qb assuming Lamar is signed and the O line is decent. The only thing missing is a solid receiver and Bateman to stay healthy. What exactly do they have to rebuild?

#52 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,445 posts

Posted 22 January 2023 - 02:13 PM

I'd rank the Ravens 2nd behind the Chargers. Maybe the top job assuming Lamar is back. Lamar, Dobbins and Edwards, Andrews and Likely, Bateman (if he can stay healthy), very good OL.

#53 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 January 2023 - 02:29 PM

This article has the Ravens at 4th best opening, with the Lamar uncertainty. I agree with the article that the Chargers job is probably most enticing since you know you have Herbert, Ekeler, Williams, Allen. They have the Rams 2nd, Kupp is awesome but man they were a mess this year and Stafford isn't getting any younger, plus you don't get to call plays. The Bucs 3rd, and they don't exactly have a sure QB situation either. A lot of the other teams aren't all that exciting either, teams that fire OCs often have issues.

https://theathletic....nator-rankings/

Need a couple WR’s including one bonafide receiver. But if they retain Lamar, the line, JKD, Gus Bus, Bateman, Andrews, even Likely as an up and comer… not a bad racket. They’re close.

#54 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 22 January 2023 - 02:41 PM

That he wants him back, not that he will be back.

QB Lamar Jackson at the center of this team for years to come. Is that as much the case today as it was, say, this time last year? (Childs Walker)

(HARBAUGH)"100 percent; 200 percent. There's no question about it. Lamar Jackson is our quarterback; he's been our quarterback. Everything we've done in terms of building our offense and building our team, how we think in terms of [bringing in] people and putting people around him is based on this incredible young man, his talent, his ability and his competitiveness. He and I were talking today too, and the thing about Lamar that to me stands out – he's an incredible competitor. Lamar Jackson, all he wants to do is win at everything he does. Yes, he has a lot of talent, he's a very bright guy, he has a big heart, but he's just a massive competitor. That's the kind of guys we want to build this team around; guys that love football and guys that love to compete. So, that hasn't changed; it'll never change. I've loved Lamar, [executive vice president and general manager] Eric [DeCosta] loves Lamar, and it's not going to change in the future. I don't know anything about the details about the whole thing, but I know one thing: I'm like all the fans out there and everybody else; I'll have my fingers crossed, and my toes crossed, and I'll be saying prayers. I have every faith that it's going to get done, and we have the best people in the world doing it. Eric DeCosta, there's nobody better. Eric wants him here, I want him here, [Ravens owner] Steve [Bisciotti] wants him here, and Lamar wants to be here. So, it's going to work out."

I appreciate the exact quote but this makes me stand by everything I said above even though he obiously cant guarantee he will be back

#55 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 06:47 AM

Balt Sun: John Harbaugh says ‘everybody’s going to want’ the Ravens’ offensive coordinator job. Here are 10 candidates.

#56 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 24 January 2023 - 12:12 PM

100% disagree.  The Ravens have a very good Oline, good running backs and better than good tight ends.  Nowhere near a rebuild.

This is a good point but it is worth noting there is nothing more dramatic than a change at the quarterback position. So you are correct in that there are definitely some good pieces here but uncertainty at QB impacts all of it. 

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#57 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 12:43 PM

One thing that always makes me laugh is how some hot shot coordinator will be wildly coveted to head coach in the NFL.  This year is no different.  Unfortunately, it rarely translates to bringing the same results to a new team.  Brian Billick designed the offensive juggernaut in Minnesota and then had to oversee one of the most feeble offenses as a head coach.  Same is true of defensive wizards taking over and giving up a ton of points elsewhere.  So, the Ravens can try to find the next passing game genius but that doesn't mean it's going to matter much with entirely different personnel.  I trust the organization to do the right thing and hire someone, as Harbaugh expressed in his season ending presser, that will maintain the strength of the team which is running the ball.  He just has to figure out how to develop a much more complex and creative passing attack. 

#58 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 24 January 2023 - 12:48 PM

This is a good point but it is worth noting there is nothing more dramatic than a change at the quarterback position. So you are correct in that there are definitely some good pieces here but uncertainty at QB impacts all of it. 

Agreed, but he said the offense needs a total rebuild, which under any circumstances it does not.

@mikeghg

#59 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 01:49 PM

That's a different thing than saying the offense has to be rebuilt.

#60 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 01:50 PM

Agreed, but he said the offense needs a total rebuild, which under any circumstances it does not.

I said total rebuild if Lamar leaves and I stand by it.  Lamar is the most unique QB in the league.  Without him it changes so much.  It would be a huge blunder for the Ravens to hire someone based on a Lamar led offense, but then have Lamar gone.  The entire system would have to be thrown in the trash and then... wait for it... rebuilt. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=