2648 replies to this topic

#1821 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,315 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 04:31 PM

Ravens sat on the couch and took W’s. Thank you to Arizona, LA Rams and Green Bay.

NFC ain’t so bad!

They had about as good of a bye week as you could ask for. If Cincy can pull the upset tonight, it's a perfect scenario for the Ravens.

In the end, they still have to play top teams the rest of the way. 49ers just smoked Philly, that should be the barometer for how close the Ravens really are to being championship caliber.

#1822 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,771 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 04:50 PM

Lol, now Pickett having ankle surgery, though they say he won't be out for the year. Ravens being absolutely gift-wrapped the division this season.

They'll probably be better with Trubisky than Pickett. Pickett is garbage.
  • SonicAttack likes this

#1823 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,116 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 04 December 2023 - 05:49 PM

They'll probably be better with Trubisky than Pickett. Pickett is garbage.

Disagree with this.  You could argue Trubisky is the worst starting QB in the league currently.

Tonight...GO BENGALS 

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#1824 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,894 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 07:34 PM

Disagree with this.  You could argue Trubisky is the worst starting QB in the league currently.

Tonight...GO BENGALS 

Anything's possible after watching Arizona beat up the Steelers but I just can't see how Jacksonville loses this game.  

#1825 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,926 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 December 2023 - 07:46 PM

Anything's possible after watching Arizona beat up the Steelers but I just can't see how Jacksonville loses this game.

Arizona beat the Steelers because they’re better than the Steelers. It’s that simple. Steelers blow. It’s pretty obvious.

#1826 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,894 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 07:52 PM

Arizona beat the Steelers because they’re better than the Steelers. It’s that simple. Steelers blow. It’s pretty obvious.

If Arizona is better than the Steelers, that's a pretty sobering commentary.  The Cardinals are pitiful. 

#1827 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,926 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 December 2023 - 07:55 PM

If Arizona is better than the Steelers, that's a pretty sobering commentary. The Cardinals are pitiful.

Steelers have been punching above their weight all year. They’re a very bad football team. Particularly that offense. It’s DII trash and I love it. Arizona with Kyler back and Trey McBreezie’s emergence are a solid team. At least solid enough to beat a terrible team like Pittsburg.

#1828 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,894 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 08:07 PM

Steelers have been punching above their weight all year. They’re a very bad football team. Particularly that offense. It’s DII trash and I love it. Arizona with Kyler back and Trey McBreezie’s emergence are a solid team. At least solid enough to beat a terrible team like Pittsburg.

The Cardinals will be lucky to win another game this year.

#1829 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,591 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 04 December 2023 - 08:12 PM

"Solid?" Uh, that's overstating your case by about a light year. The best I'll give them is "not complete dogwater."

#1830 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,926 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 December 2023 - 08:57 PM

"Solid?" Uh, that's overstating your case by about a light year. The best I'll give them is "not complete dogwater."

It’s the NFL. Anyone can beat anyone. The gap from worst team to best team isn’t that crazy. Light year? Not so much. Denver got 70 hung on them, then a few weeks later ran off a nice winning streak, including a win over KC. Any given Sunday. Anyone can be solid. Anyone can suck. They’re 30th in DVOA. Pittsburgh is 10th. One team straight bitched the other on their turf yesterday. They looked solid enough to me. Kyler being back is huge. McBride’s emergence these past few weeks is huge. You can hang onto the Dobbs era all you want. They’re 2-2 since Kyler returned with wins over Atlanta and Pittsburgh and they lost by just 5 to a resurgent Texans team.

BTW - with the draft capital they’ve got, they’re a sneaky sleeper for next year. Very good chance they’re a quality team. Kyler just returned but film guys and analysts have been praising Arizona this year for their new coaching staff’s modern offense with good concepts and route trees.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#1831 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,926 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 December 2023 - 09:01 PM

The Cardinals will be lucky to win another game this year.

They could beat Chicago and Seattle IMO. They have zero chance against SF and Philly though.

#1832 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 10:51 PM

Trevor Lawrence just went down angrily with an ugly ankle injury. His LT stepped back on it while pass blocking.

Looks like it took a guy supporting on both sides to get him to the locker room slowly.

Guessing not likely a fracture but sure looks like someone who will miss a game or three.

#1833 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,926 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 December 2023 - 11:03 PM

The QB injuries this year have been unreal. TLaw, Burrow, Cousins, Tannehill, Stafford has missed multiple games, Jones, Rodgers, Watson, Fields has missed multiple games, Kyler Murray’s season if 4 games old, Pickett (again), Richardson. Not great.

#1834 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,720 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 11:05 PM

Its as if football is violent and has a lot injuries. Most of the rules that overly protect QBs dont make a bit of difference
  • Hooded Viper likes this

#1835 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 11:12 PM

The QB injuries this year have been unreal. TLaw, Burrow, Cousins, Tannehill, Stafford has missed multiple games, Jones, Rodgers, Watson, Fields has missed multiple games, Kyler Murray’s season if 4 games old, Pickett (again), Richardson. Not great.

I'm going to take a leap here and say that QBs PROBABLY get hurt less when they hand off to a RB. More passing is more drop backs and more chances to get rolled up on, by either team.

#1836 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,926 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 December 2023 - 11:46 PM

Its as if football is violent and has a lot injuries. Most of the rules that overly protect QBs dont make a bit of difference

At the end of the day, sure. Also a good point above about more passing = more inherent injury risk.

But this year has to be somewhat of an outlier right? That was 12 significant names that have missed substantial time. Well, other than Whopper Jr Hands Kenny Pickett.

#1837 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,926 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 December 2023 - 11:48 PM

Disagree with this. You could argue Trubisky is the worst starting QB in the league currently.

Tonight...GO BENGALS

Well done a couple of you on this tonight.

Perfect bye week for the Ravens.

#1838 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,720 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 11:59 PM

Well done a couple of you on this tonight.

Perfect bye week for the Ravens.

Miami won but yeah Im just busting your chops. Great weekend.

#1839 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,926 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 December 2023 - 12:25 AM

Miami won but yeah Im just busting your chops. Great weekend.

Against the Commanders. That they still had to play and exert energy and risk injury is still a win in my books.

#1840 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 05 December 2023 - 03:30 PM

Man how things have changed. It's a close call but I'm leaning to pulling for the Browns to beat the Jaguars this weekend. As long as the Ravens win that 2 game division lead looks pretty good. This might be the Chiefs last chance to get another loss so let's go Bill's. At the end of the day we control our own destiny but a little insurance would go a long way to getting that no. 1 seed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=