144 replies to this topic

#101 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 28 December 2022 - 09:11 AM

Not to mention a bit of cheating to help them out,  but heck, its all good. :)

More brillance up until the point they were caught. Stlll, that WS title is in the trophy case.

#102 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,765 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 28 December 2022 - 10:49 AM

Probably the greatest tank to greatness run in sports history. Brillance by the Astros and their brass.

You realize that repeating the headline isn't evidence, right?  The response to my comment is to engage in the debate over the causality of the statements.  I can defend mine.  Nobody even tries to defend what I push back on.  EVERYONE runs away.  Chris reads out of the book.  The book wouldn't even have been written if the scandal had come out earlier.

Just release Kjerstad, Cowser and Holliday from the Orioles system.  Is the future of the Orioles any less bright? 

The current Astros team has nothing to do with tanking.  The Cubs didn't win a WS because they tanked.  The WhiteSox and Padres lines having nothing to do with their non-competitive behavior.  The Rays, Cards and Yanks are annually competitive and none of them are a product of non-competitive behavior.

You think this response is me 'triggered', yet all I'm doing is proving you are the useless troll everyone knows you are.

#103 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,765 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 28 December 2022 - 10:55 AM

...and just fyi, you are getting owned everywhere and I'm not even trying.  I seriously thought you were a teenager and I generally don't punch back (I take a lot, that's fine) and it feels extra rude to punch down. Now I just feel sad for you. 

This isn't twitter.  Try to stick to Baseball.

• bmore_ken likes this

#104 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 28 December 2022 - 12:20 PM

Damn. I knew the Astros tilted you but I didnt know it was that bad. ROFL

#105 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,765 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 28 December 2022 - 12:56 PM

Damn. I knew the Astros tilted you but I didnt know it was that bad. ROFL

Wow, good one man.  No one could have seen your stealth execution there.  How will I ever recover?

You think this response is me 'triggered', yet all I'm doing is proving you are the useless troll everyone knows you are.

#106 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 28 December 2022 - 01:37 PM

Homeslice. Its impossible for someone to mention the Astros without you responding. Especially if they mention the Stros strategy of tanking. Literally everytime you respond.

#107 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,765 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 28 December 2022 - 02:04 PM

Homeslice. Its impossible for someone to mention the Astros without you responding. Especially if they mention the Stros strategy of tanking. Literally everytime you respond.

We shouldn't allow people to continue to share the earth is flat and 2+2=10.

#108 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 28 December 2022 - 02:31 PM

We shouldn't allow people to continue to share the earth is flat and 2+2=10.

Interesting take considering your uh "theory" on The Wall.

#109 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,765 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 28 December 2022 - 03:25 PM

Interesting take considering your uh "theory" on The Wall.

Should probably go in the Wall thread, but nothing I've said has changed.  In fact, earlier THIS MONTH Mike Elias said they were already planning on making changes to The Wall, to even it out as part of other renovations.

So just so it's clear, we spent 3+ years working on the biggest structural change to any current MLB Stadium (maybe ever) and didn't announce it or share it publicly until after construction started, explain the late start, coordinate for compensation from MSA and less than 8 months after completion we're already talking about making significant changes. 

Maybe they'll show us a picture of what they're thinking about this time.

I'll stand comfortably by my position.

#110 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,535 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 December 2022 - 03:36 PM

So what's the deal with The Wall TM again? Just that they didn't announce it to your liking? Still over my head I guess - I don't understand what you're implying with all that.

#111 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 28 December 2022 - 03:47 PM

So what's the deal with The Wall TM again? Just that they didn't announce it to your liking? Still over my head I guess - I don't understand what you're implying with all that.

IM sure his follow up post will make it super clear.  

#112 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,765 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 28 December 2022 - 03:49 PM

I didn't bring it up.  Your good human friend did.  He seems to be under the belief that my previous position has been undermined somehow (still an island, I get it, I've stood on many islands, some now well populated) yet everything we've seen (or not seen) since still reflects my position.

#113 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 28 December 2022 - 03:51 PM

Lol. Told you. Super clear. 

#114 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 28 December 2022 - 03:53 PM

BTW would still love to know what the big news or big changes are that will be coming in the next 2- 3 weeks is it now?? If you dont want to explain it to me you can do it for the other posters here. Some of which asked you to elaborate when you said it.

#115 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,765 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 28 December 2022 - 04:01 PM

BTW would still love to know what the big news or big changes are that will be coming in the next 2- 3 weeks is it now?? If you dont want to explain it to me you can do it for the other posters here. Some of which asked you to elaborate when you said it.

Something I anticipated didn't happen by last Friday.  I'm wrong (today) on that one.  Could still happen (I think we're actually seeing pieces related, whatever).  The other is in January.  The third thing (which could be second thing if 1 happens) will be more interesting (in a good way) to the fanbase, but again, I think you need 1 for that to happen.  We'll see.

#116 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 28 December 2022 - 04:08 PM

The riddles are for what reason again.  Why cant we be more specific. 

#117 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 December 2022 - 04:19 PM

Something I anticipated didn't happen by last Friday.  I'm wrong (today) on that one.  Could still happen (I think we're actually seeing pieces related, whatever).  The other is in January.  The third thing (which could be second thing if 1 happens) will be more interesting (in a good way) to the fanbase, but again, I think you need 1 for that to happen.  We'll see.

Huh?   :-P

@mikeghg

#118 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 28 December 2022 - 04:22 PM

I'm still waiting for that impact move you said we could "book."

You can't call someone else out for not answering for what they say when you don't do it either.

#119 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 28 December 2022 - 04:23 PM

Something I anticipated didn't happen by last Friday. I'm wrong (today) on that one. Could still happen (I think we're actually seeing pieces related, whatever). The other is in January. The third thing (which could be second thing if 1 happens) will be more interesting (in a good way) to the fanbase, but again, I think you need 1 for that to happen. We'll see.

But seriously. Just be specific.

#120 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,510 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 28 December 2022 - 04:25 PM

I didn't bring it up.  Your good human friend did.  He seems to be under the belief that my previous position has been undermined somehow (still an island, I get it, I've stood on many islands, some now well populated) yet everything we've seen (or not seen) since still reflects my position.

That's pretty easy to say, when many times you avoid succinctly stating what your position is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=